Social WTF Elon ????????????????

Meh -- he's a VC; they strive for 1 out of 7 exits.

On another note, our company could use a Wennmachers.
I was not speaking to his success rate; I was speaking to whether I would TRUST him given his success rate and behaviors.

Musk is asking people to put faith in him and his business through subsidies and overly positive sentiment given some of the pretty insane stuff he has done. Our automotive future is not 1 in 7. It needs to be 1 for 1; and that means a diversification of subsidies for R&D, not giving Musk tons of money to hype up his Sedans with lame apps.
How many right wing turd cry about poor people buying things with food stamps? Meanwhile this guy is beloved for getting big money to furnish rich people with new cars and continue down the road of engaging that market segment rather than trying to unify workers and existing automotive people under honest pretense that include limited profitability in the short term. That type of project is one I'm interested in, including a nationalized grid of charging stations and/or battery swapping stations.

In many ways I actually applaud him for being a slick enough con to get so many dumb as shit public figures into electric cars, but I don't want him getting another dime to continue EVs toward his fantasy designs so obviously catering to people like himself who have never existed outside the upper class (including when he was "broke").

Last edited:
I was not speaking to his success rate; I was speaking to whether I would TRUST him given his success rate and behaviors.

Musk is asking people to put faith in him and his business through subsidies and overly positive sentiment given some of the pretty insane stuff he has done. Our automotive future is not 1 in 7. It needs to be 1 for 1; and that means a diversification of subsidies for R&D, not giving Musk tons of money to hype up his Sedans with lame apps.
How many right wing turd cry about poor people buying things with food stamps? Meanwhile this guy is beloved for getting big money to furnish rich people with new cars and continue down the road of engaging that market segment rather than trying to unify workers and existing automotive people under honest pretense that include limited profitability in the short term. That type of project is one I'm interested in, including a nationalized grid of charging stations and/or battery swapping stations.

In many ways I actually applaud him for being a slick enough con to get so many dumb as shit public figures into electric cars, but I don't want him getting another dime to continue EVs toward his fantasy designs so obviously catering to people like himself who have never existed outside the upper class (including when he was "broke").

If you think he's a dick now, you see what he was like in 2000. CNN did a special called "Silicon Gold Rush" and he just came off as a complete dick. It was pretty laughable. A guy I went to school with (he was 3 yrs ahead of me in the same program) was also in the CNN special and came out the polar opposite of Musk.

If you think he's a dick now, you see what he was like in 2000. CNN did a special called "Silicon Gold Rush" and he just came off as a complete dick. It was pretty laughable. A guy I went to school with (he was 3 yrs ahead of me in the same program) was also in the CNN special and came out the polar opposite of Musk.
Yeah it's really funny knowing people before they start becoming a TV persona.

I have friends who went to HS with famous vlogger Tyler Oakley and say it's all an act. I went to HS with a kid who had parents worth over 100 mil who ended up on a Forbes 30 Under 30 list and a SXSW keynote spot for being a "self made startup entrepreneur" lol.

Now back to Musk/Tesla...they're getting so desperate for promotional stunts now that they'll give you free charging at one of their random charging stations if you BUY A CAR WITHOUT A TEST DRIVE. lol Most companies are begging you to come into their dealership and checkout their products; offering incentives to do so. Tesla is doing this why exactly? I'm guessing it's because their sales process and showrooms are a shitshow and they don't have staffing for it. I recently moved to LA and have been going to the Burbank Ikea for home furnishings and have noticed the Tesla showroom next door is so poorly designed that they're relying on putting cones in the street to steal public parking in order to have cars at their dealership.

https://abc7.com/automotive/burbank-residents-frustrated-by-tesla-parking-conflict/4924916/

Yeah it's really funny knowing people before they start becoming a TV persona.

I have friends who went to HS with famous vlogger Tyler Oakley and say it's all an act. I went to HS with a kid who had parents worth over 100 mil who ended up on a Forbes 30 Under 30 list and a SXSW keynote spot for being a "self made startup entrepreneur" lol.

Now back to Musk/Tesla...they're getting so desperate for promotional stunts now that they'll give you free charging at one of their random charging stations if you BUY A CAR WITHOUT A TEST DRIVE. lol Most companies are begging you to come into their dealership and checkout their products; offering incentives to do so. Tesla is doing this why exactly? I'm guessing it's because their sales process and showrooms are a shitshow and they don't have staffing for it. I recently moved to LA and have been going to the Burbank Ikea for home furnishings and have noticed the Tesla showroom next door is so poorly designed that they're relying on putting cones in the street to steal public parking in order to have cars at their dealership.

https://abc7.com/automotive/burbank-residents-frustrated-by-tesla-parking-conflict/4924916/

What happened to their notes that were coming due? I just assume they are a cesspool of accounting fraud and the dam will break one day. Have you ever looked at their balance sheet?

Meh -- he's a VC; they strive for 1 out of 7 exits.

On another note, our company could use a Wennmachers.

I wanna be a VC. Are you saying they are happy with only 1 out of 7 investments working? Paul Tudor Jones plays with 5.

: 5:1 (risk /reward). Five to one means I’m risking one dollar to make five. What five to one does is allow you to have a hit ratio of 20%. I can actually be a complete imbecile. I can be wrong 80% of the time, and I’m still not going to lose.

I wanna be a VC. Are you saying they are happy with only 1 out of 7 investments working? Paul Tudor Jones plays with 5.

: 5:1 (risk /reward). Five to one means I’m risking one dollar to make five. What five to one does is allow you to have a hit ratio of 20%. I can actually be a complete imbecile. I can be wrong 80% of the time, and I’m still not going to lose.

They may not say that 1 out of 7 is the target, but that's basically what it works out to. In reality and on paper, it' s all about the hurdle and the carry. If you aren't familiar with those terms, look them up. THe hurdle is typically 8% and the carry 20%. Now that that is out of the way, the real game is fees and the amount of capital you can raise from/for the GP. You can be a VC tomorrow if you can raise money from investors for your fund.

Why don't you actually start a company or work at one, that would put you ahead of 90% of turds who work for VCs.

What happened to their notes that were coming due? I just assume they are a cesspool of accounting fraud and the dam will break one day. Have you ever looked at their balance sheet?
They seemed confident they would be able to repay their March 2019 notes with stocks for the most part. I doubt that happens anymore. I don't know enough about it other than the agreement for for $358 a share and they're currently hovering around 300.

https://www.thestreet.com/technolog...o-repay-debt-in-half-cash-half-stock-14803618

Last edited:
But don't you realize that capitalism is the bestest, most awesome, meritocratic economic system ever possible ever?

He's a billionaire and you're not, so obviously he's super smart and you're just a great big dummy dumb

Elon seems emotionally unstable imo

No wonder why he's divorced the same woman twice (lmao)

This thread should be renamed “brackis vs musk fans.”

Have you ridden a subway in a major city? Fuck t

You realize he started PayPal, SolarCity and Space X?

He does more than sell luxury cars

Granted he doesn’t hit on every idea but the man sees a problem and creates a solution
Yeah the guy is our generations Henry Ford or Tesla. His whole basis for all these companies, is to slow the rate we are destroying the earth, until mankind can establish itself on Mars and Beyond. Musk fully intends to move to Mars, and help build a sustainable planet there. Tesla, Space X, Boring Co, ect... are all just to fund development of Space X rocket technology. There's a reason Space X hasn't gone public to raise money, and instead has had to prove itself to achieve funding and government and private contracts. He doesn't want to risk losing control of his project from a board and investors, because his ultimate goal isn't to make money with Space X, its to get to Mars. Imagine what NASA could do if it had someone like him leading them.

An excellent biography came out last year on Musk. I highly recommend it.
Elon Musk: Tesla, SpaceX, and the Quest for a Fantastic Future
https://www.amazon.com/Elon-Musk-Sp...UTF8&qid=1545811845&sr=8-3&keywords=elon+musk

This thread should be renamed “brackis vs musk fans.”
"Brackis mops floor with McMann and Musk"
Yeah the guy is our generations Henry Ford or Tesla. His whole basis for all these companies, is to slow the rate we are destroying the earth, until mankind can establish itself on Mars and Beyond. Musk fully intends to move to Mars, and help build a sustainable planet there. Tesla, Space X, Boring Co, ect... are all just to fund development of Space X rocket technology. There's a reason Space X hasn't gone public to raise money, and instead has had to prove itself to achieve funding and government and private contracts. He doesn't want to risk losing control of his project from a board and investors, because his ultimate goal isn't to make money with Space X, its to get to Mars. Imagine what NASA could do if it had someone like him leading them.

An excellent biography came out last year on Musk. I highly recommend it.
Elon Musk: Tesla, SpaceX, and the Quest for a Fantastic Future
https://www.amazon.com/Elon-Musk-Sp...UTF8&qid=1545811845&sr=8-3&keywords=elon+musk
Have you ever taken a step back and analyzed the cult behaviors at hand?
You're ordaining some dude as our generation's equivalent of the people who were literally some of the greatest advancers of industry in the history of the world, then telling people to read a book about the leader of the cult.
These biographies and declarations are horse-before-cart celebrity worship. I'll happily eat my crow if the guy brings something INTO ACTUAL WORKING ORDER that advances the human condition in a manner not otherwise available through other companies.

Tesla makes good cars. They are the safest cars on the road. They all have incredible acceleration. They look pretty nice.

Brackis had his mom run over by one?

Tesla makes good cars. They are the safest cars on the road. They all have incredible acceleration. They look pretty nice.

Brackis had his mom run over by one?
Nothing you said is wrong.
I agree. Can you read?
Musk sucks and is a conman presiding over a huge company of amazing engineers and workers selling LUXURY CARS. Not shit cars. Not world saving cars. LUXURY CARS FOR INDIVIDUAL RICH PEOPLE TO BUY.

In fact I flipped my short position to a buy @ $311 per share today when I saw people getting excited and the propaganda articles getting pumped out this morning.
It will shoot up if the market stabilizes, then I'll short it again in anticipation of factual negative news.

Last edited:
Back