Social WTF Elon ????????????????

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by cooks1, Dec 19, 2018.

1. brackis1

brackis1 Gold Belt Platinum Member

So you deflect when I asked you about your caravan, why is that? You brought it up. Also I never said a Tesla wasn't a nice car. It is! It's a luxury car! "iT mAtchES wEll wiTH a 50k car". No shit dude. That's my whole frigging point: it's a nice car for rich people to drive, not all the other bullshit Musk lies about.
    You're you clearly know nothing about stock trades. I closed my shorts 1/2/2019 as quoted below.
    To recap:
    -I called Musk a fraud with questionable numbers behind his spectacles and tweets
    -Data backed up those numbers and the stock tanked
    -I cashed out a score and called a rise in the stock related to nontechnical Musk-centric activities
    -Mick cried about Apple being less influential than Tesla, then the very next day the entire tech sector went down all based off iPhone sales numbers
    -Musk has since made a number of ridiculous tweets and pumped the stock up using non-financial techniques, including references to sex tapes and flying cars.

But of course this is Sherdog where some dude (who can't string more than one sentence together without mashing the Enter key twice) declares me a huge loser after being presented page after page of links and news updates while offering none of their own.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
    waiguoren and Hunter Simpson like this.
  2. brackis1

I've already pointed out a number of times in this thread that Elon Musk relied on Panasonic-run companies for batteries for a decade and those companies were formed and operated in conjunction with auto manufacturers to develop hybrid and EV tech.

You're also blatantly contradicting yourself by saying Musk might go bankrupt and then wonder why companies didn't mortgage their entire futures on a luxury EV. Oh wait that's because they're longstanding companies with tens of thousands of employees that can't magically pivot and drop everything. Why? Because they're not a playboys with unlimited safety net and no existing responsibilities or duties.

If Musk was such a god, why isn't he running any of the bazillion companies he claims to have founded? Oh wait, that's because the goal in each of them was to walk away with a giant sack of money and then compulsively repeat the egomania of being called a "founder" and getting articles written about you.
    Musk recently tried to brag about how he was getting rid of titles at the company after the SEC made him resign as chairman. Guess what he was doing in 2009? Suing Tesla founders so that he could be allowed to be called a Tesla founder despite the company existing for multiple years before he invested. It's Social Network bullshit by greedy strongmen, not a desire to save our world and bring wellness to society at-large. These fairytales and hero building have been going on for a DECADE, but it's nothing new for the common man to worship companies while ignoring the brutality and cunning of business deals.

https://www.wired.com/2009/06/eberhard/
    https://www.businessinsider.com/tesla-founders-end-bitter-legal-fight-2009-9
    https://www.fastcompany.com/1367866/tesla-lawsuit-drama-ends-five-company-founders-emerge

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
    7437 and Hunter Simpson like this.
  3. PEB

PEB Atomic Butt Drop Champ :)

Well Elon can always move to China and bring his innovated ideas and 62,000 new jobs in the last 7 years with him to China. The Chinese government have offered him permanent citizenship. But brackis can keep railing on about him while he builds Gigafactory 3 in China and is the first company allowed to do so without having to work with a Chinese based manufacturing company.

[​IMG]

"
    BEIJING:

Tesla boss Elon Musk has been offered a "green card", China said Thursday, a privilege enjoyed by an elite group of foreigners, including several Nobel laureates and a former NBA star.

Musk was in China for the ground-breaking of Tesla's first overseas factory, which will allow it to sell vehicles directly in the world's largest market for electric vehicles.

The high-profile entrepreneur met with Premier Li Keqiang on Wednesday in Beijing, where they discussed Tesla's China ambitions, said the State Council -- the country's cabinet.

"I hope to build Tesla's Shanghai factory into a global example," Musk told Li, according to a readout. "I really love China, I'm willing to visit here more often."

Li replied: "If this is what you truly have in mind, we can give you a 'Chinese green card'."

Tesla declined to comment on the offer."

https://www.ndtv.com/world-news/tesla-boss-elon-musk-offered-permanent-citizenship-in-china-1975821

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/dip...usk-says-he-loves-china-so-premier-li-keqiang

Hunter Simpson likes this.
  4. chardog

chardog That's President Donald Trump

your overthinking and rambling on at this point.

Elon forever changed the EV market despite what you think about him. I dont really care to go any further than that, and that's the basis of my point.

CEO's do that sorta thing, get a company going, get credit, ect, it's normal.

no fat chicks likes this.
  5. brackis1

What's with you people and spacing your sentences? Oh wait, you confuse the ability to form an argument using multiple paragaphs and articles as "rambling" or "overthinking" just like your intellectual peers who disagree with me.
    Tesla forever changed the EV market; yes. And I've said that over and over.

As an aside, using "etc" vs. "ect" is a good way to make yourself seem smarter, since it derives from Et Cetera in latin.

6. brackis1

SpaceX builds giant shiny rocket that won't actually go into space....
    But is getting shared by literally every news outlet because it's shiny and looks cool.
    "the rocket carries the test-hopper moniker because it is not designed to orbit the Earth. Instead, the windowless ship will rocket on "hops" that propel it no more than about 16,400 feet in the air."

Then quietly lays of 1000 people the next day. Why? Because the underpinnings of these companies are dubious but people love talking about shiny spectacles.
    #elon
    #winning
    https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/11/tech/spacex-layoffs/index.html

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
  7. lifelessheap

lifelessheap Silver Belt

LoL. You have an irrational hatred of someone who is pushing the car industry forward.

How many times has Tesla succeeded when you said they would fail? Why are prominent short sellers now giving buy ratings?

You lost. Tesla is here to stay. Musk musked all you dweebs.

no fat chicks likes this.
  8. brackis1

At this point you're just making stuff up and clearly don't understand the basics of opening and closing equity positions.
    I'll actually go through and flesh out your own pathetic argument for you just to show how wrong would be (that is if you had the intellectual capacity to form a paragraph or link to something that would support your claim).

Citron Research was a famous investment fund that were shortsellers of TSLA stock and are more famous for their law-bending use of public declarations to manipulate stocks in the direction of their position, much like Musk does with his declerations.
    Citron reversed their position because it makes them money. They announced their switch 10/22/18 at the stock's bottom, then it surged 10% on their announcement. Why? Because they made money when it tanked and then saw more money to be made from a swing up than a further swing down (investors call this a 'support level', which for Tesla is around 250-260 per share). Just like...I DID WHEN I CASHED MY SHORTS and explained I am amenable to buying Tesla stock based on the amazing fanboi tendencies of investors and casual schmucks. I entered my shorts at a "resistance level" in the high 300s. The view that something is a fraud doesn't mean you believe everyone will sell their shares and it will reach zero when trading stocks. Likewise, just because you like a company doesn't mean you don't sell the shares if it reaches an irrationally high value.

Citron just did a similar thing with Roku last week in reverse. Roku was called a sham by Citron in 2017 when they were shorting it, then they reverse their position and bought stock in Roku, declared it a "winner" and rode it to huge gains of about 100%. Then last week decided to murder the stock again by calling it univestable once they had cashed out.
    Sherdogger @JonesBones can verify these behaviors as an investor in Roku.
    Similarly, in November they endorsed buying Snapchat, not because it's a good company, but because it had already fallen so much, again to a "resistance level". (I was shorting SNAP too but got too greedy in its fall from $6.XX to high 4s and should have cashed out, but waited and didn't eject till it was back at 6)

I have zero money for or against Tesla right now because I don't see safe opportunity given the stock price and day of year, not because I don't believe Musk to be a fraud. It's almost as if I am a functioning adult who can dually operate a stock trading gig based on market opportunities AND hate an individual businessman at a personal level. I hate a lot of companies that I would never dream of shorting, and I've shorted companies I like (e.g. Costco in mid December).

Here is me replying TO YOU in late December on the very same issue.
    Do you actually enjoy flopping around like a mental midget on the internet talking about shit you have no business opening your mouth on or seemingly can't remember discussing already? Fuck dude I smoke more weed than 99% of the world and I can still recollect things from a few pages back in this thread. What's your excuse for being a goldfish with a keyboard?

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
  9. PEB

Layoffs are never good but he has also had two layoffs at Tesla yet Tesla went on an reported profits. He's continually running a very difficult situation where something that other companies do many times but with the microscope that Elon Musk brings with his operation. Other companies do these things constantly yet is not put on the front of every major news publication like Elon companies get put out.

10. brackis1

Cake: eat it or have it, but not both.
    CNBC most definitely has a story up anytime ANY company lays off 1000 people as do most major news outlets. There are only 4000 companies in the entire country that employ more than 5000 people. And if you want to brag about being valued a 30 billion dollars, you can expect someone to write a story when you cut 10% of your workforce.
    Musk/Tesla/SpaceX can't cry when someone writes something critical when literally their entire marketing strategy is devoted to getting coverage from the media. And even then they announced the layoffs as quietly as possible the day after they got oodles of mindless coverage of their tinfoil test rocket that won't even go into space.

11. JonesBones

JonesBones Gold Belt

this made me lol

[​IMG]

uppercutbus likes this.
  12. brackis1

LOL wouldn't put it past him

13. brackis1

I was foolish not to short Tesla in advance of the Detroit Auto Show, where numerous car dealers are debuting EV tech where Tesla is absent and wall street is noticing (all other manufacturers stocks up today, Tesla down 3%).
    Musk meanwhile, in the aftermath of laying off 600 people at SpaceX, is using product placement with professional gamers on twitter+instagram, with this dude "buying a Tesla" after Elon decided to reply to his tweet about internet a few weeks ago. Then goes on to say he wants to buy spare SpaceX parts for his house lol. Undoubtedly all setup as part of some PR crosspromo (I've never heard of this dude, but he has 1 million twitter followers and 4 million IG followers)

14. brackis1

15. jefferz

jefferz Gold Belt Platinum Member

Rich Rebuilds is still waiting on his car.

TLDW: Rich bough a used Tesla Model X from Tesla's website on November 5th and still hasn't gotten his car, two and a half months later.

16. PEB

I explained that these issue will be addressed soon because it's getting national attention.

Fans of Elon in China waited for hours in the rain to see him. He's a rockstar in China where he is the most searched online.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. PEB

First thing mission accomplished by Elon getting car Manufactures to build electric cars with purpose. If he did not show the world that electric cars are viable and better in many ways then the internal combustion engine do you think car companies would be doing this stuff. Elon has a goal to produce a 25,000 car by 2022, CUV, pickup and a supercar. Ford like VW keep throwing around insane numbers while fudging around with the number by saying some hybrid some electric.

18. brackis1

I'm a huge Musk hater as evidence by this thread, but I will say that this dude is possibly fishing for attention as an existing vlogger.

19. jefferz

jefferz Gold Belt Platinum Member

He is definitely over exaggerating some things, but he still doesn't have his car after 2.5 months. He just posted a video today and still doesn't have it.
    Rich's Mom: "He trying to put people into space but he can't put you in a car"

20. brackis1

His story seemed almost as fishy as Musk's.
    I need to check the original video again, but he I think claimed his mom drove down to the dealership with him, but then he is filming her in the car on the way home and she seems to almost be acting and pretending like she doesn't know what happened at pickup for the purposes of him being able to tell her on camera and film a reaction.