Are kids not that great?

Why is it so upsetting to people with kids that some people don't want them? Is it possibly that you are envious? I think so. I don't go around running down absolutely everyone who has kids just for making that decision, or more likely accidentally making that decision. So why do people with kids feel the need to constantly remind me just how great it is to have kids? Overcompensating?

I have a kid. And I'd never bash u for never having a child. Its your life. If you want 5 or 0 kids and your happy? Im happy for u. IDC for ppl on both sides of the spectrum. The far end I should say. "People with kids aren't great". Or, " if you don't have a kid, you are a nobody with a mouth."

Can we all have decency?

They're great. They make you laugh, make you proud, love you like crazy and you love them the same.

They make you angry, they're selfish fucks, they suck your time and money and energy.

i used to refer to kids as 18 year mooches, until i had one

that dude is awesome. It's a huge responsibility, but if done right, having a kid improves your life and will force you to be less selfish among other things

I have a kid. And I'd never bash u for never having a child. Its your life. If you want 5 or 0 kids and your happy? Im happy for u. IDC for ppl on both sides of the spectrum. The far end I should say. "People with kids aren't great". Or, " if you don't have a kid, you are a nobody with a mouth."

Can we all have decency?
See? I can tell by this post you actually planned to have kids. Why? Because you aren't trying to tell me how stupid it is to not have them.

If you want them, fine. I don't care. I simply never wanted kids. My wife was fine with that. One of the greatest relieves in my life was when you accidentally got her pregnant, then she miscarried a couple months in. We both breathed a sigh of relief.

"If your kids kill you, you win."

-Justin Turdeau

Are you really gonna admit the inverse to yourself when you're sitting around some shitty apartment at 74 with your miserable wife and your list of people left that give 2 shits about you sitting at zero ?.

Unfortunately that happens to people that have kids too. They grow up, have their own families and move away. Sure, you might get a visit once a year and phone call once in a while.. but it's not like everyone's kids are expected to hang around all the time.

Last edited:
Why is it so upsetting to people with kids that some people don't want them? Is it possibly that you are envious? I think so. I don't go around running down absolutely everyone who has kids just for making that decision, or more likely accidentally making that decision. So why do people with kids feel the need to constantly remind me just how great it is to have kids? Overcompensating?

But you are though. You could have said about 12 different ways that kids aren't for you.....cool , no sweat man , I get that. Instead you've got to be a little prick about though ," kids are terrible " , " youre envious " ect ect . Everyone of your post in this thread has painted kids and people that have them in an aggressively negative light. Are you going to pretend otherwise now so you can act like youre sitting quietly in The corner and being persecuted ? That's some disingenuous shit , and you know it .

Envious of what btw , exactly Mr Reacharound? I'm sure your killing and all , but I've got 4 kids and my net worth is on track to hit a million around 40. That's not exceptional or anything and surely would be better without kids....no argument there , but its solid and ill wager its a far cry better than most of you fucks whose idea of financial independence without kids is being able to take off to fucking 6 flags for the week. Come to think of it , the more successful on the spectrum of people I know all have kids and many have quite a few. Its The poor I think , that are so fucking strapped that they've convinced themselves that having children is some horrible curse. Certainly if things are tight kids might not be ideal, but why can't that be acknowledged without all the other negative things you use to reassure yourself of the soundness of your own conclusion ?

" Envious "! Yeah , totally rather be stuck in that 1200 sq ft ranch of yours with your wife and 3 cats instead of hiking the AT with my daughters or teaching my boy how to shoot......totally jealous bro!

Children tend to force parents to accept a life beyond their own. People who don't have children may never believe in anything greater than themselves. The sense of community may be strong, but they'll still view themselves at the center of the turning world -- everything hinges on me -- in which case they'll make declarations they think are important (but, really, are only self-important).

I wouldn't give it too much credence, as it is based largely on ignorance and self-interest, any more than I would listen to someone who insisted on telling me their hair color.

But you are though. You could have said about 12 different ways that kids aren't for you.....cool , no sweat man , I get that. Instead you've got to be a little prick about though ," kids are terrible " , " youre envious " ect ect . Everyone of your post in this thread has painted kids and people that have them in an aggressively negative light. Are you going to pretend otherwise now so you can act like youre sitting quietly in The corner and being persecuted ? That's some disingenuous shit , and you know it .

Envious of what btw , exactly Mr Reacharound? I'm sure your killing and all , but I've got 4 kids and my net worth is on track to hit a million around 40. That's not exceptional or anything and surely would be better without kids....no argument there , but its solid and ill wager its a far cry better than most of you fucks whose idea of financial independence without kids is being able to take off to fucking 6 flags for the week. Come to think of it , the more successful on the spectrum of people I know all have kids and many have quite a few. Its The poor I think , that are so fucking strapped that they've convinced themselves that having children is some horrible curse. Certainly if things are tight kids might not be ideal, but why can't that be acknowledged without all the other negative things you use to reassure yourself of the soundness of your own conclusion ?

" Envious "! Yeah , totally rather be stuck in that 1200 sq ft ranch of yours with your wife and 3 cats instead of hiking the AT with my daughters or teaching my boy how to shoot......totally jealous bro!
This just reeks of overcompensation. And people with kids do talk about them all the time. It's true. That's about all I said, other than they aren't that great.

Got a 1 year old now. Lived 39 years without and can say that though its a lot of work, everytime that kid looks at me with that big grin every morning, my heart melts. There may come a time when that changes but for now let me say that I'm enjoying every minute.

Unfortunately that happens to people that have kids too. They grow up, have their own families and move away. Sure, you might get a visit once and year and phone call once in a while.. but it's not like everyone's kids are expected to hang around all the time.

Of course there are no guarantee s in life , never claimed there were. In the last week , I've had dinner with my parents once ,they baby sat kids one night and me and the old man ( 68 years old ) went for a 10 mile hike. I value the he'll outta that relationship and I'm pretty sure they do to. Hope my kids are even half as close as we are, and ill do what I can to foster that.

Id wonder what percentage of the " never " camp had bad childhoods and no meaningfull parental relationships as adults. Got to be a correlation there.

I don't think it's really worth arguing over. I don't have kids and I'm happy without them and will continue to be happy with my choice. I honestly don't care what anyone else does and I certainly wouldn't tell them they were stupid for having kids. My life is fine without them, other's lives are great with them. More power to everyone that is happy.

This just reeks of overcompensation. And people with kids do talk about them all the time. It's true. That's about all I said, other than they aren't that great.

You can think what you want dude. If thinking I'm or a majority of parents are secretly miserable helps you to make sense of the world than have at it. Weve all gotta live with our choices , and I'm good with mine. Cheers !

I don't think it's really worth arguing over. I don't have kids and I'm happy without them and will continue to be happy with my choice. I honestly don't care what anyone else does and I certainly wouldn't tell them they were stupid for having kids. My life is fine without them, other's lives are great with them. More power to everyone that is happy.

Post is not Not nearly divisive enough imo

Post is not Not nearly divisive enough imo
I could have selected the War Room option of responses of course... full of black and white, no grey area... take a side defend it to the death!

It's the same thing with people with kids. Some go about ranting about kids and inappropriately suggesting you should have kids too. It's a major life decision to either have kids or not. The ones who are vocal about it usually have a seed of regret within them and are seeking reinforcement/justifying their choices.

Lol so in your mind the only point to life at 74 is sitting around waiting for your kids to call or visit? Thats some sad depressing shit.

Yeah bud , that's all. Non of the other stuff between now and fucking then means anything!

Dont look now but your double digited iq attempt at building a straw argument is on fire !

You can think what you want dude. If thinking I'm or a majority of parents are secretly miserable helps you to make sense of the world than have at it. Weve all gotta live with our choices , and I'm good with mine. Cheers !
When did I say the majority of parents are miserable. I'm just saying that the ones like you, who feel the need to run down anyone without kids, and tell everyone how great it is to have kids, most likely are just trying to convince themselves that they made the right decision. And I also think there are plenty of parents who have kids, and are happy, but would have been happier not having kids.

There's no point in me asking you if you had kids on purpose because even if you didn't you would just lie about it. But I'm guessing you did not.

It's the same thing with people with kids. Some go about ranting about kids and inappropriately suggesting you should have kids too. It's a major life decision to either have kids or not. The ones who are vocal about it usually have a seed of regret within them and are seeking reinforcement/justifying their choices.

Whose done that here? As far as I can see nobody has claimed choosing not to have kids makes you an ass hole , can you quote the post. I've only seen people take umbrage at someone claiming that kids suck and are a waste of time . why wouldn't someone that loves their kids and values them take exception with such a blanket statement?

Back