You guys have to try this, frying 3 eggs with 1 big can of spinach, and some onions

.. Why not just sauté fresh spinach in butter with plenty of salt pepper and garlic, drop your eggs in a pan, wait until they start to solidify,drop the spinach in and cook it that way?

Or sauté the spinach in bacon grease and then fry the eggs in that, mix the bacon in with the spinach and do it that way.

The eggs get clumpy to the spinach in canned spinach due to the ridiculous amount of water retention.

Slow cooking the eggs over low-medium and gently folding them instead of scrambling with give you a much better finished product.

Besides what you're describing sounds like a fritata.

... I eat A LOT of eggs lol.

ZuAmS.jpg
IMG_2072.jpg
siracha-squeeze-28oz.jpeg
8858743000120.jpg

It's awesome. Apparently it's an old timey recipe and my dad recently showed me how to do it. You just throw it all in a pan together and fry it up. The eggs make the spinach kind of clump together and removes any bitter taste from the spinach. Throw in some diced onions. It's all kinds of good.

You're welcome.
you sound poor

It is actually really good with ketchup.
you sound even poorer

I am far from a chef just seems the salt from the canned spinach would add flavor. Plus I am lazy. Ur recipe looks interesting though.

I really need to write a fucking cookbook, I've been wanting to do a cooking show, but as a chef and comedian I need to find someone with technical know how and you know.. Motivation.

Here's the thing bro, buy coarse salt. Fucking always. Always use fresh spinach too. Also what's highly underutilized in spinach. White pepper for spinach.

Lrn2cook, bitches love food and it takes the same amount of time to throw spinach into a sauté pan with some seasoning as it does to open up a can of mush and warm it up. You'll feel a sense of accomplishment warm you all the way to your tummy as you realize how you've been missing out.

Want to know a secret? Brunch is one of the most expensive fucking meals you can get, and the cheapest to make and generally the easiest to prepare.

I really need to write a fucking cookbook, I've been wanting to do a cooking show, but as a chef and comedian I need to find someone with technical know how and you know.. Motivation.

Here's the thing bro, buy coarse salt. Fucking always. Always use fresh spinach too. Also what's highly underutilized in spinach. White pepper for spinach.

Lrn2cook, bitches love food and it takes the same amount of time to throw spinach into a sauté pan with some seasoning as it does to open up a can of mush and warm it up. You'll feel a sense of accomplishment warm you all the way to your tummy as you realize how you've been missing out.

Want to know a secret? Brunch is one of the most expensive fucking meals you can get, and the cheapest to make and generally the easiest to prepare.

I am poor though. Fresh spinach is expensive. JK I will give it a try. I am poor though

I am poor though. Fresh spinach is expensive. JK I will give it a try. I am poor though

I'm a chef man. We're not particularly known for being paid well. the majority of places I've worked I couldn't afford to eat at.

Eggs man. Eggs and potatoes

My lady cooks me breakfast in bed every morning. I know i'm lucky.

When she does scrambled eggs, just before they're cooked, she'll crack another egg into it, give it a quick stir to break it up, then removes it from the heat.

The already cooked eggs partially cook the new one, and everything is moist and juicy. Its honestly amazing.

I saw this thread an hour ago, came home and made this shit.

Let none say I'm not open minded.

I'm a fan, TS, thank you for the adventure

Eggs, spinach and onions are amazing for breakfast. I never had them straight up slop-fried together, but I bet I'd love it. My German grandmother use to cook them in a variety of different ways, she passed a few years ago at 97.

I love canned spinach. It's a different experience from fresh, but it's awesome.
I remember a thread a few years ago where you asked for ideas about what to do with some antique liquor bottles she had

It's awesome. Apparently it's an old timey recipe and my dad recently showed me how to do it. You just throw it all in a pan together and fry it up. The eggs make the spinach kind of clump together and removes any bitter taste from the spinach. Throw in some diced onions. It's all kinds of good.

You're welcome.

Just learn to make quiche or a frittata. A frittata will take like 20 minutes longer, but its way better.

.. Why not just sauté fresh spinach in butter with plenty of salt pepper and garlic, drop your eggs in a pan, wait until they start to solidify,drop the spinach in and cook it that way?

Or sauté the spinach in bacon grease and then fry the eggs in that, mix the bacon in with the spinach and do it that way.

The eggs get clumpy to the spinach in canned spinach due to the ridiculous amount of water retention.

Slow cooking the eggs over low-medium and gently folding them instead of scrambling with give you a much better finished product.

Besides what you're describing sounds like a fritata.

... I eat A LOT of eggs lol.

Were you the one telling me that a lot of restaurants test out potential chefs by seeing how well they make an omelette?

Back