Your internet speed?

10380557284.png

tenor.gif

Mine isn't nearly as fast as I'd like but it works for me. It's more than fast enough to surf the web & strong enough to support 4K streaming with no buffering at all. And I should say that I get my internet via satellite because I'm up in the mountains about five miles outside of the city of Sedona which is the closest wired area.

We get like 38mbs down here

<2>

172 mbps download seems fast AF to me it was a lot better than when I had verizon.

10382348617.png

I didn't even realize cable offered this level of dl speed until I just randomly checked to see if xfinity was offering anything faster than the plan that I had.

7ping 49download 46upload

I never have any issues but I thought it would be faster

Not exactly fair because Singapore is so damn small.
But a win is a win :)

And tbh, it's not the fastest available service here. My plan is around 30 usd, there are ones that are around 50 usd that is supposedly triple the speed mine has.
Only guy I personally know with better is a friend from Phoenix on Google's gigabit. He pulls over 900 Mb/s both download and upload. That was the craziest thing that blew my mind. I'd never seen upload speeds as fast as download speeds. I learned this right around March, near the beginning of COVID lockdowns, when Zoom suddenly rose to the top of the appstore and was all the rage. My first thought was, "You can actually stream an uncompressed 900p@60fps video of yourself on a Zoom call."

Even he had double digits ping, though, IIRC. That 1ms is utterly insane.

Only guy I personally know with better is a friend from Phoenix on Google's gigabit. He pulls over 900 Mb/s both download and upload. That was the craziest thing that blew my mind. I'd never seen upload speeds as fast as download speeds. I learned this right around March, near the beginning of COVID lockdowns, when Zoom suddenly rose to the top of the appstore and was all the rage. My first thought was, "You can actually stream an uncompressed 900p@60fps video of yourself on a Zoom call."

Even he had double digits ping, though, IIRC. That 1ms is utterly insane.

Yeah, I'm just a few miles outside the area where I could get CenturyLink's Fiber Gigabit which has speeds up to
940 Mbps for $65 a month. But instead, I need to pay $95 a month for satellite internet. Which is OK but not as fast as I'd like it to be. Oh, well that's just a sacrifice that I have put up with for living where I do, I suppose.

Back