Are kids not that great?

Kids are overrated money-pits. Why spend so much time and money on something that'll devote its life to making you angry?

I have nothing against having kids (as long as you can support them financially and are a responsible adult), but its not for me.

Also parents that take their kids out to nice restaurants or movies and let them cry without disciplining them need to be slapped. That shit drives me nuts lol, especially in the movies.

Last edited:
Nobody with kids has responded yet? Come on Sherdads.

I'll go. I have 2 kids and they are awesome.

People who just assume everyone who has a kid either did it by accident or immediately regretted it are ignorant, selfish idiots. Some people value family and enjoy starting one of their own. It's sorta like when parents assume others who don't want kids are all miserable assholes who can't find a mate and will die alone.

It's not for everyone, that's for sure. Some people shouldn't be allowed to have them, that's also for sure. But kids are great and so is being a parent.

Nobody with kids has responded yet? Come on Sherdads.

I'll go. I have 2 kids and they are awesome.

People who just assume everyone who has a kid either did it by accident or immediately regretted it are ignorant, selfish idiots. Some people value family and enjoy starting one of their own. It's sorta like when parents assume others who don't want kids are all miserable assholes who can't find a mate and will die alone.

It's not for everyone, that's for sure. Some people shouldn't be allowed to have them, that's also for sure. But kids are great and so is being a parent.
Jesus christ, this thread again....Kids are difficult but god damn it its great to create a family that loves you unconditionally. Its the same way dog lovers feel that their animals see them; except the dog will die in 15 years and wont be there to change your diapers or visit you when you are old as fuck. And as far as not being able to travel when you have kids, bullshit, my wife and I travel all the time with our kids, you just have to set priorities on how you want to spend money and what's important to you and your family.

I feel like I'm going to be an old ass dad by the time I have a kid. I hope my sperm stays loyal to me till then and doesn't try to deceive me.

i dont have kids, i dont want kids
but i am sure ii had 1 he'd be wonderful, despite being an expensive pain in the ass

I am head over heals in love with my 1 year old daughter. Could not imagine life without her and only wish we had her sooner.

STILL, she apparently didn't come with the gene for sleeping, so I haven't had a good night's sleep in a year.
And because I love her so much I'm deathly afraid of everything. Like losing my job. Or being sent to prison for killing some dude that fucks her over when she starts dating. Or any kind of accidental harm that might come to her, since she walks around like Mr. Magoo 24/7, and has now discovered climbing. Everything in my house has to be tethered to a wall or bolted shut with little plastic childproof doohickey's that are as hard for me to open as they are for her.

So, yeah, great and not great. I wouldn't change anything if I could, though.

I never thought I would want to be a dad, and now I cant imagine my life without the little guy.

Probably not that great if you're still working on basic self-esteem. Great if you're acknowledging a basic biological demand of the species.

Great replies in here.

My opinion? If you want kids? Awesome. If not? Awesome. I won't bash you either way. However, it seems some people on both sides will bash the other side and I don't get why?

Kids are great. Parents who make threads about kids not being great are stupid.

LOL at someone with no kids commenting about having kids.

It's simply impossible for a person to understand what it's like to have kids without having gone through it. It's not something that can be described or put into words. Bottom line, don't listen to childless people in regards to having kids.

So, how would you know just how awesome it is to never have kids? Because it's pretty awesome. And you have no basis for comparison except for maybe your early twenties, which is vastly different than being in your 30s with no kids, or your 40s.

Parents want everyone to have children so those people can be as miserable as they are

Of course they say that. Would they really admit to themselves, or you, that it was a mistake and they hate it? That's a mistake that comes with an 18 year commitment at least. People have a hard enough time admitting they were in the wrong if they rear end someone.

Are you really gonna admit the inverse to yourself when you're sitting around some shitty apartment at 74 with your miserable wife and your list of people left that give 2 shits about you sitting at zero ?

What are you, in your 30s? The upside to your childless existence is at its absolute peak right now. The ( what you perceive ) downsides to children are also at their highest in peoples 30s ( needy , time consuming , ill behaved ect) . That pendulum is consistently swinging the other way though , bruh. And that's IF you're some kind of sociopath don't find any enjoyment at all in having young kids , which most people certainly do. I never hear a bunch of 56 year old dudes sitting around gloating about the kids they didn't have . They might Bitch about their marriage , but what elder dude have you ever heard say " fuck , my son was a waste of time " ?

Everyone with kids has been on both sides of the fence , you've been on one , so this authority with which you pretend to speak is mostly from your imagination.

Obviously not everyone should have kids. If you're unfit or unwilling , by all means sit that portion of life out, be my guest. Its just laughable as fuck to listen to some dude that knows half of what he's talking about tell me how miserable he's certain my life is. Half the time you miserable bastards are broke as shit too , despite the supposed financial leg up of being childless probably being the number one reason given.

I can almost guarantee that as that window passes you by and eventually closes that you'll have moments of regret , and that's IF you don't do an about face like most of your types do around 38 and start scrambling to get in vitro.....seen that happen quite a bit.

Depends on what your goal in life is. If having a family and dedicating the next 18 years of your life to your kids is appealing to you, go for it.

Me? I realize life is short, and I'm inherently too selfish of a person to waste it taking care of immature brats who won't appreciate it until they reach adulthood. My siblings have kids. I get to experience their lives and see them grow without having to take care of them or deal with them at their worst. And it's on my time. Win win.

While parents are taking pictures of their kids 247, the pictures I take are of me going out and living life, traveling, spending time with friends, etc. It's just a way more satisfying life to me.

Are you really gonna admit the inverse to yourself when you're sitting around some shitty apartment at 74 with your miserable wife and your list of people left that give 2 shits about you sitting at zero ?

What are you, in your 30s? The upside to your childless existence is at its absolute peak right now. The ( what you perceive ) downsides to children are also at their highest in peoples 30s ( needy , time consuming , ill behaved ect) . That pendulum is consistently swinging the other way though , bruh. And that's IF you're some kind of sociopath don't find any enjoyment at all in having young kids , which most people certainly do. I never hear a bunch of 56 year old dudes sitting around gloating about the kids they didn't have . They might Bitch about their marriage , but what elder dude have you ever heard say " fuck , my son was a waste of time " ?

Everyone with kids has been on both sides of the fence , you've been on one , so this authority with which you pretend to speak is mostly from your imagination.

Obviously not everyone should have kids. If you're unfit or unwilling , by all means sit that portion of life out, be my guest. Its just laughable as fuck to listen to some dude that knows half of what he's talking about tell me how miserable he's certain my life is. Half the time you miserable bastards are broke as shit too , despite the supposed financial leg up of being childless probably being the number one reason given.

I can almost guarantee that as that window passes you by and eventually closes that you'll have moments of regret , and that's IF you don't do an about face like most of your types do around 38 and start scrambling to get in vitro.....seen that happen quite a bit.

Why is it so upsetting to people with kids that some people don't want them? Is it possibly that you are envious? I think so. I don't go around running down absolutely everyone who has kids just for making that decision, or more likely accidentally making that decision. So why do people with kids feel the need to constantly remind me just how great it is to have kids? Overcompensating?

Lol so in your mind the only point to life at 74 is sitting around waiting for your kids to call or visit? Thats some sad depressing shit.

Parents want everyone to have children so those people can be as miserable as they are
Wrong. If you don't want kids then more power to you if that's what going to make you happy. I love mine but that doesn't mean I think you should have kids. I do spend a fk ton of money on mine ( wrestling, bjj, football) but I wouldn't change a thing. We travel all over for tournaments, camps, and practice and the memories we have doing those things will last forever. As they get older (12 & 14 now)I like just hanging out with them. For me I couldn't imagine not having my boys.

Back