Your internet speed?

10417950625.png

Typical Sherdog thread where mostly everyone is better than 90% of their country.

I pay for Cox Gigablast dl speeds and only get 861mb. Cox is cheating me!

10421546289.png

Does Cox suck?

Cox is cool, they don't have many outages (at least here). When they do have maintenance outages, it's usually like 15 minutes at 3am once every few months.

And, hey, you're not in the Tokyo Dome.

My heart is there.

upload_2020-11-14_20-7-58-png.814434
Here is my Mobile speeds

Attachments

• upload_2020-11-14_20-7-58.png
    upload_2020-11-14_20-7-58.png
    679.4 KB · Views: 30
10421906289.png

This shit costs $100. Hopefully, Starlink will be an option in the future.

I have the 85/85 plan from FIOS. I've been hearing rumblings that Google Fiber will be coming to my area early next year and if so I'll be switching
dXUV8z8.png

Unless you guys are running server farms out of your basements then there's absolutely zero need to having super high speeds imo. It's never crossed my mind that I need to pay more than the £20 a month I pay for this.

It's like when mobile phones used to be sold based on how many megapixels the camera had, it's just a way of getting more money out of people who don't understand technology by selling them a bigger number which they don't realise they'll get no benefit out of.

10422959649.png

Unless you guys are running server farms out of your basements then there's absolutely zero need to having super high speeds imo. It's never crossed my mind that I need to pay more than the £20 a month I pay for this.

It's like when mobile phones used to be sold based on how many megapixels the camera had, it's just a way of getting more money out of people who don't understand technology by selling them a bigger number which they don't realise they'll get no benefit out of.

10422959649.png
37? Do you even torrent?

10422959649.png

I enjoy downloading 100gb video games in a few minutes ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I also have 4 family members in my house, who are all doing things like streaming video in HD 24 hours a day and another gamer who downloads a ton of games too. When I had a 50mb connection in this same house, shit would lag hard sometimes.

I also have 4 family members in my house, who are all doing things like streaming video in HD 24 hours a day and another gamer who downloads a ton of games too. When I had a 50mb connection in this same house, shit would lag hard sometimes.
Yup, I'm torrenting movies, downloading games, and streaming shit all day long

Fair enough, if there's a bunch of people using it heavily at the same time I guess that's a bit* different. But the spirit of the thread is 'check out the size of my number' and that's a nonsense.

Back