Your download/upload speed

Valhoven

Parliament of Will
Staff member
Forum Administrator
Reaction score
Where dawgs' current download speeds sitting at?

I remember meth having really fast download and game install. cc: @method115

Free, no-popover speedtest here.

I'm 92 Mbps (D/load) and 94 Mbps (U/load) right now. Play with 30ms ping on average.

25Mbps down
2Mbps up

Most of the time, I don't get this though or it's not the top speed consistently. I recently got suspended from an online game due to two straight involuntary disconnects. The speed I'm supposed to be getting for what I pay is 100Mbps down.

Internet also down maybe twice or more per day and I end up having to unplug coaxial cable from splitter and unplug modem power for a few minutes then internet seems to go back to normal for a few hours or so. Also high probability internet will go down at a certain hour each afternoon. There has to be something weird happening regularly that causes the internet going down.

I thought I read someone suggest using a coaxial filter with RG-11 cables.

Verizon FIOS

305.64 down
323.00 up
7ms ping

Yeah my shit's fast enuff...

Is it true a cable technician has to come to make a physical change in order to upgrade your internet speed? I would have thought changing to a higher speed was just handled at the cable headquarters via billing and some computer setting over there just like how they enable a new modem you just bought.

Verizon FIOS

305.64 down
323.00 up
7ms ping

Yeah my shit's fast enuff...
hqdefault.jpg

Sai, how long for you to download a new game – say 50GB, while others (presumptively) using your network? @SaiWa

Mbps download

Mbps upload

Latency: 5 ms

Too slow, live in an old apartment building and doesn't have fibre lines fully connected.

432 down
115 up
13 ping
Alpha download dawg checks in. Flash Gordon fast. I’m jealous. Game install in general no big for you? How long?

Too slow, live in an old apartment building and doesn't have fibre lines fully connected.
Also feel like my download speeds are too slow @ 92Mbps. I only download in rest mode and usually overnight as a result. Rock-solid stability though – one grace.

415 down, 112 up, 14 ping

Sai, how long for you to download a new game – say 50GB, while others (presumptively) using your network? @SaiWa

Generally it's fast IMO but i've never clocked it. I own a double unit house and live in the basement studio. The internet is shared amongst all my tenants so we have a lot of users. That's why I never really track my upload/download speeds as much as long as I know it's fast.

But out of curiosity I tried downloading Payday 3 (46 GBs) and the average speed through Gamepass started high but then averaged into the 30-40Mbps. It took quite a long time to finish (45+ mins... I think) so I decided to download other games through Steam. Downloaded Left 4 Dead 2 and the speed were more proper (100-250Mpbs). It finished downloading 7-8 GBs or so in 4 mins or so I think. So i decided to time it accurately:

Borderland GOTY Enhanced 12.88GB in 6 mins 20 secs (average speed 280Mpbs-300Mpbs at a glance).

So less than 25 mins to download 50GB if I go by the Borderlands download speed.

I just found out I don't even get a 4th of what I pay for... nice :(

I wish we still supported custom belts so I could reward some of you with a Gucci edition Download Belt. 50GB in < 25 mins is blazing fast to me. Good stuff. Reckon I need 2-3 hours to pull the same.

Back