Social Young People Are Becoming Less Tolerant of the LGBTQ

You mean like Martina Navratilova calling out transgender athletes and being blasted for it? She is a trail blazing gay rights activist who is now labelled a bigot because she doesn't want men competing against women. That is this whole debate in a nutshell right there.
There is a strong contingent of the lesbian and radfem community (especially but not limited to them, actually) which views transgender females as men invading female spaces. Not just sports but sports is a particularly sore topic.

What are you talking about? Did I miss a big story or something?

You have either been living under a rock or are being deliberately obtuse if you don't know what I'm talking about. I'm guessing more the latter.

I believe that gays and transexuals need medical help. They should be on medication. Not celebrated because of how «brave» they are. Adam was made for Eve, not for Steve.

Gay or not that was one fucked up family .

It's because their insane demands, the alphabet people call it violence if you don't use the correct pronoun.

You mean like Martina Navratilova calling out transgender athletes and being blasted for it? She is a trail blazing gay rights activist who is now labelled a bigot because she doesn't want men competing against women. That is this whole debate in a nutshell right there.

Yep. 'Intolerant transpohobia' now includes saying it's unfair for men to compete in women's sporting, raising concerns about grown men being allowed to share the same bathrooms and changing facilities as women and little girls, being disgusted by 10 year-old boys in drag doing strip shows in gay bars and objecting to sex changes being performed on children.

Gee, I wonder how this backlash could have started. It's a real mystery.

You disgust me. What ever happened to Americans minding their own damn business. So judgmental. You failed as a human being.

Whatever happened to people not being completely idiotic? Your son is a boy, not whatever adjective you and your boyfriend forced on him.

Fucking weirdo.

So sad is the state of our country that the right wing has began a new Era of hate and fear mongering. We tried for years to escape this, yet here we are. My son is transgender and I fear for his life every single day.

You caused this, via effective trolling.

I think alot of it is due to the perversion they try and push onto children.

Those sick weirdos need to leave kids alone.

Most gay/bisexual people are just normal folks, it's actually very sad that the disgusting exhibitionists at Pride Parades and the revolting political activists who have taken over gay advocacy have been allowed to represent their entire community via the media. Much like people like Sharpton and Jesse Jackson have been pushed by the media as spokesmen for the black community, rather than themselves.

That being said, it's hilarious that for decades anyone who questioned that being gay was not a choice was literally called a Nazi/bigot. Obviously, some people are born with a proclivity towards being gay. There are people you knew they were gay in middle school. But these days you got women who dated men their whole lives becoming outspoken lesbians in their 40s and more and more people identifying as fluid or non-binary or whatever that bullshit means and this whole 30-year argument that being gay is not a choice has suddenly disappeared.

Most gay/bisexual people are just normal folks, it's actually very sad that the disgusting exhibitionists at Pride Parades and the revolting political activists who have taken over gay advocacy have been allowed to represent their entire community via the media. Much like people like Sharpton and Jesse Jackson have been pushed by the media as spokesmen for the black community, rather than themselves.

That being said, it's hilarious that for decades anyone who questioned that being gay was not a choice was literally called a Nazi/bigot. Obviously, some people are born with a proclivity towards being gay. There are people you knew they were gay in middle school. But these days you got women who dated men their whole lives becoming outspoken lesbians in their 40s and more and more people identifying as fluid or non-binary or whatever that bullshit means and this whole 30-year argument that being gay is not a choice has suddenly disappeared.
It's always been more complicated than "being gay is not a choice".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_lesbianism

Political lesbianism was (and is) a real thing and has effectively been memory-holed by people advocating the idea that there is no choice in sexuality.

You have either been living under a rock or are being deliberately obtuse if you don't know what I'm talking about. I'm guessing more the latter.

I googled 'dressing up boys to look like girls to entice pedos' but nothing came up.

Do you have a source?

“Last year, when we saw an erosion in LGBTQ acceptance, GLAAD doubled down on our formula for making positive culture change,” she said.

<Lmaoo>

Yes, please keep doing that.

It's always been more complicated than "being gay is not a choice".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_lesbianism

Political lesbianism was (and is) a real thing and has effectively been memory-holed by people advocating the idea that there is no choice in sexuality.

It's suddenly more complicated that's the point.

But the narrative and the standard for my entire youth up until around ten years ago was that being gay was not a choice and anyone who thought it was, was a Nazi. Just ignoring bisexual people and what not.

Now suddenly it's complicated. Which if you said 20 years ago, meant you were an intolerant bigot. Heh.

It's suddenly more complicated that's the point.

But the narrative and the standard for my entire youth up until around ten years ago was that being gay was not a choice and anyone who thought it was, was a Nazi. Just ignoring bisexual people and what not.

Now suddenly it's complicated. Which if you said 20 years ago, meant you were an intolerant bigot. Heh.
Yeah, but I'm pointing out that if you look back farther, it was actually "totally a (political) choice", then it became "not a choice" as 2nd-wave feminism lost steam and "not a choice" was determined to be an effective political messaging strategy. And now it seems like it's swinging back again now that "who cares what your choice is" is becoming more palatable.

I was fascinated by the history of political lesbianism and lesbian separatism. It's a period of LGB history that is completely overlooked. The idea that people actually fought and advocated for that, spent years and years of their life doing so, just a few decades ago, and you can still meet a lot of older lesbians (or ex-lesbians) who lived through it.. it's crazy.

I'm firmly in the "I don't care what you choose, and being gay is sometimes a choice and sometimes not" camp, but I don't think pretending all this stuff never happened is a good way to approach things.

I dislike all people whose sexual orientation makes up a big part of their self identity

Imagine a heterosexual obsessed with straight pride. That person would be annoying as hell to be around

Is anyone SERIOUSLY surprised that teenagers would push back against this? Again I'll remind you, the rainbow isn't counterculture anymore. They're the establishment, they're the Death Star at this point.

Yeah, but I'm pointing out that if you look back farther, it was actually "totally a (political) choice", then it became "not a choice" as 2nd-wave feminism lost steam and "not a choice" was determined to be an effective political messaging strategy. And now it seems like it's swinging back again now that "who cares what your choice is" is becoming more palatable.

I was fascinated by the history of political lesbianism and lesbian separatism. It's a period of LGB history that is completely overlooked. The idea that people actually fought and advocated for that, spent years and years of their life doing so, just a few decades ago, and you can still meet a lot of older lesbians (or ex-lesbians) who lived through it.. it's crazy.

I'm firmly in the "I don't care what you choose, and being gay is sometimes a choice and sometimes not" camp, but I don't think pretending all this stuff never happened is a good way to approach things.

No one is pretending anything. I'm just pointing out that it was mainstream thinking among progressives and LGBT supporters that anyone who questioned if being gay was a choice was a bigot. And they would just ignore people who started becoming involved with their same gender at an older age or were involved with both.

Like I said, it's just fascinating that no one really makes the argument that being gay is not a choice anymore, when just 20 years ago when I was in high school, it was the standard thinking to promote LGBT acceptance. It's not a choice!!!

Whatever happened to people not being completely idiotic? Your son is a boy, not whatever adjective you and your boyfriend forced on him.

Fucking weirdo.
It's just pathetic to me you have to make it personal. This place is for political discussion not personal attacks. Seems like your just proving me right here

Back