Social Young People Are Becoming Less Tolerant of the LGBTQ

I agree. There is a difference between a fight for rights and foisting fundamental changes to accepted biology and language upon society. Just because people support one does not mean they will support the other. A line has been crossed and people know it.

Hopefully the people crossing the line will take a few steps back before they end up jeopardizing some of the hard earned things they are entitled to.
Fully agreed. It's time to be reasonable again, or risk losing it all. I'm willing to see rights and all that maintained, but if things keep getting pushed I will start supporting anti LGBTQ legislation.
They won and need to know when is enough.

I'm LGBTQ and I'm becoming less tolerant of the LGBTQ. Fucken state of us

I think that's the main source of rising dislike toward LGBTQ. The fucking "pronouns" bullshit.

NOBODY LIKES BEING TOLD WHAT TO DO AND WHAT TO SAY! That's the bottom line and the future generation is demonstrating this fact.

If you look like a man, we'll call you a man and if you tell us you're not a man but identify as a Trans female, and DEMAND we call you by another pronoun, we'll look at you like you're NUTS 'cause you are.

Same thing with a woman saying she identifies as a Trans Male.

Don't like pronouns? TOUGH SHIT. You look like a man or woman, you'll be referred to as "he" or "she".

DEAL WITH IT.
This. Also the bathroom thing. People said it'd be bad to let men who identify as female in bathrooms. We were all laughingly dismissed. It was being closed minded and it was only hurting trans people. Now in many areas men who are basically crossdressing have access to female changing areas. You're forcing us to allow predators access to women. To me that stopped me from supporting and turned me against them. Add in the pronoun crap and it's just odious.
Not too mention the hyper sexualized kid story time.

I've definitely noticed the massive uptick in more open trans intolerance within the last 5 or so years. It's become kind of 'cool' in some spheres to shit on transgenders.
I think the bathrooms debate was the turning point.

This. Also the bathroom thing. People said it'd be bad to let men who identify as female in bathrooms. We were all laughingly dismissed. It was being closed minded and it was only hurting trans people. Now in many areas men who are basically crossdressing have access to female changing areas. You're forcing us to allow predators access to women. To me that stopped me from supporting and turned me against them. Add in the pronoun crap and it's just odious.
Not too mention the hyper sexualized kid story time.

And here it is. Homophobes equate trans people with sexual predators. They don't bother explaining their rationale, only that it is what it is

I can debate with someone that the earth is round until I'm blue in the face but I probably won't change their mind.

And here it is. Homophobes equate trans people with sexual predators. They don't bother explaining their rationale, only that it is what it is

I can debate with someone that the earth is round until I'm blue in the face but I probably won't change their mind.
I'm not sure if your agreeing with me or arguing with me. Am I being called a homophobe or are you saying that men in female characters hung rooms is a bad thing?

I'm not sure if your agreeing with me or arguing with me. Am I being called a homophobe or are you saying that men in female characters hung rooms is a bad thing?
you're saying trans people, or cross dressers, are predators. You may want to retract your meaning in case you disagree with that statement, but many people do equate the two.

I googled 'dressing up boys to look like girls to entice pedos' but nothing came up.

Do you have a source?

Canada's CBC is aggressively pushing this foolishness. Here are just a few examples:

DragKids_4-up_V2.jpg

K-kANVmlT12xXx7nCYzfivlllFtSFZlPKZu0TRsQvYw.jpg

I've definitely noticed the massive uptick in more open trans intolerance within the last 5 or so years. It's become kind of 'cool' in some spheres to shit on transgenders.

I think it has to do with the uptick in openly trans people. The ambiguity of some trans people, coupled with lack of exposure for most people can make things awkward/ uncomfortable for the uninitiated. This will become less significant over time, but it will take a long time to diminish.

I know one legit concern is Medicare/ Medicaid paying for transitions, chemical or surgical.

Personally, I have no prejudice against trans people. Its nice to see them when they're happy with their transition.
I do share the concern about the government paying for the transitions.

So sad is the state of our country that the right wing has began a new Era of hate and fear mongering. We tried for years to escape this, yet here we are. My son is transgender and I fear for his life every single day.

We honestly DGAF if you kid is transgender. Nobody does. We do care when you are trying to make *MY* kid transgender, or expose yourself to him.

Get the hint.

CBC really is fucked. I mean, even as a left leaning person... they are just awful.

D-qyUrpX4AE2Xox.jpg:large

Lol but there is no hate against white guys huh?? Sad. We should learn from the past and stop doing this kind of crap. You cannot help what race you are at all.

Live and let live. Dont care if you are tran or gay. You do you. Though I don't have to celebrate it,and that's what they want of people now. A big party for them all the time. Your choices are your own. I am not going to throw a party for drinkers or weed smokers either. Keep the shit to yourself, and have at it

It may not necessarily be "less tolerance" but young people are feeling less comfortable around LGBTQ people:

The young people (age 18-34 bracket) are supposed to be the most tolerant of the Pride movement but it seems, to me anyway, the Pride movement went wrong somewhere. Now, they're weirding out their closest allies.

Full Article: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...-millennials-decline-glaad-survey/1503758001/

There's a breakdown in the article, showing the rising discomfort within every age group towards the LGBTQ over the last 3 years. Of course, the president of GLAAD thinks it must be all that "hate speech" swaying the opinion of the young people (as if "hate speech" for the LGBTQ didn't exist decades ago).

That’s an insanely huge change for just one year and I think can only point to one of two things:

* a flaw in the study, misrepresenting the views of young people

* a cataclysmic fault in the approach of LGBT activists that is alienating an entire generation

Last edited:
We honestly DGAF if you kid is transgender. Nobody does. We do care when you are trying to make *MY* kid transgender, or expose yourself to him.

Get the hint.
Jesus christ. Who the hell exposes themselves to their own child? Of course I didn't try to turn my child transgender. He grew up around nfl and mma. It's his own choice and I respect that. He feels born into the wrong body, which isn't a strictly human thing. It happens in the animal kingdom as well.

Jesus christ. Who the hell exposes themselves to their own child? Of course I didn't try to turn my child transgender. He grew up around nfl and mma. It's his own choice and I respect that. He feels born into the wrong body, which isn't a strictly human thing. It happens in the animal kingdom as well.

I used to go to the Zoo a lot as a kid, and there was always this one orangutan who looked out of place. He was this big alpha male, strong arms and fat neck, the whole deal. But you could tell he wanted to be a female. He would pick flowers and perform dances for the other orangutans. I can only imagine the personal hell he must have been going through now that I look back on it.

I used to go to the Zoo a lot as a kid, and there was always this one orangutan who looked out of place. He was this big alpha male, strong arms and fat neck, the whole deal. But you could tell he wanted to be a female. He would pick flowers and perform dances for the other orangutans. I can only imagine the personal hell he must have been going through now that I look back on it.
[<dunn]

“Last year, when we saw an erosion in LGBTQ acceptance, GLAAD doubled down on our formula for making positive culture change,” she said.

<Lmaoo>

Yes, please keep doing that.

I lol'ed at that so hard my eyes started watering.

Back