Would u rather live in a city or town?

would u rather

• Total voters

Fuzzybabyducks

Duck/pricechopper
@Gold
Reaction score
Hello.
Would you rather live in a city or small town? I live in a smaller city which is good for me . I grew up in a town. Sometimes I think it would be cool to live in some Midwest town where there is nothing but cornfields around for miles . That would probably be boring after awhile though. Anyone live like that? I’ve lived in bigger cities like San Diego and Boston and LA and NY before but I prefer smaller cities . Burlington VT type size or slightly bigger . I don’t have a cold. I like having stuff around and breweries but not too crowded . A lot of people are sick this time of year.
What’s your ideal size town or city?
Add poll
Ok i will

I like smaller towns or rural as long as I can commute under an hour to a decent sized city with things to do

Right now I live in between two moderately sized cities, but outside of both city limits in the county

I love it. One neighbor is a mile away the other is 4 miles away, so I get the feel of middle of nowhere but 30 minute drive in either direction is a lot to do

I like smaller towns or rural as long as I can commute under an hour to a decent sized city with things to do

Right now I live in between two moderately sized cities, but outside of both city limits in the county

I love it. One neighbor is a mile away the other is 4 miles away, so I get the feel of middle of nowhere but 30 minute drive in either direction is a lot to do
That’s good. I lived in a small town, two lights . Houses weren’t that far though. The nearest mall was in Kingston NY or Poughkeepsie . Like 30-45 min away . Growing up it was boring AF ( AF means as fuck) but as an adult I like going back there . A lot of celebs and rich people have homes in area because it’s small/ country and no one bothers them but also only 90 min above NYC ... we use to call them city people,

That’s good. I lived in a small town, two lights . Houses weren’t that far though. The nearest mall was in Kingston NY or Poughkeepsie . Like 30-45 min away . Growing up it was boring AF ( AF means as fuck) but as an adult I like going back there . A lot of celebs and rich people have homes in area because it’s small/ country and no one bothers them but also only 90 min above NYC ... we use to call them city people,

Yeah all my friends that grew up in really small towns hated it at the time, but miss it now
My best friend was from one of those one stop sign towns that's all corn basically and he hated it

I think a mix is good, I've lived in three larger cities at different times as an adult including NYC and while its a lot of fun, it loses its novelty for me after a bit. I prefer to visit for a while.

I like having the feeling of space from other people.

Yeah all my friends that grew up in really small towns hated it at the time, but miss it now
My best friend was from one of those one stop sign towns that's all corn basically and he hated it

I think a mix is good, I've lived in three larger cities at different times as an adult including NYC and while its a lot of fun, it loses its novelty for me after a bit. I prefer to visit for a while.

I like having the feeling of space from other people.
Big cities are cool when you are young . Now visiting nyc and Boston once a year is enough for me

I grew up on a ranch. I always go back to the family's house after I finished my projects. I can't stay in cities/metropolitan area for too long if it's not for job related purposes.

What constitutes a small city vs a big city? Like what population? Because I think I’d rather live in a small city. But people’s definitions of that are different.

I grew up on a ranch. I always go back to the family's house after I finished my projects. I can't stay in cities/metropolitan area for too long if it's not for job related purposes.
Oh see I’d like to live on a ranch but not for two long . Growing up did u have parties in fields ? Was it boring or always stuff to do. I’ve never been on a tractor or 4 wheeler .. I assume ranch people have both

What constitutes a small city vs a big city? Like what population? Because I think I’d rather live in a small city. But people’s definitions of that are different.
A small city is smaller than a big city

Think Boston ( big) vs Burlington vt . Or NYC vs Poughkeepsie

I'd like to live in a rural-ish area with wide open land and plenty of space that has quick access to a big city

Somewhere up past Napa wine country in the Bay Area would be perfect

Grew up in the Midwest. In a suburb of KC.
Lived and worked in Jacksonville/Orlando, Vegas and NYC.
Now live primarily in metro Makati.... I like both city and country, but if forced to choose on equal footing in quality of residence, I’ll take the city.

A small city is smaller than a big city

Think Boston ( big) vs Burlington vt . Or NYC vs Poughkeepsie
I don’t know all this east coast shit. I need numbers, people.

If under a million people within the city limits is considered a small city, I would say I’d prefer to live in a small city. If over 500,000 people is considered a big city, then I’ll take a big city. But I don’t like the mega cities like LA and SF (though SF’s population is maybe just under 1 million).

But cities like San Diego are great.

I do sometimes wish I could just move out to the country and get a job at like a grocery store or something. But I think I would get bored and drink too much.

I don’t know all this east coast shit. I need numbers, people.

If under a million people within the city limits is considered a small city, I would say I’d prefer to live in a small city. If over 500,000 people is considered a big city, then I’ll take a big city. But I don’t like the mega cities like LA and SF (though SF’s population is maybe just under 1 million).

But cities like San Diego are great.

I do sometimes wish I could just move out to the country and get a job at like a grocery store or something. But I think I would get bored and drink too much.
Just use common sense . If you are in a city and it’s big then it’s a big city, if it’s small than it’s a small city

Back