Your internet speed?

Yup, I'm torrenting movies, downloading games, and streaming shit all day long
You need about 25mbps streaming for Ultra HD, and I don't get the downloading games either; that can't be a very common occurrence nor problem unless you've got severe attention deficit disorder

You need about 25mbps streaming for Ultra HD, and I don't get the downloading games either; that can't be a very common occurrence nor problem unless you've got severe attention deficit disorder
Some games have updates all the time, like call of duty it's like 100gb update every few weeks

Some games have updates all the time, like call of duty it's like 100gb update every few weeks
Whatever makes you happy I guess, but if you're paying much extra to shave a few minutes off of an occasional download then I think you're being mugged off personally.

For those 900+ folks. Is that Wi-Fi or hardline?

Good question. The speed I posted is hardwired. Through wifi I only get half of that, which is still great but sucks that I'm not getting the full speed. Also I had to get a separate router because the router provided by att is garbage that was giving me 50mb speeds on wifi.

It took me over an hour to download all of COD: Modern Warfare reboot off of steam, which is insane.

Speed and location. Let's see which countries rule.

Test your speed here --> https://www.speedtest.net/

10379808681.png

plaid mfers!

The highest I’ve ever gotten through Wi-Fi was 830. Never seen anything higher on Wi-Fi. All of those 900+ are def hardwired.

Fair enough, if there's a bunch of people using it heavily at the same time I guess that's a bit* different. But the spirit of the thread is 'check out the size of my number' and that's a nonsense.

Yes really all depends what CDN, servers, or wherever you're downloading from. Ignoring obvious situations where you have a lot of people living in a single house all doing tons of shit .....most torrenting and steaming pretty much doesn't mean shit since 4k streaming doesn't require that much bandwidth for modern isp plans and torrenting you are rarely getting over 10 mbps(ignoring more serious uses like seedboxes).

Those really fast scenarios are when the content is utilizing CDNs tied directly into your isp's network...downloading an update from Windows/Apple or downloading games. Thats when you could see 500 mbps speeds. The problem is it's rare when you can really utilize those speeds.

Best simple solution is just having a good ethernet connection for most.

Whatever makes you happy I guess, but if you're paying much extra to shave a few minutes off of an occasional download then I think you're being mugged off personally.
I pay around 50, I think the lowest speed they offer is 200mbps

Good question. The speed I posted is hardwired. Through wifi I only get half of that, which is still great but sucks that I'm not getting the full speed. Also I had to get a separate router because the router provided by att is garbage that was giving me 50mb speeds on wifi.

It took me over an hour to download all of COD: Modern Warfare reboot off of steam, which is insane.
It's on steam now? I had to use blizzard, and the frequent updates are kinda annoying

It's on steam now? I had to use blizzard, and the frequent updates are kinda annoying

My bad, I added it to my steam service but I bought the game directly off blizzard. Wish steam would actually just monopolize all PC game services though. With that being said, I wonder how long it'll take me to download Flight Simulator. Gonna have to wait until the 3080's are back in stock :(.

Edit: this is wifi. And the best package you can get in Nunavut

Last edited:
That ping is scary, I assume you don't game. :eek:

I get 100/10 mbps but I am moving from California to Maine soon, anyone out there know if the Internet is good? I live in Bakersfield, California and we only have Spectrum or AT&T and they are both shit here.

That ping is scary, I assume you don't game. :eek:

I get 100/10 mbps but I am moving from California to Maine soon, anyone out there know if the Internet is good? I live in Bakersfield, California and we only have Spectrum or AT&T and they are both shit here.

It’s funny, some of my buds and I do game...but only Fortnite. Sometimes the lag is really bad, but some times its good enough where we can actually play properly.
You don’t want to get into shotgun battles in the game, as our lag allows us to win like 2 out of 10 times, hahaha

Are guys using the app or some shit?

I run the test and it only shows the download speed (384.32) and none of the other shit like ping and upload

Edit: shows the ping under the download speed

Last edited:
Just started looking at options and upgraded my internet speed. Now I'm getting 600mbps and still same upload of 6 mbps. Supposed to be 1gb down and 35mbps up. Ordered a new modem/router that hopefully will get this up to speed.

Just started looking at options and upgraded my internet speed. Now I'm getting 600mbps and still same upload of 6 mbps. Supposed to be 1gb down and 35mbps up. Ordered a new modem/router that hopefully will get this up to speed.
Cable company couldn't figure out why my speed was so slow. After a couple hours of a dude being out here, they determined there was a cable damaged under my road. They just dug everything up and replaced it this morning. Hitting some good speeds now. Speedtest.net is reporting around 900 mbps, but some other download sites are putting it higher. Comcast Business speed test is hitting 2300+ mbps now and 42mbps up. Prior to the cable fix, the Comcast Business speed test was only showing 500-800mbps.

It still seems kind of weird that Comcast Business and Speedtest's results are so different. I'm wondering if it's just a limitation of Speedtest.net. I'm curious if it's possible that all the 9xx speeds in this thread are wrong. Maybe you guys can try this one to see if you get a huge difference like I did:
https://business.comcast.com/learn/internet-speed-test

Last edited:
Back