Your internet speed?

They really fuck us in america almost as much as they fuck us in the drive thru

What! How are you people getting these high numbers?? My ping is 10. Download 64.97. Upload 10.84. How much do you pay per month for 300+?
Way too much because ISPs are bullshit. I pay like 100 a month. I could pay less for pretty drastically reduced speeds, but I like being able to download a video game quickly if I want to.

The only other ISP in town offers 3 Mbps for like 45. It's comically ridiculous.

10380349781.png
That's crazy upload speed! I ran a few tests and could get my ping as low as 3, but the overall speed would dip below 900 Mbps if my ping went below 5, weird. This is the only one I took a screenshot of.
8105d839-41e8-45ea-bd58-5a91565b6e04.png

I still remembered what it was like to be on 28.8 for the longest time and when I got 1+Mb on Comcast I thought the world had come to an end.

I still remembered what it was like to be on 28.8 for the longest time and when I got 1+Mb on Comcast I thought the world had come to an end.
I don't remember what the actual speed of my first cable connection was, but I do recall being amazed how quickly I could download songs on Napster, like minutes lol

Now we're downloading 10 gig+ games in minutes!

I don't remember what the actual speed of my first cable connection was, but I do recall being amazed how quickly I could download songs on Napster, like minutes lol

Now we're downloading 10 gig+ games in minutes!
10 gig games?

I'm saying i download a 10 GB+ game at the same rate I used to download songs on Napster.

There are plenty of smaller file games in and under the 10 GB mark released today
Such as what

My average download in steam is like 30 min or something

I just upgraded mine to 460 mbs!!! I pay $13 more per month. Now about $60 something. Man what a difference! Night and day! I feel like I am lifted from poverty!!

These threads used to be much more relevant 15 years ago when your internet speed actually dictated load up times to websites and the ability to download something with a half decent speed. Today you really can't tell the difference between a 50 mbps connection and a 500 mbps one in most scenarios. Unless you're living in remote areas or somewhere with a shit infrastructure like Argentina or Sudan you are most likely fine.

This is been my personal experience. I had 100mbps vs 350, and it couldn’t tell a difference at all.

currently I’m on 50, and I suppose I won’t experience anything different

Back