You guys have to try this, frying 3 eggs with 1 big can of spinach, and some onions

Agent Mulder's Hair

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
It's awesome. Apparently it's an old timey recipe and my dad recently showed me how to do it. You just throw it all in a pan together and fry it up. The eggs make the spinach kind of clump together and removes any bitter taste from the spinach. Throw in some diced onions. It's all kinds of good.

You're welcome.

My mum made me poached eggs on a bed of spinach when I was a kid a few times. She poached eggs in the microwave tho

My mum made me poached eggs on a bed of spinach when I was a kid a few times. She poached eggs in the microwave tho

Nah man it's all gotta be done in the pan at the same time. That's key. It scrambles the eggs and it fuses them with the spinach somehow. And what you end up with looks like clumpy spinach, but man it's great. Thread-worthy great.

Edit: oh yeah don't forget to drain the juice out of the pan when you're done frying it. You just want the clumpy eggspinach stuff.

Will try it but two cans? That's alot with just 3 eggs

Will try it but two cans? That's alot with just 3 eggs

We actually used just 1 can, but it was one of those big cans. 1 big can should be all you need I guess.

But yeah definitely try it and let us know what ya think. It's quick to make, too. Only takes like 5 mins.

Are you Pop-eye the Sailor? Who eats canned spinach?

Hey there Mr. Attention to Detail,

Have you ever thought about starting your own cooking show?

JK it actually is really good. I never tried with fresh spinach but it seems like it wouldn't be as good

I'm going to try it with fresh baby spinach I just bought. I don't trust canned spinach lol

So... basically a lazy man's spinach quiche?

Not going to eat spinach from a fucking can.

Back