Social WTF Elon ????????????????

I'm not furiously googling. Kenya is a well-known example of mass deployment of smartphones for alternative banking and a bunch of rideshare startups (from my ongoing hatred of Uber, much like Tesla. Also because I have an unhealthy hatred of a company called SamaSource that runs outsourcing for Facebook and Walmart in Nairobi under the umbrella of "nonprofit tech training"), which is why it got picked. I used India because they're the largest example. Was it advancing before smartphones? Sure. Were car batteries getting going before Musk? Yes too. Want me to talk about my friend working in emerging SE Markets for a FAANG company where he says everything is done on mobile? (I wouldn't want to bust his NDA)
It's rich that you want to talk infrastructure on smartphones and belittle Jobs/iPhones impact, but give so much credit to Musk in the broader scheme of alternative energy like he is the hero.
Have the cake or eat it: either Jobs and Musk are both gods of industrial advancement, or they're both figureheads with decent ability to have final say in design meetings who then get to advertise on behalf of their company at events.

As I've already said: I DON'T LIKE JOBS OR APPLE, BUT IF WE'RE GOING TO PLAY HERO WORSHIP AND ATTRIBUTE FIRST-TO-MASS-MARKET PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT TO CHARISTMASTIC CEOS, MUSK IS WELL BEHIND JOBS UNTIL TESLA IS MASS-ADOPTED. Your attempt to deflect my point by crying about smartphones as unhealthy for western world teenage addicts is riiiiich and has nothing to do with my point. Are cars making people lazy and exercise less too? Yep. Would that be a weak as fuck argument for why electronic cars are bad given the numerous positives? Yes again.

The overhype CEO tech cult comparison between Musk/Tesla/EVs and Jobs/iPhone/smartphones works well:
-Tesla is Apple (slick, relies on celebrity endorsements for fashion/status, hotshot CEO, sells simplicity as luxury, hardware outsourced to other companies, fancy mall-placement showrooms, proprietary chargers)
-Prius is the Blackberry (halfway there...ahead of its time...made fun of as nerdy/ugly)
-Panasonic is closest to Android/Google, or possibly Samsung (batteries as an OS for tons of companies to mass-adopt, or if we use the Samsung comparison for being the chipset backbone of the phone industry for the 2010s for Tesla/Apple manufacturing).

I'm truly perplexed what sort of logic you're trying to invoke by claiming I'm a libtard who reads too much about Musk. Are you really that confused dude? Did you not read this whole thread where I compared Teslas supporters to the Southpark episode for being smug liberals? I'm chiding "libtards" who read too much about Musk without invoking critical thought about the technologies he promises, the deadlines, the cost, the government involvement, the labor rights for his workers, him faking a cave rescue and calling some a pedo etc...
Half is my disdain for rich scam artists, the other half is my research valuation as an active equities market participant (which I've already mentioned multiple times, but somehow ended up with me being a stupid libtard).

Happy New Year.
Again, Kenya is an example of SMS-based money lending. This technology predated Jobs's iPhone. They aren't working on iPhones in third world markets, and that breed of cellular "smartphone" technology predated the iPhone. You keep crediting Jobs for something he didn't invent, and he isn't responsible for bringing to the mass market.

It's desperate, and it reveals your tremendous ignorance.

Again, Kenya is an example of SMS-based money lending. This technology predated Jobs's iPhone. They aren't working on iPhones in third world markets, and that breed of cellular "smartphone" technology predated the iPhone. You keep crediting Jobs for something he didn't invent, and he isn't responsible for bringing to the mass market.

It's desperate, and it reveals your tremendous ignorance.
Again; I don't actually credit Jobs with inventing SMS tech....JUST LIKE I DON'T CREDIT MUSK WITH CREATING ELECTRONIC VEHICLE TECH. Did you ignore my entire post and focus in on Kenya SMS because that's all you've got to stand on?
How is this so absolutely hard for you dude? Both pushed their industries as hype men for companies that market to rich people. And that makes me desperate for accurately pointing out the comparisons?
I'm still in total awe of you trying to argue that Tesla has had more impact on the world than the iPhone; that's some transmission fluid level kool-aid. Then again you claim to live in NorCal, the nucleus of the fanboi hype.

But it's okay. You folks are a dime a dozen and have been sipping this same drivel for years. People left and right think Musk invented solar, invented online payment, has a working hyperloop model, designed rockets etc... because they want to feel good. They want a hero. Just like we want Ronda Rousey to be a world class boxer because she "has the fundamental understanding of greatness and natural gifts".
I mean look at the shit being pumped out by financial outlets; they try to credit him with inventing internet phonecalls too lol:
https://www.cnbc.com/2015/11/13/elon-musks-10-greatest-inventions-changing-the-world.html?slide=1

SpaceX and Tesla, and Apple for that matter, have THOUSANDS of electrical and mechanical engineers working on this shit. They are the brightest math and science minds in the world and they are the reason our tech is advancing. None of them have the ability to stand on a stage and deliver a clever marketing powerpoint, nor are any of them networking in the boardroom or at a private social clubs or hollywood events, because they're stuck in front of a desk doing an assigned task. And that's where Musk steps in and it allows him to pull the same ruse across multiple companies.
One of my friends just retired/quit working at SSL (Innovative Spacecraft Systems); dude is the smartest guy I know in the science realm. He spent 2500 hours programming to help launch a highfrequency communications satellite in one year alone. He regularly agrees with my analysis of Musk/Muskfans as pop-science reddit dilettantes. I'll stick to skepticism with him and you can keep pretending a $60,000 sedan has done more for the world than the iPhone lol.

Last edited:
Again; I don't actually credit Jobs with inventing SMS tech....JUST LIKE I DON'T CREDIT MUSK WITH CREATING ELECTRONIC VEHICLE TECH. Did you ignore my entire post and focus in on Kenya SMS because that's all you've got to stand on?
How is this so absolutely hard for you dude? Both pushed their industries as hype men for companies that market to rich people. And that makes me desperate for accurately pointing out the comparisons?
I'm still in total awe of you trying to argue that Tesla has had more impact on the world than the iPhone; that's some transmission fluid level kool-aid. Then again you claim to live in NorCal, the nucleus of the fanboi hype.

But it's okay. You folks are a dime a dozen and have been sipping this same drivel for years. People left and right think Musk invented solar, invented online payment, has a working hyperloop model, designed rockets etc... because they want to feel good. They want a hero. Just like we want Ronda Rousey to be a world class boxer because she "has the fundamental understanding of greatness and natural gifts".
I mean look at the shit being pumped out by financial outlets; they try to credit him with inventing internet phonecalls too lol:
https://www.cnbc.com/2015/11/13/elon-musks-10-greatest-inventions-changing-the-world.html?slide=1

SpaceX and Tesla, and Apple for that matter, have THOUSANDS of electrical and mechanical engineers working on this shit. They are the brightest math and science minds in the world and they are the reason our tech is advancing. None of them have the ability to stand on a stage and deliver a clever marketing powerpoint, nor are any of them networking in the boardroom or at a private social clubs or hollywood events, because they're stuck in front of a desk doing an assigned task. And that's where Musk steps in and it allows him to pull the same ruse across multiple companies.
One of my friends just retired/quit working at SSL (Innovative Spacecraft Systems); dude is the smartest guy I know in the science realm. He spent 2500 hours programming to help launch a highfrequency communications satellite in one year alone. He regularly agrees with my analysis of Musk/Muskfans as pop-science reddit dilettantes. I'll stick to skepticism with him and you can keep pretending a $60,000 sedan has done more for the world than the iPhone lol.
The difference is the tech that Elon is popularizing and bringing to market is what will be copied, and used to change the world.

Jobs didn't invent the internet, radio, cell technology, SMS, banking, or the phone platforms actually being implemented in those countries, but due to your profound ignorance, probably because you have been engorging yourself on Apple propaganda for the past decade, you owed to him the SMS money-lending revolution in banking taking in place in Kenya.

Write as many walls of text as you like; it won't rob you of this grave you dug yourself. You're a parody of your own invective.

The difference is the tech that Elon is popularizing and bringing to market is what will be copied, and used to change the world.

Jobs didn't invent the internet, radio, cell technology, SMS, banking, or the phone platforms actually being implemented in those countries, but due to your profound ignorance, probably because you have been engorging yourself on Apple propaganda for the past decade, you owed to him the SMS money-lending revolution in banking taking in place in Kenya.

Write as many walls of text as you like; it won't rob you of this grave you dug yourself. You're a parody of your own invective.
Engorging myself in Jobs propaganda?
How many times do I need to repeat myself dude? I hate Jobs and Apple. I own an iPhone because it's the prevailing consumer device, not because I think someone invented it or thanks to a tax credit. I also hate Musk and Tesla. And have stated I would still buy a Tesla if they ended up with a decent prevailing consumer auto.
You are incapable of comprehending my posts and everytime you reply to accuse me of being something I've literally stated in the prior post as being against. I've laid out numerous examples, comparisons, articles, informed opinions etc...

Engorging myself in Jobs propaganda?
How many times do I need to repeat myself dude? I hate Jobs and Apple.
Yet you regurgitate propaganda about his effect on the global market due to your ignorance of cellphone technology.

It's a pity your understanding of these technologies is so superficial, but it's not surprising you have developed a complex where you overestimate your grasp of global market affairs.

Yet you regurgitate propaganda about his effect on the global market due to your ignorance of cellphone technology.

It's a pity your understanding of these technologies is so superficial, but it's not surprising you have developed a complex where you overestimate your grasp of global market affairs.
lol I've laid out a bevy of valid points about the EV market, product marketing, debt obligations and so forth.
I am truly dumbfounded that you can't understand what I'm talking about when I point to Musk trying to emulate the success of Jobs in conning people into making them figureheads of an emerging technology that they didn't create using a flagship product.
Then again, this lack of awareness would go along with my thesis that the average brand loyalist is dumb as rocks.

Keep pitying me if you want: you're clearly a Musk fanboi now that a few other old Musk threads have come to light, and I'm obviously anti-Musk. I still want to own an electric car and would be fine with owning a Tesla if they developed a cheap car with honestly marketed features, good range, repairs/parts were around etc...

Last edited:
How that Tesla stock doing today Micky?
Once again, we're watching a dude fleece us out of our prevailing technology in the midst of a global slowdown by selling luxury cars.
(I cashed my shorts and expect Musk to pump the stock again)

Last edited:
How that Tesla stock doing today Micky?
Once again, we're watching a dude fleece us out of our prevailing technology in the midst of a global slowdown by selling luxury cars.
(I cashed my shorts and expect Musk to pump the stock again)

Yeah, once it gets near 370, time to sell. Jobs is actually better than Musk imo. Musk is scattered. Lacks focus. Jobs built a better company. Focus and innovation are about saying NO. Buffett said the difference between successful people and really successful people is that really successful people say no to nearly almost everything. Musk is all over the place and the sum of his businesses is less than its parts. He really needs to watch this video. Musk says yes way too much. And doesn't deliver on top of it. He promises everything. Gonna rescue those kids. Fix Flint's water. Warren Buffet's word means something for example. His reputation. Musk's is shit.

And many of these ideas you must say no to are good ideas. You have to say no to many good ideas. It is hard for me personally. There are tons of good companies out there but I can't own them all and have to pass on some.

Last edited:
Yeah, once it gets near 370, time to sell. Jobs is actually better than Musk imo. Musk is scattered. Lacks focus. Jobs built a better company. Focus and innovation are about saying NO. Buffett said the difference between successful people and really successful people is that really successful people say no to nearly almost everything. Musk is all over the place and the sum of his businesses is less than its parts. He really needs to watch this video. Musk says yes way too much. And doesn't deliver on top of it. He promises everything. Gonna rescue those kids. Fix Flint's water. Warren Buffet's word means something for example. His reputation. Musk's is shit.

And many of these ideas you must say no to are good ideas. You have to say no to many good ideas. It is hard for me personally. There are tons of good companies out there but I can't own them all and have to pass on some.

It will be interesting to see if casual investors (the type who just buy apple or GE) who have been making money on Tesla are going to start getting squeamish now that their golden goose is in question with regard to facts and finances. Thus far it's been "short sellers" and "the market" Musk could blame. Then again, he probably has at least a few more hype-beast cards to play and that's what I'm betting on. Probably gets to 340 if I had to guess (from 310 now) off those things before their next numbers release is forced.

It will be interesting to see if casual investors (the type who just buy apple or GE) who have been making money on Tesla are going to start getting squeamish now that their golden goose is in question with regard to facts and finances. Thus far it's been "short sellers" and "the market" Musk could blame. Then again, he probably has at least a few more hype-beast cards to play and that's what I'm betting on. Probably gets to 340 if I had to guess (from 310 now) off those things before their next numbers release is forced.
Damn posted this a few minutes before Apple got WRECKED on iPhone sales in China.
Will be interesting if this carries over to Tesla and others who are heavily leveraged on China growth.

Honestly you couldn't have validated me any more Micky than to have tried to reply with a Musk tweet quoted in a Jordan Peterson subreddit. (but I guess I'm the one who is a 'parody of my own invective'? bahahah)

oh btw: that stupid little iPhone you claim isn't as important as your luxury car just tanked the entire NASDAQ on a sales miss.
I'm surprised you keep coming back to this after being proven continually wrong. Almost as wrong as when we disagreed weeks ago on whether the economy was slowing. How those US manufacturing numbers doing today?

Flint water: Courting Michigan for factory subsidies
Thai pedo sub stunt: Performed the day before showing up in Asia to announce a new factory
UK hospital giveaway of childrens toy teslas: Prechristmas toy ad + 1 month before Tesla debuts in the country.

But yawn; there's nothing I can do to stop a zealot from believing these super rich guys are in it to create jobs for random joes. It's especially funny given how afraid Musk is of labor rights.

I was wrong about one thing: Tesla stock still tanking when I thought Musk would have come out with a new tweet by now to stop it.

Last edited:
Damn posted this a few minutes before Apple got WRECKED on iPhone sales in China.
Will be interesting if this carries over to Tesla and others who are heavily leveraged on China growth.

Steve Jobs was the muscle of Apple. Cook is too soft. I am buying Apple at these prices btw.

Steve Jobs was the muscle of Apple. Cook is too soft. I am buying Apple at these prices btw.
yeah I just got in on it too. Honestly I don't fault Cook too much; there's only so much saturation for fancy phones. Just like there's only so much saturation for fancy cars. Then you've got the US-China thing to potentially kill sales due to nationalism toward ZTE Huawei etc...
Proud of myself for shorting AMD 1 minute after the announcement yesterday.
Was shocked to see Netflix up.

Last edited:
yeah I just got in on it too.

netgear dropped more than 30% yesterday. and down about 45% on the year. I am nibbling on that. glad i sold it but now am back in. buying some more msft too.

Netgear drop was long before Apple news too. It is about flat today which is better than most stocks. I'm gonna buy amazon here for the first time too. Loaded up on Sirius as well. I did a good swing on ford when it was 7.60. Bought a few hundred shares and sold them the next day for like $50 profit. Plan on maybe selling Sirius covered calls. JPM just upgraded them.

I just read that Zuck is stopping his regular selling of shares cuz FB price is so low. He sells a lot.

If you don't see how Apple changed the world. Our entire world is in a trance. Look everywhere you are and what people are doing. You will see this everywhere:

articleReese_1.jpg

9d3a801107e058ad8e077e2a9de243a6.jpg

yeah I just got in on it too. Honestly I don't fault Cook too much; there's only so much saturation for fancy phones. Just like there's only so much saturation for fancy cars. Then you've got the US-China thing to potentially kill sales due to nationalism toward ZTE Huawei etc...

Oh, I forgot to mention that Tesla isn't in the S and P 500. Which surprised me. They will probably end up there soon but yeah, Apple is a market mover and leader. Tesla is not.

Apple gets a ton of money for services. Fortnite. 30% of everything. Google Play allows apps to be installed outside their app store so they aint making any money on Fortnite. You know how much nerds spend on games? Android allows you to install apps not through their app store. And Fortnite is going around their app store. No 30% for Google. An executive was asked why they didn't go around Apple. He said he would if they could. But they can't.

All these pay to win games. cha ching. 30% for apple on every transaction. And Snapchat, which still is the biggest with teens, is basically an iphone app. Android version sucks. It was designed for iPhone and they have been slow making a good android version. Terrible management at that company. They should have had a good Android version a long time ago.

Last edited:
im gonna make a stock market thread so we can talk about this shit. stocks. musk. iphones

Back