PBP UFC 299: O'Malley vs. Vera 2 Main Card PBP Discussion: Sat. 3/9 at 10pm ET / 7pm PT

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jackonfire

BMF Mod
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
xYCRLrF.jpg

Main Card (PPV 10pm ET / 7pm PT)
135: Sean O'Malley (17-1, 1NC) vs. Marlon Vera (23-8-1)
155: Dustin Poirier (29-8, 1NC) vs. Benoît Saint Denis (13-1. 1NC)
170: Kevin Holland (25-10, 1NC) vs. Michael Page (21-2)
170: Gilbert Burns (22-6) vs. Jack Della Maddalena (16-2)
135: Petr Yan (16-5) vs. Song Yadong (21-7, 1NC)

How to Watch UFC 299

UFC 299 ‘O’Malley vs. Vera 2’ Play-by-Play, Results & Round Scoring

Sherdog YouTube

iRCsb4C.gif
fc9RiCD.png

Last edited:
IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope you are all ready for a great night of fights! lets go! enjoy everyone ;)

Its such a good card that it even looks like our lovely little Bro Rogany @BroRogan will be in early for this one, thats a surprise to say the least

wait-what.gif

Israel Adesanya gave his predictions for every fight on the UFC 299 main card, barring one.

The UFC 299 main card will be opened by bantamweight contender Yadong Song (21-7) and former champ Petr Yan (16-5) at Kaseya Center in Miami this weekend. Yadong is riding a two-fight winning streak and is 5-1 in his last six outings. Meanwhile, Yan is on a three-fight skid, albeit all against the highest level of competition. While some consider Yan a slow starter, Adesanya believes “No Mercy” will come out all guns blazing for a three-rounder and emerge victorious.

“I like Yan, I like Song Yadong but I like Yan and I’m a fan of his style,” Adesanya said on his YouTube channel. “But I just don’t see him losing four in a row. I’m going to go Yan by UD [unanimous decision]. Three Rounds? He might come out different, like just crazy… It’s a three-round, it’s the first fight of the pay-per-view... So I think Yan is gonna come out crazy with this one. I’m going to go Yan and he might outperform Song Yadong.”

Former welterweight title contender Gilbert Burns (22-6) will challenge surging Australian standout Jack Della Maddalena (16-2). Burns went 2-1 in 2023 and is coming off a unanimous decision loss against Belal Muhammad. Meanwhile, Maddalena is undefeated in six UFC outings and will enter the Octagon on the heels of a split-decision win over Kevin Holland. Adesanya expects Maddalena to get his hands raised with his striking advantage over Burns.

“If I’m going to pick someone, I’m going to pick Jack. I wouldn’t say recency bias or he’s younger or anything, but JDM can deliver punishment. And I just see him managing his distance well unless Gilbert can take him down and use his superior jiu-jitsu against him. Depends whose back is on the fence… JDM [official pick], I’m good with a decision but I will not be surprised if it was a TKO.”

Former Bellator MMA superstar Michael Page (21-2) will make his promotional debut against the aforementioned Holland (25-10). Being good friends with Page, Adesanya wants and also believes that “Venom” will knock Holland out.

“To be honest, I want MVP to go in there and snipe this guy, but I just know Kevin is not one to just like back down. He’s going to bring the fight, which could make it even easier for Michael to just find the shot and put him away. I’m gonna go MVP in this fight. I think it’s going to be a knockout.”

Perennial lightweight elite Dustin Poirier (29-8) will take on surging finisher Benoit Saint-Denis (13-1) in the co-main event. Saint-Denis is riding a five-fight finish streak after suffering his lone career loss in his UFC debut. Meanwhile, Poirier is coming off a head-kick KO loss against Justin Gaethje and has gone 1-2 in his last three. However, Adesanya believes Poirier’s recent losses don’t define him and expects “The Diamond” to get his hands raised against the Frenchman.

“I’m gonna go Dustin just cause he’s Dustin Poirier. He’s a veteran in this, ‘The Diamond’ and he’s done so much. I know he’s had some losses and what not but they don’t really define him. I’m going to go Dustin, maybe a late stoppage.”

Adesanya surprisingly refused to make a pick for the main event of the night, which features Sean O’Malley (17-1) putting his bantamweight title on the line against Marlon Vera (23-8) in a bid to avenge a 2020 loss.

Back