Social WTF Elon ????????????????

Honestly you couldn't have validated me any more Micky than to have tried to reply with a Musk tweet quoted in a Jordan Peterson subreddit. (but I guess I'm the one who is a 'parody of my own invective'? bahahah)

oh btw: that stupid little iPhone you claim isn't as important as your luxury car just tanked the entire NASDAQ on a sales miss.
I'm surprised you keep coming back to this after being proven continually wrong. Almost as wrong as when we disagreed weeks ago on whether the economy was slowing. How those US manufacturing numbers doing today?

Flint water: Courting Michigan for factory subsidies
Thai pedo sub stunt: Performed the day before showing up in Asia to announce a new factory
UK hospital giveaway of childrens toy teslas: Prechristmas toy ad + 1 month before Tesla debuts in the country.

But yawn; there's nothing I can do to stop a zealot from believing these super rich guys are in it to create jobs for random joes. It's especially funny given how afraid Musk is of labor rights.

I was wrong about one thing: Tesla stock still tanking when I thought Musk would have come out with a new tweet by now to stop it.

Here is the issue Brackis1 he sold 14 percent more cars then last quarter how much did the rest of the sector improve by? Another the Model 3 is not Tesla real cash cow it's energy storage and sales of the Model X and Model S. Model X sales for this quarter are up but Model S sales are down but over the broader market sales of automobiles are down. Energy storage is going to grow by 50 percent this year last year it grew by 50 percent. Model X sales "nice profit margins" are up this year VS sales of SUV's from other premium auto makers like Audi and Mercedes. People tend to forget also that Tesla manufactures nearly 4 times as many long range EV's "Over 200 miles" VS their next largest competitor. Yes questions have been raised about Tesla cutting 2,000 off the price in response to the ending of the largest level of tax cut 7,500 down to 3,750. Tesla been known to make this adjustments especially in China their fastest growing market.

Here is the issue Brackis1 he sold 14 percent more cars then last quarter how much did the rest of the sector improve by? Another the Model 3 is not Tesla real cash cow it's energy storage and sales of the Model X and Model S. Model X sales for this quarter are up but Model S sales are down but over the broader market sales of automobiles are down. Energy storage is going to grow by 50 percent this year last year it grew by 50 percent. Model X sales "nice profit margins" are up this year VS sales of SUV's from other premium auto makers like Audi and Mercedes. People tend to forget also that Tesla manufactures nearly 4 times as many long range EV's "Over 200 miles" VS their next largest competitor. Yes questions have been raised about Tesla cutting 2,000 off the price in response to the ending of the largest level of tax cut 7,500 down to 3,750. Tesla been known to make this adjustments especially in China their fastest growing market.
lol do you understand how acceleration works?
Guess what? I gain more speed at the halfway mark of a 100m dash than Usian Bolt does. Why? Because he is already sprinting and really good at it. Not because I'm faster.

the entire auto industry is in bad shape because PEOPLE ARE BUYING LESS CARS AND USING RIDESHARES. I have nothing nice to say about any manufacturer outside of maaaaybe VW.
lol @ china being their fastest growing segment. No shit; they have 3 segments: random rich people in Europe, upper middle class Americans, and rich Chinese. Model S and X sales are down like 50% this year in China.

It's hilarious to watch the propaganda blogs like CleanTechnica try to spin this like some victory.
All within the last 24 hrs lol:
https://cleantechnica.com/2019/01/0...ling-car-in-usa-from-an-american-car-company/
https://cleantechnica.com/2019/01/03/tesla-crushes-records-wall-street-expects-more-miracles/
https://cleantechnica.com/2019/01/0...n-q4-2018-than-in-all-of-2017-467-yoy-growth/
https://cleantechnica.com/2019/01/02/tesla-nearly-tripled-auto-delivery-capacity-in-2018/

Last edited:
Oh, I forgot to mention that Tesla isn't in the S and P 500. Which surprised me. They will probably end up there soon but yeah, Apple is a market mover and leader. Tesla is not.

Apple gets a ton of money for services. Fortnite. 30% of everything. Google Play allows apps to be installed outside their app store so they aint making any money on Fortnite. You know how much nerds spend on games? Android allows you to install apps not through their app store. And Fortnite is going around their app store. No 30% for Google. An executive was asked why they didn't go around Apple. He said he would if they could. But they can't.

All these pay to win games. cha ching. 30% for apple on every transaction. And Snapchat, which still is the biggest with teens, is basically an iphone app. Android version sucks. It was designed for iPhone and they have been slow making a good android version. Terrible management at that company. They should have had a good Android version a long time ago.
It's funny cause that's part of the propaganda machine is all this talk of them making the S&P because of how much they value credentialism like that as a brand to build mainstream acceptance.
When really S&P is famous for bond ratings and focusing on company stability, which is the antithesis of how Tesla runs their business.

Whoops. It's me again here with more fresh examples of Musk doing what I said he likes to do: tweeting/advertising propaganda from opinion pieces regarding production and financials of his publicly traded company using faulty numbers!
http://fortune.com/2019/01/04/elon-musk-tesla-tweet/

Last edited:
lol dude just went on another Twitter bender today, including responding to someone who suggested a Musk-Grimes sex tape to fund SpaceX.

In other tweets bragging about "spiral winding" technology being employed to build hyperloop tubes as if it's some super special technology. It will vary according to loads. OMG WHat a genius!!!!!

I also found it VERY interesting that so many media outlets are picking up on this hypothetical valuation of SpaceX using a small private funding round which hasn't been filled and where investors haven't been named. They are using a "$500 million funding round" to justify being worth 30 billion , but the investor named is already an existing Tesla/SpaceX investor, investment fund Baillie Gifford. So from my skeptical perspective that's just using a cyclical valuation strategy, such that existing shareholders are paying in more money for the right to inflate the value of their existing shares and show "growth" to the outside world and other prospective investors, with the hope being that it generates more inflated-valuation money coming in (bagholder suckers if true) and/or legitimacy for their businesses to buy them more time (to still ultimately become profitable, but with more financial leash and keeping ownership). They don't even say if the full funding round was filled. Even if the whole round fills, that's using 1.6% of total equity to justify a 10% year to year growth rate. Is that not potentially some ponzi type reinvestment?
I'd honestly love for someone to play devil's advocate because I legitimately don't know enough about funding/valuation of private equity, but it seems very plausible given how incestuous the companies have become (Tesla, SpaceX, Baillie Gifford).
https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/03/business/spacex-valuation-500-million-fundraising-round/index.html

Last edited:
I mean I understand the Foxconn indifference among iPhone fans because it's a product everyone can get hooked on, and it's not in your face.
Whereas Musk is getting random shmoes going into debt just to buy a car based on how excited everyone is, and like Duke basketball, tons of "fans" who will never get into the club.

Tesla's cars are a good value for the product. I'm in debt for a minivan. People need loans for large purchases sometimes. You blindly hate.

If you don't see how Apple changed the world. Our entire world is in a trance. Look everywhere you are and what people are doing. You will see this everywhere:

articleReese_1.jpg

9d3a801107e058ad8e077e2a9de243a6.jpg
So much tech neck.

lol dude just went on another Twitter bender today, including responding to someone who suggested a Musk-Grimes sex tape to fund SpaceX.

In other tweets bragging about "spiral winding" technology being employed to build hyperloop tubes as if it's some super special technology. It will vary according to loads. OMG WHat a genius!!!!!

I also found it VERY interesting that so many media outlets are picking up on this hypothetical valuation of SpaceX using a small private funding round which hasn't been filled and where investors haven't been named. They are using a "$500 million funding round" to justify being worth 30 billion , but the investor named is already an existing Tesla/SpaceX investor, investment fund Baillie Gifford. So from my skeptical perspective that's just using a cyclical valuation strategy, such that existing shareholders are paying in more money for the right to inflate the value of their existing shares and show "growth" to the outside world and other prospective investors, with the hope being that it generates more inflated-valuation money coming in (bagholder suckers if true) and/or legitimacy for their businesses to buy them more time (to still ultimately become profitable, but with more financial leash and keeping ownership). They don't even say if the full funding round was filled. Even if the whole round fills, that's using 1.6% of total equity to justify a 10% year to year growth rate. Is that not potentially some ponzi type reinvestment?
I'd honestly love for someone to play devil's advocate because I legitimately don't know enough about funding/valuation of private equity, but it seems very plausible given how incestuous the companies have become (Tesla, SpaceX, Baillie Gifford).
https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/03/business/spacex-valuation-500-million-fundraising-round/index.html

A company that makes software for doing stupid survey was sold to someone for 8 billion dollars. I think building rockets has a lot more value.

Tesla's cars are a good value for the product. I'm in debt for a minivan. People need loans for large purchases sometimes. You blindly hate.
I don't think you appreciate the level of debt being incurred.
How much did your minivan cost?
I'm seeing loaded 2019 Dodge Grand Caravans for $35,000 MSRP
the base Tesla model 3 is going to cost people $50,000 for a sedan with 240 miles of driving range. It's considerably more debt for considerably less car.
This article I'm about to link to is a total sham piece of propaganda that I disagree with (ex. it has fake graphs that literally show nothing other than MSRP for 5 different cars based on an Elon Musk quote), however it shows you what people are doing, which is going into massive debt under the justification that it will pay for itself later. "Oh but it will last longer!" "Oh but I'll always be able to find someone to pay $150/day to rent it from me on Turo to cover my payments!" etc... Just like when random fucking morons who couldn't afford homes in 2007 thought they could afford houses.
https://insideevs.com/tesla-model-3-budget-stretch-phenomenon/

A company that makes software for doing stupid survey was sold to someone for 8 billion dollars. I think building rockets has a lot more value.
Yes that's exactly the level of analysis our world needs "bUt tHiS 0ther k0mpany wAS S0lD for 8 b1LLioN!" This is the second straight time you've tried to argue for Musk using some false measure of relative success (first thru production acceleration of Teslas compared to established production vehicles, now through company valuation comparison)
Nobody here is saying rockets are useless. I'm saying we shouldn't blindly trust Elon Musk as our rocket-guru because his industrial motivations are psychotic and self-centered, with a track record of making shit up to keep him relevant/famous rather than actually advancing society.

Just this morning Reddit managed to make a FAKE Tesla autopilot video a top 5 post in popularity. Shared/posted by the biggest Tesla/EV propaganda blog out there (one Musk retweets often).
https://electrek.co/2019/01/05/tesla-autopilot-control-sliding-ice-video/
Video is doctored and doesn't actually show anything, but makes for a good fairytale.

I don't think folks truly understand the motivation behind the cult behavior and how vocal Tesla owners have become: referral bonuses.
Tesla gives people unique referral codes to incentivize them to spam the web with Tesla content.
In exchange they get paid indirectly through perks like free electricity, free engraved momentos, promises of earning a place at a future hyperbeast product debut, meeting Musk etc... It's the same trick that got morons to sell their relatives magazines in 6th grade, or get 5 friends to sign up for Audible to earn a free iPod when those were first popular, but on a grand scale.
So then you have random evangelical idiots posting whatever the fuck they can to get clicks and attention for Tesla, including outright lies and fake videos, stunts etc..., to try to get people to make deposits on Teslas through their links. Tesla's marcom department are absolute masters of getting people to watch advertisements without realizing they are, and of the most valuable type: organic product placement. Of course Tesla can plausibly deny any involvement in the thousands of pieces of propaganda that get put out because they're not officially endorsing or paying for these advertisements. That despite offering referral bonuses as capitally expensive as a Powerwall 2 homebattery system, which would otherwise cost over $5k. So that's well above a 10% referral kickback on a $60k car. Ponzi schemish no?

For example, I found the dude who made the above fake Tesla video on facebook (Eric Laperriere, hosted from a youtube account with zero other videos). The first thing on his profile is a hyperlink for Tesla referrals.

Last edited:
Edison did important work, and I don't care for Musk being equated to Jobs (who contributed nothing towards solving mankind's central problems).

Musk is work to ween us off fossil fuels. That is an essential fight right now.
I'm saying they're pretty much all not nice people but so far, that has not seemed to deter people from using their products in any great numbers. I won't pay money for any i-shit, but I doubt there are many like me. If Musk is less awful as a person (debatable) all the more reason to not care much about negative things said about him. But one can personally not buy into the propaganda and cult of personality too, which is what I think @brackis1 is getting at.

I'm saying they're pretty much all not nice people but so far, that has not seemed to deter people from using their products in any great numbers. I won't pay money for any i-shit, but I doubt there are many like me. If Musk is less awful as a person (debatable) all the more reason to not care much about negative things said about him. But one can personally not buy into the propaganda and cult of personality too, which is what I think @brackis1 is getting at.
He's just ignorant of the science beneath these things. He just cited India as an example of a smartphone revolution in India born from Jobs when the iPhone has never cracked a 1% market share there. He didn't even appear to be aware that SMS money texting isn't smartphone-OS dependent. He literally cited "news" as a revolutionary communications service stemming from smartphones in the third world, not radio (or television).

He wildly overestimates his own grasp of these things, and of others' ability to sort "sponsored content" from legitimate news. He himself clearly lacks the knowledge set to trace the rails of relevant technological evolution.

If he was aware of my post history he would know I was for the longest time neutral on Elon, and I always perceived him as more of an Edison than a Tesla myself, ironically. I was quite tickled by the cult of personality I'd seen evolve around Elon as the "smartest man in the world" because of New York Times bestsellers. Nevertheless, this isn't what convinced me Elon had achieved the unthinkable tipping point in the transportation sector. That was when he cracked out 5k Tesla 3 models in a month as promised. After all, demand isn't problem. Providing supply while maintaining executive control is his problem. I was astonished at the celerity of it.

One shouldn't have allowed the politics of global warming to dictate their perception of Elon before, and one shouldn't allow the politics of regulation to color it, now. Timmy here is the butt of his own joke.

He's just ignorant of the science beneath these things. He just cited India as an example of a smartphone revolution in India born from Jobs when the iPhone has never cracked a 1% market share there. He didn't even appear to be aware that SMS money texting isn't smartphone-OS dependent. He literally cited "news" as a revolutionary communications service stemming from smartphones in the third world, not radio (or television).

He wildly overestimates his own grasp of these things, and of others' ability to sort "sponsored content" from legitimate news. He himself clearly lacks the knowledge set to trace the rails of relevant technological evolution.

If he was aware of my post history he would know I was for the longest time neutral on Elon, and I always perceived him as more of an Edison than a Tesla myself, ironically. I was quite tickled by the cult of personality I'd seen evolve around Elon as the "smartest man in the world" because of New York Times bestsellers. Nevertheless, this isn't what convinced me Elon had achieved the unthinkable tipping point in the transportation sector. That was when he cracked out 5k Tesla 3 models in a month as promised. After all, demand isn't problem. Providing supply while maintaining executive control is his problem. I was astonished at the celerity of it.

One shouldn't have allowed the politics of global warming to dictate their perception of Elon before, and one shouldn't allow the politics of regulation to color it, now. Timmy here is the butt of his own joke.
Well, the discussion appears to have moved beyond what I was getting at with my post, so, I'll leave it at this. He's not wrong about Musk's shameless self-promotion, the flaunting of securities laws in his tweets, and most of the other criticisms he has leveled at him in this thread. And none of your posts I saw contradicted any of them; instead you opined on a different question entirely, whether his assholery to innovator ratio was any better or worse than Steve Job's. That is an interesting discussion, but it was an aside from the main point, given the premise of the OP.

I don't think you appreciate the level of debt being incurred.
How much did your minivan cost?
I'm seeing loaded 2019 Dodge Grand Caravans for $35,000 MSRP
the base Tesla model 3 is going to cost people $50,000 for a sedan with 240 miles of driving range. It's considerably more debt for considerably less car.
This article I'm about to link to is a total sham piece of propaganda that I disagree with (ex. it has fake graphs that literally show nothing other than MSRP for 5 different cars based on an Elon Musk quote), however it shows you what people are doing, which is going into massive debt under the justification that it will pay for itself later. "Oh but it will last longer!" "Oh but I'll always be able to find someone to pay $150/day to rent it from me on Turo to cover my payments!" etc... Just like when random fucking morons who couldn't afford homes in 2007 thought they could afford houses.
https://insideevs.com/tesla-model-3-budget-stretch-phenomenon/

It compares well to 50,000 dollar ICE cars. Hater.

Let Elon bang, bros.

Other companies are building electric vehicles too; the idea he is some special snowflake is a fairytale.
Musk has spent over a decade to build a sports car with a touchscreen where you can play arcade games. But of course if you ask him, it's a life or death matter the civilization depends on.
they only did because the writing was on the wall, and that Musk was doing it. Keep in mind, that the electric car originated long long ago, then got scrapped. It miraculously came back after musk built his supercar.

while the idea wasnt new, making it happen did change the whole market.

I've seen this many times, and while many undermine jobs in the same way, having a vision and actually carrying it out arent the same. Jobs and Musk have carried out some of their vision to a very high level.

Zuckerberg stole FB, but without his vision, it would have never been the giant it is today.

smartphones werent new, they existed for years, then Jobs creates the ultimate smartphone. Electric cars werent new, then Musk creates the ultimate brand of electric vehicles. Musk may very well go bankrupt one day, but he's already achieved high level of success and forever changed the market. Jobs is dead so...

Yes that's exactly the level of analysis our world needs "bUt tHiS 0ther k0mpany wAS S0lD for 8 b1LLioN!" This is the second straight time you've tried to argue for Musk using some false measure of relative success (first thru production acceleration of Teslas compared to established production vehicles, now through company valuation comparison)
Nobody here is saying rockets are useless. I'm saying we shouldn't blindly trust Elon Musk as our rocket-guru because his industrial motivations are psychotic and self-centered, with a track record of making shit up to keep him relevant/famous rather than actually advancing society.

Just this morning Reddit managed to make a FAKE Tesla autopilot video a top 5 post in popularity. Shared/posted by the biggest Tesla/EV propaganda blog out there (one Musk retweets often).
https://electrek.co/2019/01/05/tesla-autopilot-control-sliding-ice-video/
Video is doctored and doesn't actually show anything, but makes for a good fairytale.

I don't think folks truly understand the motivation behind the cult behavior and how vocal Tesla owners have become: referral bonuses.
Tesla gives people unique referral codes to incentivize them to spam the web with Tesla content.
In exchange they get paid indirectly through perks like free electricity, free engraved momentos, promises of earning a place at a future hyperbeast product debut, meeting Musk etc... It's the same trick that got morons to sell their relatives magazines in 6th grade, or get 5 friends to sign up for Audible to earn a free iPod when those were first popular, but on a grand scale.
So then you have random evangelical idiots posting whatever the fuck they can to get clicks and attention for Tesla, including outright lies and fake videos, stunts etc..., to try to get people to make deposits on Teslas through their links. Tesla's marcom department are absolute masters of getting people to watch advertisements without realizing they are, and of the most valuable type: organic product placement. Of course Tesla can plausibly deny any involvement in the thousands of pieces of propaganda that get put out because they're not officially endorsing or paying for these advertisements. That despite offering referral bonuses as capitally expensive as a Powerwall 2 homebattery system, which would otherwise cost over $5k. So that's well above a 10% referral kickback on a $60k car. Ponzi schemish no?

For example, I found the dude who made the above fake Tesla video on facebook (Eric Laperriere, hosted from a youtube account with zero other videos). The first thing on his profile is a hyperlink for Tesla referrals.

So genius level marketing? That is free?

Why didn't you but stock long ago?

You keep losing.

Well, the discussion appears to have moved beyond what I was getting at with my post, so, I'll leave it at this. He's not wrong about Musk's shameless self-promotion, the flaunting of securities laws in his tweets, and most of the other criticisms he has leveled at him in this thread. And none of your posts I saw contradicted any of them; instead you opined on a different question entirely, whether his assholery to innovator ratio was any better or worse than Steve Job's. That is an interesting discussion, but it was an aside from the main point, given the premise of the OP.
This.
Mick you're desperate mate.

Back