You guys have to try this, frying 3 eggs with 1 big can of spinach, and some onions

I thought canned spinach only existed in Popeye cartoons.

Hubby and I make sautéed spinach with fried eggs all the time. Nice deviation from the usual spinach omelette.

Wtf is this the poorest food thread is history or what

I've never had canned spinach, but this sounds like a reasonably tasty breakfast scramble.

Better yet, do the eggs and onion but pass on the spinach. Throw in rice and cheese.

I forgot about this thread. The part I don't get, OP, is when you say you fry everything together. But if you're dumping two whole cans of spinach in with the water and everything, aren't you more poaching everything together?

I'm trying to picture this. Is it something you dump all in and leave alone like a fritatta or does it come out like scrambled eggs?

I bought some frozen diced onions and chopped spinach to try this.

I forgot about this thread. The part I don't get, OP, is when you say you fry everything together. But if you're dumping two whole cans of spinach in with the water and everything, aren't you more poaching everything together?

I'm trying to picture this. Is it something you dump all in and leave alone like a fritatta or does it come out like scrambled eggs?

I actually think we used only 1 can of spinach....it was just one of those big cans though. I think you dump everything in the pan together, water and all. Just have to drain the water out when it's done. And it turns out with basically only the spinach clumped together....but the spinach has the consistency of scrambled eggs. If that makes sense. You should try it though, it's really good.

What seasoning(s) dis you use?

I just used salt, but I guess you could use whatever you wanted. I personally don't think it really needs seasoning but that's just preference.

i've been trying non-stop but I can't figure out how to get the fire going with the can of spinach and the onions so I can fry the eggs.

Come on now. If you've been to the grocery store on a regular basis in America, you know of canned spinich. It's right there with all the other damn can vegetables. Get real.

Anyway, this would probably taste good, but you can do better. Even being poor. Desperately needs lots of hot sauce too.

Come on now. If you've been to the grocery store on a regular basis in America, you know of canned spinich. It's right there with all the other damn can vegetables. Get real.

yeah everybody's acting like they've never seen canned spinach. they know damn well they've seen it.

Back