Would you be surprised if Gaethje defeats Nurmagomedov?

Let's say, less surprised than if anyone else in the roster defeats him...
Pretty much. Gaethje has been the theorized best matchup against khabib. That said, anybody beating khabib right now would be pretty crazy.

Yes, a lot. Khabib has never lost.

I would not be surprised if Gaethje won. He has good takedown defense and better striking than Khabib. He is a more active fighter, and I believe Khabib will eventually lose and it will be to a lesser thought of fighter. I think Justin, the rockem sockem robot, is the man to dethrone the Rooskie and I cant wait for them to finally fight!

Whilst I was unsure if he'd beat Ferguson, based on his past approach, I'd favour Justin by far with a better chance than Ferguson vs. Kebab.

However. I still favour Khabob. About 75/25

def. No ,
it would be a very big surprise if Conor would do it but as expected Khabib beat the shit out of him

Only if it's by submission.

Note: I also wouldn't be surprised if Tony, Conor, or Poirier beat him.

Khabib's wrestling gives him an advantage, but any of those 4 could catch him and sleep him. Just because it hasn't happened yet doesn't mean it won't.

For example, if halfway through Big Nog's career someone started a thread like "would you be surprised if Frank Mir beats him by both KO and Sub?".

Would you be surprised if Gaethje defeats Nurmagomedov?
It would be surprising to see Khabib lost at all considering it hasn't happened in 28 fights, but if anyone has the tools to do it it's Gaethje.

I know it's a bit of a cliche at this point but given the volatility of MMA and the level of skill of those at the top there's few results that would be all that shocking.

I think most people would be surprised to see a dominant and undefeated champion lose. Odds are not with Justin.

Yes, and no.

Yes because Khabib is the LW Goat
No because Justin can punch hard and has been evolving rapidly. Very Henryesque.

Not really , I’ve always felt he represents one of the hardest potential fights for Khabib

Yes. But not necessarily in a "I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT JUST HAPPENED!" sort of way. I think Justin has a slightly better chance than Poirier had to beat him.

If you’re surprised by any fighter beating any other fighter. You are the definition of a casual noob.

So, NO.

I expect Khabib to win, though.

I'll be surprised but not shocked. Mr. Gay Cheese definately has a chance.

He's a bigger challenge than Dustin or (lol) Conor but I did think Tony's style was better suited to taking Khabib on.

Anyway it's a great matchup. It's a treat to watch either of them fight.

Yes. He has a punchers chance of course but Khabib should win in dominant fashion.

Khabib is better than ever, and he beats Justin easy.

Not really. I can see how both could win.

I think Khabib should rightfully be favored to win the fight but would not be surprised if Gaedjthe wins it. It will be closer than most people think. I suspect Khabib is going to wrestlefuck Gaedjthe once his gas tank runs out but we haven't seen Gaedjthe's defensive wrestling. If he is able to shuck Khabib off long enough to get his leg kicks and boxing going it will be an interesting fight.

If Justin wins, most of us will be happy as he has a lot of fans (I'm a fan of Khabib too but Justin's style is just too much fun) but the happiest person on the planet will be McGregor...

He has the best chance of anyone at 155 so I wouldn't be surprised as such, but I do still expect Khabib to beat him

I'd be surprised if anyone at 155 or lower defeaded Khabib (and probably most of 170 guys too) - but not shocked if Justin did it. So that's a compliment at Justins chances actually.

Back