Cormier spoiled all the UFC 297 prelims with one sentence

I mean, I feel it's perfectly reasonable for the broadcasting team to discuss prior fights of the night when we're on the main card. Can't imagine many people watch the prelims after the main card, do they? Or have I been doing this wrong my whole life.
There have been times where I've been occupied during the prelims but then have been free to watch the main live. Afterwards, I've gone back and watched the prelims. Annoying when the announcers talk about prior fights that I haven't seen yet.

Cruz was really off. How many times he needed to talk about damage for Anik to have to correct him, and then questioning whether or not a single instance of damage is supposed to get scored in later rounds when HE'S the professional fighter? And then being insistent on the knee rule he was wrong about, with a fun cherry on top of Cormier not being informed enough to correct him.

It was a bad night

Canada has had two good cards ever. UFC 115: Franklin vs Liddell and the Gaethje vs Cerrone card. Glad I was there for at least one of the good ones.

UFC 165 & Poirer/Eddie 2 were both good

Yes this is really silly.

Ive never ever heard of someone complaining about this.
Tbf I doubt if there's ever been an occurrence like Saturday's before where a specific nationality was represented on every single prelim fight and the results all went one particular way.

If they started literally listing the names of winners and losers from all the prelims during the main card fights I think you would hear more complaints.

How can you come up with a silly list of negative things for a mediocre card? Go outside and take a deep breath.

Cruz, Cormier and Anik together make me wish I knew a different language (that the UFC broadcast in) so I didn't have to listen to their shite. Fuck they're bad together!

Why would MBS get an interview? That fight was terrible and she wasn't even a champ

I mean, I feel it's perfectly reasonable for the broadcasting team to discuss prior fights of the night when we're on the main card. Can't imagine many people watch the prelims after the main card, do they? Or have I been doing this wrong my whole life.
When the fights happen 1-8 in night morning the order of fights watched tends to change at least for me

I wonder if Clay Guida screwed that up for other fighters with his fake retirement last year.
I think so. Fighters will probably have to set up an announcement with UFC management ahead of time thanks to Guida's shenanigans.

"Spoiled" Lol what are you saying, the commentary team shouldn't be able to refer to the event's previous fights for the sake of people who don't watch it live?
TS is proposing the show to be a double blind study. Nobody sees the fights, and the viewers can't hear the commentary.

Canadian PPV's are always shit. The best Canadian fighter was in PFL and he retired. It's not a surprise they're getting their asses kicked.

I watched the PPV main card live and the prelims the next day.

All it took was DC saying on the PPV, "Canadian men are winless tonight and the Canadian women haven't lost." Guess what? Every single prelim fight had a Canadian on it.

Maybe the UFC should go to Canada more often so that not every Canadian fighter on the roster feels the need to be on the card.

Then there's Dominick Cruz a former champion who apparently doesn't know how fights are scored, saying if it goes to a decision the fight is scored on damage so the guy whose face is busted up more loses. Jon Anik has to tell him the fight is scored round by round and a cut is scored in the round where the cut is inflicted.

Then during the Movsar Evloev vs. Arnold Allen grounded knees controversy nobody on the broadcast apparently knew that Ontario still uses New Jersey's version of the rules, not the new unified rules, so a hand doesn't have to be weight-bearing to ground a fighter.

I could sort of forgive them for this since the UFC hasn't been to Toronto in 5 years.

Mayra Bueno Silva didn't get a post fight interview after losing a title fight. And lastly Malcolm Gordon didn't get a post fight interview despite seemingly retiring inside the Octagon. I wonder if Clay Guida screwed that up for other fighters with his fake retirement last year.

Pretty bad job by the broadcast team and production last night, IMO.
How about Cruz on DDP's punching... He must have repeated "he's getting closer" 1000 times. Cruz is the worst.

Sherdog spoils fights and no one bats an eye

I watched the PPV main card live and the prelims the next day.

All it took was DC saying on the PPV, "Canadian men are winless tonight and the Canadian women haven't lost." Guess what? Every single prelim fight had a Canadian on it.

Maybe the UFC should go to Canada more often so that not every Canadian fighter on the roster feels the need to be on the card.

Then there's Dominick Cruz a former champion who apparently doesn't know how fights are scored, saying if it goes to a decision the fight is scored on damage so the guy whose face is busted up more loses. Jon Anik has to tell him the fight is scored round by round and a cut is scored in the round where the cut is inflicted.

Then during the Movsar Evloev vs. Arnold Allen grounded knees controversy nobody on the broadcast apparently knew that Ontario still uses New Jersey's version of the rules, not the new unified rules, so a hand doesn't have to be weight-bearing to ground a fighter.

I could sort of forgive them for this since the UFC hasn't been to Toronto in 5 years.

Mayra Bueno Silva didn't get a post fight interview after losing a title fight. And lastly Malcolm Gordon didn't get a post fight interview despite seemingly retiring inside the Octagon. I wonder if Clay Guida screwed that up for other fighters with his fake retirement last year.

Pretty bad job by the broadcast team and production last night, IMO.
The UFC is dying a slow death, Sticko.

I mean,if i miss the prelims, I expect them to talk about them anyway. Thats just the way it is.
I didn’t say I didn’t expect it, just said it’s annoying

lol Yeah and I was spoiled because the UFC instagram page posted the winner but I wanted to download the event and watch it later…

Yeah I wasn't a big fan of the broadcast yesterday, DC/Cruz is a really bad combo IMO
Cruz did a terrible job. The DDP vs Strickland fight was the worst for Dominick. Him crediting DDP for an elbow opening up a cut on Strickland was nonsense. He created a false narrative that helped convince people DDP won the fight.

Cruz did a terrible job. The DDP vs Strickland fight was the worst for Dominick. Him crediting DDP for an elbow opening up a cut on Strickland was nonsense. He created a false narrative that helped convince people DDP won the fight.
Dumb Cruz. It was a right hand, not an elbow

Back