Are kids not that great?

I'm hanging around childless ppl and they rant about kids aren't that great. That anyone can have them and they ruin more lives then help people. That a car to a car person is as important as a parent with a kid to the car guy. Or basically any other example you want to think of.

Is this true? I have a kid and I love him. I don't say he saved me or take millions of pics. However if people do? Who gives a F? Or if your a dog person and take millions of pics? IDC if u do.

Why do childless humans say kids aren't that great? Is it because parents over talk their kids?
Sounds like you hang out with assholes

When did I say the majority of parents are miserable. I'm just saying that the ones like you, who feel the need to run down anyone without kids, and tell everyone how great it is to have kids, most likely are just trying to convince themselves that they made the right decision. And I also think there are plenty of parents who have kids, and are happy, but would have been happier not having kids.

There's no point in me asking you if you had kids on purpose because even if you didn't you would just lie about it. But I'm guessing you did not.

Yeah dolt, I had 4 kids " on accident " . That may happen In the part of town you live in , not mine

Everyone's stupid
this.
love your candy btw, bro
1.jpg

Having a strong opinion one way or another is stupid.

Not having kids and preaching about it is more stupid however. Never experienced it, yet so sure. Sounds like a pussy to me.

I am head over heals in love with my 1 year old daughter. Could not imagine life without her and only wish we had her sooner.

STILL, she apparently didn't come with the gene for sleeping, so I haven't had a good night's sleep in a year.
And because I love her so much I'm deathly afraid of everything. Like losing my job. Or being sent to prison for killing some dude that fucks her over when she starts dating. Or any kind of accidental harm that might come to her, since she walks around like Mr. Magoo 24/7, and has now discovered climbing. Everything in my house has to be tethered to a wall or bolted shut with little plastic childproof doohickey's that are as hard for me to open as they are for her.

So, yeah, great and not great. I wouldn't change anything if I could, though.

Have you done any sleep training? I've done more research than I should on the subject, but once I applied it, I had mine sleeping through the night at around 4 months and our sleep cycles synced around 1.5 months. The only problem is your wife can't be involved, because women have a stronger reaction to babies crying. It's pretty much a dad only task. Also, if your wife is breastfeeding, forget it, they won't sleep through the night until after 2 years.

Yeah dolt, I had 4 kids " on accident " . That may happen In the part of town you live in , not mine
It's "by accident." You do things "on purpose" or "by accident."

You more you protest, the more right I am convinced I am.

But it is
I don't think it's really worth arguing over. I don't have kids and I'm happy without them and will continue to be happy with my choice. I honestly don't care what anyone else does and I certainly wouldn't tell them they were stupid for having kids. My life is fine without them, other's lives are great with them. More power to everyone that is happy.

I agree with this. I could have ridden out the rest of my life and would have been happy as well. Especially at the age I was, I didnt think it was going to happen and it was fine anyway. When I met my wife I thought even if we just spend our lives traveling and doing our thing I'd be fine with it. Life is a trade off and kids are like that. You gain a lot and you lose some of the freedoms and relationship dynamic that you had. But in the end, I def get your point.

I laugh anytime I see a sticker on a car that says dog is smarter than your child. I always think to myself if someone splatters your dog all over the highway no one is doing shit. If a kid gets hit by a car, they're shutting the fucking highway down.

I can almost guarantee that as that window passes you by and eventually closes that you'll have moments of regret , and that's IF you don't do an about face like most of your types do around 38 and start scrambling to get in vitro.....seen that happen quite a bit.

I have a a few in my family who never had kids and didn't regret it. You're reaching with some of this shit and attempting to come off as a to each their own type but then turn around and resort to this nonsense.

Many kids are ungrateful. It takes years and years of hard work and along with pacience and proper disciplining to raise a child right.

I've worked enough years in customer service to witness what a nightmare kids can be. And it seems like mainly the most irresponsible are the only ones reproducing.

And don't skip the grammar lessons with the little ones. #pacience

Have you done any sleep training? I've done more research than I should on the subject, but once I applied it, I had mine sleeping through the night at around 4 months and our sleep cycles synced around 1.5 months. The only problem is your wife can't be involved, because women have a stronger reaction to babies crying. It's pretty much a dad only task. Also, if your wife is breastfeeding, forget it, they won't sleep through the night until after 2 years.
Yep, breastfeeding. And co-sleeping. We dun messed up :mad:

However, you're correct about leaving the wife out of it, not just because she can't handle it (though, she can't), but because when my daughter senses wifey nearby she can't be put down in her crib, unless she's just exhausted.

When my wife travels for work, as she is this week, I can put her down no problem. She still wakes up twice a night, but she is much easier to soothe back to sleep and doesn't need to be fed. If the wife is home she won't go back to sleep unless she nurses.

I long for that 12 hour sleep-fest I hear is eventually coming...

Whose done that here? As far as I can see nobody has claimed choosing not to have kids makes you an ass hole , can you quote the post. I've only seen people take umbrage at someone claiming that kids suck and are a waste of time . why wouldn't someone that loves their kids and values them take exception with such a blanket statement?

I didn't imply that it was done in this specific thread, but brought it up in comparison to what the OP is talking about. People who bring up the topic of kids uninvited, whether it be "When are you going to have kids?" or "I'm glad I never had a kid" are usually seeking reinforcement to their decisions.

Yep, breastfeeding. And co-sleeping. We dun messed up :mad:

However, you're correct about leaving the wife out of it, not just because she can't handle it (though, she can't), but because when my daughter senses wifey nearby she can't be put down in her crib, unless she's just exhausted.

When my wife travels for work, as she is this week, I can put her down no problem. She still wakes up twice a night, but she is much easier to soothe back to sleep and doesn't need to be fed. If the wife is home she won't go back to sleep unless she nurses.

I long for that 12 hour sleep-fest I hear is eventually coming...
It gets better, my kids are 5 and just now they are letting me sleep for about 7 hours...

It's "by accident." You do things "on purpose" or "by accident."

You more you protest, the more right I am convinced I am.

Oh no , whatever shall I do to convince you ? Tell me again why what you think matters to me other than the entertainment value of the discourse?

Ill iterate it one more time because you're a little slow , and sometimes it benefits slow people to see things in a condensed format.

Have kids or not , its a personal choice and either one is cool. There really is nothing more to be said on the subject, as the pros and cons are so subjective in nature.

The rub in this case is when some queer ( you ) stumbles in to the discussion and starts running his man pleaser about how much kids suck and that a majority of the people that have them are unhappy and they say otherwise they clearly must be being dishonest ect ect . Naturally someone that's had a different experience would want to correct said queer in his assertion.

Now I realize that I've gotten you all agitated now , " gotten too" I think is what they are calling it these days. So go ahead and tell me again how You've divined this or that about me from our interaction in an attempt to " rustle " me.

Its important to me that you feel that you are doing well here!

probably because kids are a lot of work and are frequently a pain in the ass

but i have talked to enough people who said they never wanted kids, but now that they have one, they are happier than theyve ever been and their kid was the best thing thats every happened to them...

when enough people that i trust tell me that, i believe them. having kids is probably great

But all parents say that because they want you to be miserable as well.

I'm hanging around childless ppl and they rant about kids aren't that great. That anyone can have them and they ruin more lives then help people. That a car to a car person is as important as a parent with a kid to the car guy. Or basically any other example you want to think of.

Is this true? I have a kid and I love him. I don't say he saved me or take millions of pics. However if people do? Who gives a F? Or if your a dog person and take millions of pics? IDC if u do.

Why do childless humans say kids aren't that great? Is it because parents over talk their kids?

No, it's because having a kid is the most amazing and therefore potentially terrifying thing in our existence. Itis lifes very purpose.

So to be without child is either choice, ie recognition that you are defective ergo it's kids that are the problem (displacement).

Or, design, therefore kids are terrible rather than face mine own horror (displacement).

And so yes, a bit, because people talking up their kids force the spotlight on the person without and that discomfort forces a defensive response.

I didn't imply that it was done in this specific thread, but brought it up in comparison to what the OP is talking about. People who bring up the topic of kids uninvited, whether it be "When are you going to have kids?" or "I'm glad I never had a kid" are usually seeking reinforcement to their decisions.

Ill agree with that. That's a far cry from disagreeing with someone that claims having kids is analogous to getting diagnosed with pancreatic cancer.

Are you really gonna admit the inverse to yourself when you're sitting around some shitty apartment at 74 with your miserable wife and your list of people left that give 2 shits about you sitting at zero ?

What are you, in your 30s? The upside to your childless existence is at its absolute peak right now. The ( what you perceive ) downsides to children are also at their highest in peoples 30s ( needy , time consuming , ill behaved ect) . That pendulum is consistently swinging the other way though , bruh. And that's IF you're some kind of sociopath don't find any enjoyment at all in having young kids , which most people certainly do. I never hear a bunch of 56 year old dudes sitting around gloating about the kids they didn't have . They might Bitch about their marriage , but what elder dude have you ever heard say " fuck , my son was a waste of time " ?

Everyone with kids has been on both sides of the fence , you've been on one , so this authority with which you pretend to speak is mostly from your imagination.

Obviously not everyone should have kids. If you're unfit or unwilling , by all means sit that portion of life out, be my guest. Its just laughable as fuck to listen to some dude that knows half of what he's talking about tell me how miserable he's certain my life is. Half the time you miserable bastards are broke as shit too , despite the supposed financial leg up of being childless probably being the number one reason given.

I can almost guarantee that as that window passes you by and eventually closes that you'll have moments of regret , and that's IF you don't do an about face like most of your types do around 38 and start scrambling to get in vitro.....seen that happen quite a bit.

I do think that kids arent for everyone. And I think people that try to convince them are basing it off of their own experiences. I do believe to each there own here.

Back