Pre-fight discussion UFC 297 Strickland vs. Du Plessis Sat. Jan. 20 Early Prelims 6:30PM ET ESPN+, Main PPV 10PM ET

Planning to watch

• All of it

• Most of it

• Some of it

Results are only viewable after voting.
Anyone who orders this card had my respect for being a hard core.

I order 80 to 90% of ufc cards but won't pull trigger here. Last ppv I didn't order was the Izzy Strickland. I hope Strickland and Ddp don't do Csnada or Aussie cards after this as I like both. And Canada an Aussie cards are terrible.

I really don’t know where all these Strickland fans came from, like pre Alex the dude was about as entertaining as Belal, the dude is a decision merchant, and y’all will be complaining within 2 defences if he goes the distance that he is boring, and also this is happening tonight IMG_1157.jpeg

Wow this card has zero big names on it... what the fuck happened to the UFC? I used to watch every card, every weekend like it was my religion... now I could give a fuck. I usually forget it’s even on because it starts at 2PM on a fucking Saturday half the time... it's at the point where main events are lackluster champs vs. some other contender. Champs don't even feel special any more... last guy that felt special was Ngannou and he's gone now. Oh yeah and there's old ass Jones, like he's got any more than a year or 2 max left.
then stop watching, but yeah card is shit

I really don’t know where all these Strickland fans came from, like pre Alex the dude was about as entertaining as Belal, the dude is a decision merchant, and y’all will be complaining within 2 defences if he goes the distance that he is boring, and also this is happening tonight View attachment 1024695
his politics bs and nonsense bring out the clowns in the sport to support him so not suprised hope his reign ends tonight

Wow this card has zero big names on it... what the fuck happened to the UFC? I used to watch every card, every weekend like it was my religion... now I could give a fuck. I usually forget its even on because it starts at 2PM on a fucking Saturday half the time... it's at the point where main events are lackluster champs vs. some other contender. Champs don't even feel special any more... last guy that felt special was Ngannou and he's gone now. Oh yeah and there's old ass Jones, like he's got any more than a year or 2 max left.
so just stop watching? personally i just like MMA so the card not having "names" on it doesn't bother me I just love the sport.

Q. Does anyone have a good intelligent serious take / view on the Evloev vs Allen fight tonight?

That's hard to pick. Both guys are high level, Evloev is undefeated but kinda a decision machine (shades of Chookagian....) and Allen coming off that recent loss to Max but other than that has looked great.

if someone with some smart insight could chip in on this, I'd be interested to hear it......

Watching the divisional games. Will probably catch a free stream of whatever fights are left after the games.
I dont even like any of the teams playing today, thats how bad this card is, lol.

I really don’t know where all these Strickland fans came from, like pre Alex the dude was about as entertaining as Belal, the dude is a decision merchant, and y’all will be complaining within 2 defences if he goes the distance that he is boring, and also this is happening tonight View attachment 1024695
It has to do with his interviews that recently went viral. A lot of people are into the culture war nonsense and I’m so bored of it. Dricus is a class act from what I’ve seen in previous interviews and I’m rooting for him to be the next champ. I’m probably in the minority but I actually hate the trash talk and politics bs. He should have said next question instead of going on an unhinged rant.

I have people coming over for the fights so I won't be in the PBP. I'm leaning Dricus but who knows.
But what I do know is it's Malcolm X(tra weight) Gordon fight day!!! <{JustBleed}>

giphy.gif

Wow if the Jan and Dominick Reyes fights weren’t canceled this card would have been really stacked

wheres the prelim thread

Back