Would u rather live in a city or town?

would u rather

• Total voters
Oh see I’d like to live on a ranch but not for two long . Growing up did u have parties in fields ? Was it boring or always stuff to do. I’ve never been on a tractor or 4 wheeler .. I assume ranch people have both
There's just so much stuff to do from dawn till sunset. I was basically a child worker with my bro. I don't think it was ever boring but when you're kid you just felt that it was such a drag to do all the chores although it was necessary since I am going to inherited the place.

I could live anywhere as long as they have fiber-op Internet.

I don’t know all this east coast shit. I need numbers, people.

If under a million people within the city limits is considered a small city, I would say I’d prefer to live in a small city. If over 500,000 people is considered a big city, then I’ll take a big city. But I don’t like the mega cities like LA and SF (though SF’s population is maybe just under 1 million).

But cities like San Diego are great.

I do sometimes wish I could just move out to the country and get a job at like a grocery store or something. But I think I would get bored and drink too much.
I live in Lander which is a city but with a population of under 10k, so it's basically a village by your definition.

San Diego is a big city. Not medium . Second biggest in Cali. U need to get out more

Ok, then big city. That’s what’s great about San Diego though. It doesn’t feel like a big city. I guess population density is the real metric I should have used.

Ok, then big city. That’s what’s great about San Diego though. It doesn’t feel like a big city. I guess population density is the real metric I should have used.
I like pacific beach I use to go there a lot

I live in Lander which is a city but with a population of under 10k, so it's basically a village by your definition.
That’s def small city. Mine is about 60,000 and it feels small. But that’s me coming from LA, NY, Boston and not a ranch .

Yeah no work where I grew up also u less u work for the state or something ..

x7AvYdc.jpg

heres a nice picture about it,scandinavia on the left my country on the right

i grew up in dark red zone near the russian border

I’m a city guy, I grew up in the city and have always preferred it in a big city. I moved out of Boston and could have bought a mansion for the price of my house if I was willing to commute an extra 10-15 miles every day, but I didn’t want that life. Also, traffic here makes that a bigger problem than it might seem. You’re talking 2-3 hours of additional commute time every day.

I’m a city guy, I grew up in the city and have always preferred it in a big city. I moved out of Boston and could have bought a mansion for the price of my house if I was willing to commute an extra 10-15 miles every day, but I didn’t want that life. Also, traffic here makes that a bigger problem than it might seem. You’re talking 2-3 hours of additional commute time every day.
Boston mad expensive

This is something I've been struggling with. I worked my ass off to get up the cash to stay in NYC, but its proven to be even more expensive than I anticipated on an almost unrealistic scale. Most of my family are moving to small towns and I have to drive out to visit them now, but small town living doesn't fit with my lifestyle at all. My wife and I love being near ethnic groceries and 24 hour restaurants/bodegas, nevermind the constantly running data and power grid and god tier medical facilities.

There's a few places around Jersey that are a reasonable distance to NYC that have malls and stuff nearby, those seem somewhat attractive. I've also looked into cities like Jacksonville in Florida, but I don't want to go somewhere like that until my family croaks. For now I'm pushing the boulder that is the NYC cost of living, happy to be here but nervous as fuck.

Before I would choose a big city assuming I can afford it comfortably, but now with kids I rather just be in a nice suburb near by. I would consider where I live the suburbs of a very small city, however I'm about 30 miles away from what I consider a medium sized city (Sacramento) and 55 miles away from a big city (San Francisco). Not very close, but close enough to go to often. If I leave on a weekend morning it takes me about 45 min to get to San Francisco.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back