Would you be surprised if Gaethje defeats Nurmagomedov?

he will be taken down and you can't KO when you are getting humped like that
{<BJPeen}<{CMPALM}>

It's mma. We've seen bigger upsets that this. I woudn't be surprised if Justin lands one strike to put Khabib out, it happens all the time.

I think Justin is going to win. The fight is going to look like Rousey vs Holm

No, I've been saying that I think that he is a bad match up for khabib, we've not yet seen any grappling from Gaethje but what we do know is he is at a very high level of wrestling, and may have enough of a background to fend off takedowns that other khabib challengers could not. I think it will definitely be a good one, khabib is not going to try to stand with Gaethje than anymore than 30 seconds into round 1, we know that so we will just have to see if gaethje can get up/ and or not get taken down often.

Yes and no. I would be surprised no matter who beat Khabib, but I do feel like Gaethje has the best chance of pulling it off.

Clicked on the thread thinking TS wrote "Would you be surprised if Gaethje defeats Ngannou?"

I am disappointed.

Would you be surprised if Gaethje defeats Nurmagomedov?
Yes, pleasantly suprised. Nothing against Khabib. Justin has grown on me when I initially thought he was a heavy handed meathead.

No.

Nor would I be usprised if Khabib wins.

Nope. Even confident enough to put some money on it

Khabib gets a bit tired in a 5 rd fight, or so it looked against Iaquinta.

If I were JG I would take Khabib down asap or try to just let Khabib know there is a threat and maybe loosen up his stand up defense. Throw leg kicks at the end of punching combos to avoid being taken down. Circle instead of move back to keep the fight off the cage. Throw a lot of short hooks, uppercuts, knee strikes to connect if Khabib shoots, to make him hesitate.

I think if JG fights smart he can make this a tough fight win or lose. If he has the power to hurt Khabib he can win. If not it will tough unless he can figure out a way to out point Khabib. Maybe trying to fight like Khabib would a great strategy. Take him down early & try to beat him up.

I would be surprised if kabib even fights him at all. I fully expect him to ramaduck him for years till somebody takes Justin out for him and then kabib fights more gatekeeper strikers instead

Yes, Imo Gaethe is a less than version of Poirier.

Night and day difference against Khabib. Gaethje comes from a d1 . wrestling background meaning he has the ability to stop takedowns and scramble effectively. Poirier, on the other hand, doesn't have shit to do with wrestling so just another easy win for khabib. Get outta here with that casual bs.

Also, Gaethjes losses to alvarez and poirier, he was winning both fights until he got knocked out due to being fighting reckless and careless. Those fights prompted a change in his style which we saw from James Vick fight onwards. Gaethje 2.0 would beat poirier comfortably imo, he was winning first fight comfortably

Back