Your Paranormal/Ghost Experiences

this is one I shared in my thread from a few years back.

This stuff can all be explained without the need for demons or spirits, (mass delusions are a verified and recorded phenomenon, etc) and the stuff in my book says you need to know a demons name in order to perform an exorcism, as per Jesus's biblical examples.

That is a fascinating story though and I thank you for sharing it. Perhaps everything you're saying is exactly true as you interpreted it, who am I to say otherwise?

In a way I long for a spiritual experience of my own, and not while I'm dreaming.

Any way we could lift the dubbs just for me to get my demon-book thread off the ground, then restore them? ;)

Exercise these demon dubbs oh priestly mod, holy and and kind and forgiving are thee

Lol

The hardest part about all this stuff is knowing where to draw the line between childhood fantasy and reality. For instance, I saw Santa in the sky when I was a kid. I remember it well, over my apartment in Sudbury, I didn't believe it when people told me there was no Santa because I had seen him when I was 4 years old with my own damn eyes. I can still remember looking up in the back seat of the car and seeing the red nose and reindeer and everything else - and of course, I didn't see Santa, but my god, I remember it clearly and could have sword I did. True story, i'm not making fun or anything.

I've had 2 personal experiences.

Looking back I think they were demons.

One scared me to death. I think I was 8 or 9 at the time. I was sleeping and I woke up and my bed was surrounded by like small brown alien looking things. It scared me to death, I screamed and literally jumped out of bed and ran into my mothers room.

My mom told me it was just a dream but I still remember it to this day and I'm pretty sure I was wide awake when I saw these alien looking things surrounding my bed. I even told my teacher about it at school but everyone insisted I was sleeping probably and just a bad dream.

Another time was when I was 19. My grandfather had just died in my grandmother's house that day. Passed away from a massive heart attack right in the kitchen. My grandmother was so distraught so I spent the night with her and I was sleeping on the couch.

I woke up and saw what appeared to be him just standing in the kitchen. With a really somber look on his face...it was weird it didn't freak me out or anything and I probably looked at him for a good 10 seconds and just went back to bed. For the longest time I thought it was a ghost and wondered why he looked so sad.

I read the bible now and don't really know what to think of that apparition. From my knowledge of what I have read from the bible that was most likely some spirit taking the form of him.

I never told anyone in my family about this especially not my grandmother or mother cause they were so heartbroken. Think I only told one friend outside of the sherdog about this incident.

I already did reply a little while ago and said you should make a thread about it, at least I think I did, I forget now.

Oh you did, but since then I posted (in this thread) the name of the Demon I think it was that got to you, and the names of a couple other demons.

I will start a new thread a little later tonight! If it's cool with you i'd like to include your OP as a part of it (i'll make the thread about paranormal experiences and demonology as a way to understand them, using this stuff as an example) and then below i'll put the name of the demon I suspect you saw.

Hey Egon. So it's your position that these people's stories are something they just imagined? Objects flying in the room, exorcisms, levitation etc..?

Hey Egon. So it's your position that these people's stories are something they just imagined? Objects flying in the room, exorcisms, levitation etc..?

Well, hopefully you're ok with a little nuance here. First off, in the thread I start, I will accept these people's stories from their point of view, as they believed them to happen, A) out of respect and B) because who am I to say otherwise, I don't actually have any answers.

So right now I'm looking through the other paranormal threads and cross referencing with my book of demonology to hopefully write a pretty compelling OP.

As to your question, to expand on what 1) - I personally suspect and strongly believe that "the supernatural" is something other than "supernatural" - it's some other scientifically explainable phenomenon - but I also would like to think of myself as an honest person, and I have to admit I don't know what caused or causes these paranormal experiences and phenomenon. Since so many people who are generally honest and trustworthy have experienced these things, I can't just dismiss their stories offhand; I can't say "no, sorry, every single one of you is crazy". That's not fair. So, I guess my position is: I don't know what to think, and I love talking about this stuff, but I think we should trust scientists because they spend years researching and arguing and seeking to prove each other wrong.

Well, hopefully you're ok with a little nuance here. First off, in the thread I start, I will accept these people's stories from their point of view, as they believed them to happen, A) out of respect and B) because who am I to say otherwise, I don't actually have any answers.

So right now I'm looking through the other paranormal threads and cross referencing with my book of demonology to hopefully write a pretty compelling OP.

As to your question, to expand on what 1) - I personally suspect and strongly believe that "the supernatural" is something other than "supernatural" - it's some other scientifically explainable phenomenon - but I also would like to think of myself as an honest person, and I have to admit I don't know what caused or causes these paranormal experiences and phenomenon. Since so many people who are generally honest and trustworthy have experienced these things, I can't just dismiss their stories offhand; I can't say "no, sorry, every single one of you is crazy". That's not fair. So, I guess my position is: I don't know what to think, and I love talking about this stuff, but I think we should trust scientists because they spend years researching and arguing and seeking to prove each other wrong.
ok.

It's 2015 people, stop with the magic and vampires and whatever nonsense.

I've had 2 personal experiences.

Looking back I think they were demons.

One scared me to death. I think I was 8 or 9 at the time. I was sleeping and I woke up and my bed was surrounded by like small brown alien looking things. It scared me to death, I screamed and literally jumped out of bed and ran into my mothers room.

My mom told me it was just a dream but I still remember it to this day and I'm pretty sure I was wide awake when I saw these alien looking things surrounding my bed. I even told my teacher about it at school but everyone insisted I was sleeping probably and just a bad dream.

Another time was when I was 19. My grandfather had just died in my grandmother's house that day. Passed away from a massive heart attack right in the kitchen. My grandmother was so distraught so I spent the night with her and I was sleeping on the couch.

I woke up and saw what appeared to be him just standing in the kitchen. With a really somber look on his face...it was weird it didn't freak me out or anything and I probably looked at him for a good 10 seconds and just went back to bed. For the longest time I thought it was a ghost and wondered why he looked so sad.

I read the bible now and don't really know what to think of that apparition. From my knowledge of what I have read from the bible that was most likely some spirit taking the form of him.

I never told anyone in my family about this especially not my grandmother or mother cause they were so heartbroken. Think I only told one friend outside of the sherdog about this incident.

The first time you were a stupid kid.

The second time you were under a lot of stress and just woke up.

Neither of those are reliable sources for a supernatural experience. The shit isn't real people. If you believe any ghost/demon stories I have a great bridge to sell you.

There is not one person alive who could show a supernatural being our demon under a scientifically controlled setting. It just won't happen.

I will sign over my house to someone if they could convince me.

The first time you were a stupid kid.

The second time you were under a lot of stress and just woke up.

Neither of those are reliable sources for a supernatural experience. The shit isn't real people. If you believe any ghost/demon stories I have a great bridge to sell you.

There is not one person alive who could show a supernatural being our demon under a scientifically controlled setting. It just won't happen.

I will sign over my house to someone if they could convince me.

I dont see anyone trying to convince you of anything. I see people sharing experiences theyve had. Seems youre more upset people believe and they dont care what your opinion is...

I dont see anyone trying to convince you of anything. I see people sharing experiences theyve had. Seems youre more upset people believe and they dont care what your opinion is...

It's a little upsetting that in 2015 we have adults living in first world nations, that believe in ghosts. If you don't like what I have to say, you can ignore my post.

They say they saw a demon at 8 and nobody bats an eye. I say you didnt and I would pay someone to show me, and you get your panties bunched up.

It's a little upsetting that in 2015 we have adults living in first world nations, that believe in ghosts. If you don't like what I have to say, you can ignore my post.

They say they saw a demon at 8 and nobody bats an eye. I say you didnt and I would pay someone to show me, and you get your panties bunched up.

Didnt get upset. I find it pretty damn hilarious you did though. Im the one who saw a lady rise off her chair. Wasnt my imagination because my parents, sisters and a room full of other people saw it. Didnt say i "saw" a demon.

My first year of University I lived on an off campus residence. Like everything else at the school it was old as fuck. Wanting to make new friends a joined the "Walk-Home Program". So every few weeks I'd get a goofy-ass coat, a flash light and a radio. I wait by the radio on the off chance some drunk girl needed company on her way home.

Anyway, one night I got a call to come inside one of another of campus residence, even older than the one I lived in. I was instructed to knock when I arrived so I did. I heard some movement but no one came. I knocked and waited some more until I finally heard a man's voice say "come in". This was rare as only girls typically used Walk-Home. Against my better judgement I walked in to find a glowing ghostly figure just going to town on himself staring me dead in the eye. I stood frozen, stunned by his supernatural stroke. I've never told anyone this until now.

My first year of University I lived on an off campus residence. Like everything else at the school it was old as fuck. Wanting to make new friends a joined the "Walk-Home Program". So every few weeks I'd get a goofy-ass coat, a flash light and a radio. I wait by the radio on the off chance some drunk girl needed company on her way home.

Anyway, one night I got a call to come inside one of another of campus residence, even older than the one I lived in. I was instructed to knock when I arrived so I did. I heard some movement but no one came. I knocked and waited some more until I finally heard a man's voice say "come in". This was rare as only girls typically used Walk-Home. Against my better judgement I walked in to find a glowing ghostly figure just going to town on himself staring me dead in the eye. I stood frozen, stunned by his supernatural stroke. I've never told anyone this until now.
Going to town on himself? Is it what I think it means?

Similar thread on the JRF and I posted this a little while back..Thoughts?

Well guys..I'm not sure what to think of this...

But anyways..I'll start by saying I grew up in a Filipino household and obviously, it's really common to believe in spirits or ghosts and I can't tell you how many stories I've heard growing up. The older I got though, the more I started to question these same stories, and the more I started to think it was all gibberish in the end.

So anyways. Onto the other night. I'm basically chilling with one of my best friends and he wanted to go chill with some new work buddies. Our plan was to go to this seedy dive bar and drink and then hit a grimey strip club just down the street. That was interesting in itself, but it was afterwards on our way home that I noticed something.

Basically, my friend took the wrong exit, but we still weren't that far from my neighborhood. As we passed this graveyard, I see in the distance a women in a old dress and maybe trench coat? The lights from the car shining on her hinted it was from another time period and I freaked out telling my friend to slow down cuz he might hit this broad. He freaked out and proceeded to slow down and to his amazement, couldn't see what I was referring to. I we got closer, the lady disappeared and that was that.

I have great vision and my mind has never played tricks on me. I saw what I saw, which was an old lady who looked to be confused at crossing the street. She stopped and when my friend looked into the same direction, the lady vanished.

His exact words were, you just saw a ghost. Immediately my heart sunk and hair started to stand up on my neck. I tried to deny it, but my mind was already made up. We both kind of freaked and he jokingly said as he dropped me off: "Maybe it was trying to tell you something."

I slept on it and decided that maybe it was something else. I also started to maybe think that there was something with it though. I told a couple of people and they kind of gave me the whatever you are crazy stare and that was that. Later that next day though I got a call from a friend and he said a friend of mine just died. I immediately remembered that where I saw the ghost was right on the corner of the street he grew up on. His parents moved away and sold that house so I didn't think about it at all, but it was a block away (same street) and adjascent to it is the graveyard. Now my friend is a guy, but I do find it really strange that it happened a day before (well, technically same day since it was already morning) But it's still really weird to me. The lady seeming trapped or something. She was wearing kind of like omish like clothing. Could be totally random. What I saw could of just been a trick with my eyes. What is real though is an old friend of mine overdosed on what we think was bad cocaine.

I'm sitting here really bummed out. Was there some connection with what I saw? Was it totally unrelated and I'm retarded? I don;t know. I do know that life is short though. Love more and try to leave something positive behind.

RIP M.M.

Back