Social Young People Are Becoming Less Tolerant of the LGBTQ

It may not necessarily be "less tolerance" but young people are feeling less comfortable around LGBTQ people.

There's something wrong if you can even tell without a person directly disclosing it, at least on an individual level. Who was that one YouTube personality who spent hours doing an interview with Dave Rubin and only found out months later with the hysterical flipout? :confused: Err, Rubin isn't exactly the paragon of a masc bro. <45>Good Grief.

All I know is that my son (17) and all of his buddies (Gen Z) hate the LGBTQ movement. Those kids are really not cool with the Millennials either.

Canada's CBC is aggressively pushing this foolishness. Here are just a few examples:

DragKids_4-up_V2.jpg

K-kANVmlT12xXx7nCYzfivlllFtSFZlPKZu0TRsQvYw.jpg

The G/B "curriculum" needs an overhaul.

I’m seeing it all the time. I’m an educator and 14, 15 year old kids are recognizing this bombardment of certain values being pushed down their throats like the idea of men competing against women. All their lives (well raised) boys are taught to protect women and to not put hands on them and to not accept other males doing the same and now it’s acceptable for men to bash women in the name of “progressivism” and “equality”. Girls as well are saying things like “it’s so stupid”. I basically give the whole “we’re all equal” speech but inside I know they’re right.

At some point media and politics are going to be a truer representation of what the populace actually thinks and when that day comes trans people and their backers being able to cheat the system and abuse kids’ minds and bodies will be over.

It may not necessarily be "less tolerance" but young people are feeling less comfortable around LGBTQ people:

The young people (age 18-34 bracket) are supposed to be the most tolerant of the Pride movement but it seems, to me anyway, the Pride movement went wrong somewhere. Now, they're weirding out their closest allies.

Full Article: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...-millennials-decline-glaad-survey/1503758001/

There's a breakdown in the article, showing the rising discomfort within every age group towards the LGBTQ over the last 3 years. Of course, the president of GLAAD thinks it must be all that "hate speech" swaying the opinion of the young people (as if "hate speech" for the LGBTQ didn't exist decades ago).
A perfect example of shitty statistics made by people with an agenda, or people that don’t know shit about life. Example...

“The number of Americans 18 to 34 who are comfortable interacting with LGBTQ people slipped from 53% in 2017 to 45% in 2018.”

1. When you reduce human beings to a thing, to just a sexual identity as if that’s what you interact with, the question itself is pushing you to a bullshit answer.

2. The “comfortable/not comfortable” question is stupid binary logic. This is how robots think. This is fundamentally why 99% of polls are shit. They only allow two responses. They don’t allow for human expression. These bullshit polls are just used to poke and prod people to move in a certain direction or respond in a certain way.

Mental illness should not be ignored.

although, the lolz are going to be epic when race gets fluid too. Goodbye title 9, affirmative action and Diversity and Inclusion bull shit

All I know is that my son (17) and all of his buddies (Gen Z) hate the LGBTQ movement. Those kids are really not cool with the Millennials either.
One would hope a bunch of high school kids aren't hanging out with a bunch of guys in their mid to late 30's.

My cousin just turned 16 and she has a girlfriend of a couple years. We text/dm/snap almost every day!

There's something wrong if you can even tell without a person directly disclosing it, at least on an individual level. Who was that one YouTube personality who spent hours doing an interview with Dave Rubin and only found out months later with the hysterical flipout? :confused: Err, Rubin isn't exactly the paragon of a masc bro. <45>Good Grief.

Pretty bigoted post. There is nothing feminine about Dave Rubin. The only way I could have known he was gay was from him saying he married a guy named David.

I've definitely noticed the massive uptick in more open trans intolerance within the last 5 or so years. It's become kind of 'cool' in some spheres to shit on transgenders.
^this.

There are some pretty hard core and angry Trans ladies (formerly dudes) out there and the young people and gays seem to get the brunt of their scorn and not the far right. They feel they have always been pushed aside by the rest of that community.

I have a few gay friends who live in my condo building. At a group outing a few were talking and a lesbian couple went on about a little rant that they were dealing with at the local YMCA which is a gym for all but has always been seen as more friendly to LBGTQ, as it started out as a kind of homeless services shelter place and became a chain facility of community services including a work out gym.

Anyway the issue is there are a lot of Trans in edmonton and one trans woman who goes into the change rooms is often seen walking around, in her glory with a very visible hard on.

No she (formally he) is not having surgery apparently nor is anyone sure she is taking hormones. She just identifies as a woman. She also says she is a lesbian woman and thus attracted to women so any arousal is normal just as other lesbian women would not e kicked out for being aroused.

The gym won't touch the subject as long as she does not cross lines into any abusive behaviour with another woman and she is fine to sport her wood in all its glory in the female change room.

or so the story goes.

Well golly I wonder why. There's equality and then there's this. What's happening now.

Thats because the line of tolerance and acceptance has been erased. In this country, I have to tolerate what you do, within the bounds of the law. I think we actually were doing well in that regard 10 years ago. Most people don't really care what you do on your own time.
Now, I don't have to simply tolerate it. I have to embrace it and celebrate it with you and pretend that its something that fills me with pride. I have to expose my kids to it and let pedophiles have story time at my kid's day care. I have to be OK with gender reassignment for pre pubescent children. I have to learn 800 different titles for whatever your mood is that day and I'm supposed to just sense which one to use. I have to let some dude piss next to my daughter because we can't hurt his feelings.

Fuck all that shit.
WTF happened to the good old days when everyone was as tolerant as you Seano?

Now where is that black kid who almost got himself shot and WTF was he doing in that neighbourhood to deserve that?

I think it has to do with the uptick in openly trans people. The ambiguity of some trans people, coupled with lack of exposure for most people can make things awkward/ uncomfortable for the uninitiated. This will become less significant over time, but it will take a long time to diminish.

I know one legit concern is Medicare/ Medicaid paying for transitions, chemical or surgical.

Personally, I have no prejudice against trans people. Its nice to see them when they're happy with their transition.
I do share the concern about the government paying for the transitions.

i have zero issue with someone being trans. Enjoy your adult life however you want. You only have one life to live so be happy.

I do have issue with trans women dominating female sports and think the early rule that the IOC used to use of saying 'a woman had to start her transition before puberty if she wants to compete in competitive sports' was the right rule and should be adopted by all competitive sports. We've seen that lessened and lessened over time and it seems now a guy can declare himself trans today and be competing against women tomorrow with zero hormones or changes.

I also have issue with trans women who only 'declare' but not doing any surgery or hormones but just dress different who demand access to women's facilities (bathrooms, changerooms) as I do think that is unfair to the other women.

Some trans women, particularly the ones who are not doing surgery or hormones have a real issue with the lesbian woman's scorn for them. These former guys feel then should be accepted as gay women and gay women should f*ck them as fellow lesbians, gear and all.

if people cannot see the dilemma in that for a gay woman who even wants to be inclusive, I don't know what to say.

Young people need to sit down, shut up, and listen to their moral and social superiors.

Anything less is bigotry and borderline violence.

i have zero issue with someone being trans. Enjoy your adult life however you want. You only have one life to live so be happy.

I do have issue with trans women dominating female sports and think the early rule that the IOC used to use of saying 'a woman had to start her transition before puberty if she wants to compete in competitive sports' was the right rule and should be adopted by all competitive sports. We've seen that lessened and lessened over time and it seems now a guy can declare himself trans today and be competing against women tomorrow with zero hormones or changes.

I also have issue with trans women who only 'declare' but not doing any surgery or hormones but just dress different who demand access to women's facilities (bathrooms, changerooms) as I do think that is unfair to the other women.

Some trans women, particularly the ones who are not doing surgery or hormones have a real issue with the lesbian woman's scorn for them. These former guys feel then should be accepted as gay women and gay women should f*ck them as fellow lesbians, gear and all.

if people cannot see the dilemma in that for a gay woman who even wants to be inclusive, I don't know what to say.

All very good points. I do think its wrong that a trans woman can compete in a women's sports.
And while I have no problem with trans who don't choose surgical or hormornal transition I do see how that could be a problem in some situations.
As for the the prejudices within the lgbqt community, they're no different than the ones outside of it. Its beyond anybody's control and goes beyond this convo (imo).

Given that most of the decline in support seems to be driven by young women, I can see how these would be important factors.

Last edited:
It may not necessarily be "less tolerance" but young people are feeling less comfortable around LGBTQ people:

The young people (age 18-34 bracket) are supposed to be the most tolerant of the Pride movement but it seems, to me anyway, the Pride movement went wrong somewhere. Now, they're weirding out their closest allies.

Full Article: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...-millennials-decline-glaad-survey/1503758001/

There's a breakdown in the article, showing the rising discomfort within every age group towards the LGBTQ over the last 3 years. Of course, the president of GLAAD thinks it must be all that "hate speech" swaying the opinion of the young people (as if "hate speech" for the LGBTQ didn't exist decades ago).
I consider it to be the SJW effect. It went from people asking for tolerance or acceptance, to people telling you what a horrible person you were and how privileged you were and demanding that you grovel before them and no matter how hard you apologized offered no absolution, no forgiveness. Their form of social justice is like a religion with no forgiveness, no salvation.

I keep thinking about the surprising fact that young women are driving this decline in support. @NoDak since you’ve been open about this subject I’m wondering if you’d indulge a couple of personal questions. First, does your girl know of you flexible preference and, if so, how does she feel about LBGTQs (I might have missed a few letters there - can’t keep up with the vernacular)?

So sad is the state of our country that the right wing has began a new Era of hate and fear mongering. We tried for years to escape this, yet here we are. My son is transgender and I fear for his life every single day.
I'm sure your son will be fine. Male-to-female transgenders, especially black ones, are in MUCH more danger than female-to-male. I honestly think it's the SJW counterproductive screeching and the right-wing backlash to that that is causing most of these problems. I sincerely hope things can calm down and we can find tolerance and acceptance for ALL.

Back