PBP UFC 299: O'Malley vs. Vera 2 Main Card PBP Discussion: Sat. 3/9 at 10pm ET / 7pm PT

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Clutch knee. Wow.
another 2007 purp belt?
milhouse-van-houten-the-simpsons.gif

so apparently O'Malley injured his leg again in the Chito fight:

I noticed he was grabbing it after the fight ended.

How can anyone call the first fight a fluke when this is the 3rd time he injured his leg in a UFC fight?

some dudes have brittle body parts, this is clearly 1 of his kryptonites

I swear I will never understand fighters like Vera who are given this opportunity that many fighters will never experience, almost a once in a lifetime shot, cause honestly I don't think he will get another title fight again - and to end up fighting in the dumbest way possible.

I don't think I even heard it from his team telling him, bro just get in there and bang with him even if you get knocked out. I just kept shaking my head at him doing the same thing over and over again like Joe and Daniel were saying. Sean kept his distance and just put a beating on the guy. He did this for 4 and a half rounds until Vera decided to get in and fight dirty.

It just blows my mind that he didn't atart doing that after the 1st round when it was clear, he didn't have the speed or the reach and he just kept the perfect distance for Sean to beat his ass.

It's just mind blowingly dumb. Take the fuckin chance, even if you get knocked out. This may have been a very different fight if he did.

Also I don't think Sean looks invincible. I think when he fights an excellent wrestler, he will lose.

Sean O'Malley is the real deal.

This is a champion vs #5.

It looks like it.
I really don't think he's as amazing as people make him out to be. He put on a striking clinic vs. a guy that frankly has zero fight IQ.

If he does this to a guy like Illia than I will be impressed, except Illia has a brain and will likely make the fight a dirty one by closing the distance.

Even though I hate the look and the personality, I have to respect O'Malley's skills. Not only was he sharp but he kept his power and cardio for 5 rounds and never stopped attacking even though he was up 4-0.

Is it safe to say, O'Malley > Conor at least in terms of skills? Conor could never go 5 rounds like that and completely dominate his opponent.

I mean what is the criteria for comparison here? Because they're two white guys with the Mcdaddy persona or something?

They don't share the same physicality and fight differently.

I clocked out after the Mvp fight.

Heard Vera got his ass handed to him again. I remember right after Vera knocked out Cruz I thought this guy was a way bigger problem then Sean was ever gonna be. Now here we are I guess lol

Also I don't think Sean looks invincible. I think when he fights an excellent wrestler, he will lose.
He beat one of the best wrestlers in the division to get the belt.. Merab will have an even hard time closing the distance than Sterling did.

Sorry baws. I mostly watch cycling now
Haha that’s alright, I mostly post about politics now <45>
At least you’re watching something constructive. I am…not.

But yeah, I’ve lost a lot of interest in MMA these past couple of years. I try and only do PPV PBPs if I truly like the card, which is fewer and farther between now.

Does anyone have a link to the full fight for Dustin vs Benoit? I want my friend to see it and neither of us can find a link.

Back