You guys have to try this, frying 3 eggs with 1 big can of spinach, and some onions

Were you the one telling me that a lot of restaurants test out potential chefs by seeing how well they make an omelette?
Might have been Daspy, it's true though. I eat omelletes about six times a week. Four to five eggs, chorizo, queso fresco avocado and fresh cilantro for the win.

I just came home from work and made a point to go to the grocery store to buy some spinach and make this shit. I ended up getting frozen spinach because it was half the price for double the ammount and I also decided to put a can of salmkn in there. God damn it was fucking good. Poverty meal of peace and prosperity.

I legitimately thought canned spinach was just some made up shit for Popeye.

I remember a thread a few years ago where you asked for ideas about what to do with some antique liquor bottles she had

I was always going to throw them out, it just felt like a shame.

Glad everyone put TS on blast
about the CANNED spinach...

TS...
2i7o9yt.jpg

It's awesome. Apparently it's an old timey recipe and my dad recently showed me how to do it. You just throw it all in a pan together and fry it up. The eggs make the spinach kind of clump together and removes any bitter taste from the spinach. Throw in some diced onions. It's all kinds of good.

You're welcome.

Canned spinach?

I had something very similar this morning actually. 3 scrambled eggs with chopped up red pepper, onions, (fresh) spinach and jalapenos mixed in served on toast. All drowned in hot sauce of course.

Sounds simple, filling and tasty - I'm in. I'll give it a try this weekend at some point.

In gonna try this with frozen creamed spinach

Big thumbs up ts

It's more like stracciatella, I'm assuming? I find it hard to believe you made a thread to inform everyone of an omelet.

Canned spinach and celery are the only 2 things I refuse to eat.

I saw this thread an hour ago, came home and made this shit.

Let none say I'm not open minded.

I'm a fan, TS, thank you for the adventure

any time :)

It's more like stracciatella, I'm assuming? I find it hard to believe you made a thread to inform everyone of an omelet.

I don't know wtf a stratavarius is

but what I'm talking about is not an omelette. The eggs pretty much disappear and all you're left with is clumped up, smooth spinach. And it's great.

I don't know wtf a stratavarius is

but what I'm talking about is not an omelette. The eggs pretty much disappear and all you're left with is clumped up, smooth spinach. And it's great.

Yeah sounds different, but pretty good. Stracciatella is like a spinach egg drop soup.

I'll try it, but will add mushrooms... sounds fitting.

You all probably know these tasty videos everyone shares on facebook.. well, I tried one last week for the first time. Tasted unbelievable. Will become a monthly routine now. Lady was impressed too.

It's better with canned eggs.

Back