PBP UFC 297 Strickland vs. Du Plessis: Main Card PBP Discussion - Sat 1/20 at 10pm ET / 7pm PT

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Happy for Rocky and happy Gillian got her bonus. Will have to rewatch the main event. It's a bit fuzzy

<28>

I think how people are scoring this shows how many know nothing about mma

Dricus landed almost nothing in the first 3 rounds. Literally almost nothing.

But people are giving him rounds because he's moving forward.

It doesn't mean anything if he wasn't hitting him.

4th is the only round i could give him with good faith.
Even other fighters were scoring for ddp.
Good card overall, except the fact that Raquel showed zero urgency to stop that fight which she could've easily done had she just brought back up to the feet.

She has zero killer instinct despite the fact that she was showing 2 levels over Mayra on the feet.

Magny showed a ton of heart tonight, showing the young bucks he's not fuckin done yet.

That Raquel fight was frustrating to watch. She could have also finished the arm triangle but refused to move to the side.

Even other fighters were scoring for ddp.

That Raquel fight was frustrating to watch. She could have also finished the arm triangle but refused to move to the side.

Some killer instinct would've been nice sir

I watch fights and judge the amount of strikes landed with my own eyes

Not strike stats

You can hit air and they'll count it as a significant strike

Dricus barely landed anything in those first three rounds. Certainly nothing clean. Whatever miniscule strikes he did land were blocked / Sean rolled with them

You don't have a clue what you're watching
You realize there’s more to striking than just a jab right? Dricus was mixing it up to the legs, body, and head, had complete octagon control, and 6 tds.

Wow! Great win for Pennington and congratulations to her on winning the UFC Bantamweight Title!

Last edited:
Wow! Yes! That was a great fight! Strickland could have won. Great win for Du Plessis and congratulations to him on winning the UFC Middleweight Title!

You realize there’s more to striking than just a jab right? Dricus was mixing it up to the legs, body, and head, had complete octagon control, and 6 tds.

I know right, jabs don't do anything................................

GEWkpCObYAAUnEm

GEWnLOAWsAAIhl3

After looking at the results Sean Strickland was slightly better on the feet.

why were the fans chanting "fuck you magny" throughout the neil magny fight? is it just because his opponent was canadian and they were fighting in front of canadian fans or is there some kind of backstory behind this?

Grasso beats both these bozos
Nope. Size matters. Alexa used to be a SW. These girls are bigger and stronger. Nobody below BW beats any of the top 5 BW, imo.

Maybe Erin. She’s the only girl I’d give a chance to of beating any of the top 5 BW.

I love the fact that the person who's fighting for the belt is being descibed as "just starting out, and not a finished product". Lol, Jesus.
That was her 15th fight. Pretty hard to call that just starting out. The narrative gets pushed whichever way by the broadcast crew. Based on what the UFC wants to happen in any given fight.

It’s really hard to hear that bullshit sometimes. Just call it down the line.

She's going to lose that shit so fast
Only 20% picked Rocky to win. She just won, though. Next will be Pena. Rocky has won 6 in a row. Nobody has done that at BW. Since Ronda and then Amanda. Though Holly got beat by a girl that popped for peds. And MBS just shit the bed. Just like Aldana in the last title fight. Before Amanda retired.

Rocky just might defend it once, or twice. Who knows. It’s possible. But she just won something that nobody can take away from her history wise. She paid her dues, and is the champion now. I’m happy for Rocky, and Tecia.

Too many bandwagon jumpers in here. Aldana, and Mayra aren’t what people thought they were.

Rocky just might defend it once, or twice. Who knows. It’s possible. But she just won something that nobody can take away from her history wise. She paid her dues, and is the champion now. I’m happy for Rocky, and Tecia.

<DCWhoa>

Big time. I hope she smashes Pena to Bolivian!

Back