Pre-fight Discussion UFC 299: O'Malley vs. Vera 2 Sat. March 9 Prelims 6pm ET ESPN+, Main 10pm ET PPV

Planning to watch

• All of it

Votes: 31 70.5%
  • Most of it

Votes: 10 22.7%
  • Some of it

Votes: 3 6.8%

• Total voters
A stacked card in Miami this week. If the fights deliver it’ll be one to remember. No controversy, and may the better fighters win.

Michel vs Michal..

Michel’s second fight at MW since moving up. I expect him to win handily. The move up was better for his body, and career, imo. He said recently that he was cutting 40 pounds at WW. That’s just not an ideal amount of weight to cut. And can affect all kinds of performance related aspects of fighting in the UFC. Like a fighter’s gas tank. But since Michel stopped doing the acrobatic stuff. Gas hasn’t been a problem yet.

Michel by decision.

Cerminara (Chookagian) vs Maycee..

Maycee is riding a 5 fight win streak, though most think she lost the first fight of the streak against Maverick. Between getting injured, and losing to Roxanne. Then losing to Alexa in her return after injury. She appears to have grown up, and been humbled a bit. Which makes her much more likeable, imo. She’s still confident, but not over the top, like she was before the Roxanne fight. But she is still inconsistent with how aggressive she will fight. Which is the wild card for me for this fight. Will she be aggressive, and run over Chook? Will she do what I believe she should to win?

Chook is looking to get back on the winning track after losing to Manon. In her last 10 fights she’s only lost to V Shevchenko, Andrade, and now Manon. No shame in losing to those girls. Chook has fought much tougher competition than Maycee has. She’s also 10 years older. Out of curiosity, I looked on Tap and 85% are picking Maycee, so far. Which is interesting to me. I don’t think Chook is on the big slide just yet. And looking past her could be a bad idea, imo.

I’m not sure who I’m picking until after the ceremonial weigh-ins. But, I’m leaning Chook, by decision.

Yan vs Yadong..

Yan NEEDS a win badly. If for no other reason than to get off of the slide he is on. And get some confidence back. It’s bizzare how you can be cock of the walk one minute. And a mere feather duster the next in mma.
I’m taking Yan just because he has his back against the wall. And if he even wants to get another TS. He needs to start winning, right now.

Yan by decision.

Dustin vs BSD..

This is the fight I’m having the most trouble with. Dustin is/was an elite fighter. Just one small step below championship level, it seems. It’s 55/45 for BSD on Tap. Have people written Dustin off too early? Or is BSD the real deal? This fight should tell us.

I’m undecided as of this moment. But hoping for a great fight, with no controversy. Dustin has never lost 2 fights in a row. I can’t just ignore that. Dustin has fought the best fighters for many years. Is BSD on that level?

O’Malley vs Chito..

This one could be much closer than expected. I’m right on the verge of taking Chito by decision. But I need to see the weigh-ins, pre-presser, etc to make up my mind. Fights like this are usually the difference between a decent Tap card. Or a crappy one.

And cosmic justice has been serving up crow to some of these cocky fighters these days. Cherry picking can 100% bite a fighter/champion in the ass.

You’ll see my final prediction in the pbp.

Thanks for the thread @PurpleStorm

Enjoy the fights everybody.

Back in 2020 there was a tv show called.. The Baker and the Beauty. The lead actress is a really attractive Aussie, imo. Her character is a supermodel that has started her own line of clothing, cosmetics, etc. The male lead is a guy that works in his parent’s bakey shop/store. The show is based in Miami. And had a lot of Cuban, and dance music. I heard some cool songs in that show.

So with that in mind. Here’s a song from the pilot episode. I really like it.

Excellent observations ToD. See you in the PbP discussion. :)

O’Malley by decision
Poirier by TKO
Page by decision
JDM by decision
Yan by decision

Almeida by submission
Cerminara by decision
Gamrot by decision
Munhoz by decision

Cutelaba by TKO
Pereira by decision
Despaigne by KO
Almabayev by submission
Moroz by submission

Ready

IMG_20240306_025047_copy_270x320.jpg

107061-3972527.png

Last edited:
My Tap is official. I’m really looking forward to this card. I hope these fighters deliver the kinds of fights they can. Maybe I’m being a candyass. But, I have 10 decisions on it. With the last 5 on the main going the distance.

I guess we’ll see.

Be there or be square.

Edit.

I said I had the last 4 going the distance. It’s actually the last 5.

I really hope I’m wrong.

Last edited:
Just watched the presser. Hyped for the card.

O'Malley came off insanely unlikable, even more than usual.
Sean is a mail it in version of Colby . While Colby sticks to the cringy gimmick 24-7 . Sean does it for big interviews only but is really chill and actually respectful in 1 on 1 interviews and real life.

Just watched the presser. Hyped for the card.

O'Malley came off insanely unlikable, even more than usual.

Dressing himself like a 4 year old at the dollar store really isn't helping.

He should know the mma fanbase gets boners for gods, flags, sugar drinks, undersized shirts, track pants, and nikes.
He needs the Dana White / Joe Rogan look.
<31> <{danayeah}>
Bald head. Child's shirt, child's pants, child's shoes.

Back