Would u rather live in a city or town?

would u rather

• Total voters
That’s def small city. Mine is about 60,000 and it feels small. But that’s me coming from LA, NY, Boston and not a ranch .
I love upstate NY, I was in Itacha for like 7 months and really dug the atmosphere. I enjoyed the stay at my friend's condo in Santa Ana, met lots of cool people there. Never been to Boston, sadly.

Village.

I like the idea of living in the middle of nowhere, but I'd like to have driving or train access to a town or city.

This is something I've been struggling with. I worked my ass off to get up the cash to stay in NYC, but its proven to be even more expensive than I anticipated on an almost unrealistic scale. Most of my family are moving to small towns and I have to drive out to visit them now, but small town living doesn't fit with my lifestyle at all. My wife and I love being near ethnic groceries and 24 hour restaurants/bodegas, nevermind the constantly running data and power grid and god tier medical facilities.

There's a few places around Jersey that are a reasonable distance to NYC that have malls and stuff nearby, those seem somewhat attractive. I've also looked into cities like Jacksonville in Florida, but I don't want to go somewhere like that until my family croaks. For now I'm pushing the boulder that is the NYC cost of living, happy to be here but nervous as fuck.
NYC is expensive and crowded . I loved living there when I was younger, now not so much. Like having a yard and car
A lot to do in NY though

Last edited:
NYC is expensive and crowded . I loved living there when I was younger, now not so much. Like having a yard and car
A lot to do in NY though

I do have a small yard and a shared driveway, but that's also part of where the high costs come in.

Grew up and lived in Chicago before moving here. I like big cities and have no problem with them. I like not having to drive if I don't want to and always have things open and things to do at all hours of the night.

San Diego though isn't much of a city... it's just a crowded gigantic suburb to me. There's really no middle of no where/rural here unless you move to the desert or in the mountains to the East and who wants to do that?

I'm in Jerez at the moment which is a small city of about 200,000 but it has a town vibe to it which I love. When I'm in Cardiz or Granada even though they are smaller they feel like big cities.

You shut your whore mouth!
Lol, the only time I felt like I was in an urban environment in California was in San Francisco. LA and San Diego is mostly sprawl. Then again, being from Chicago, my expectations are a bit higher in that regard.

Also lol at 60 000 people being a small city

In here you would be top 15 biggest cities in the country

Town with a good size city within driving range. Currently I live where traffic is so bad that I try to avoid driving anywhere between 4:30pm and 7:00pm during the week. I'll go get dinner at 4 just to miss traffic.....

x7AvYdc.jpg

heres a nice picture about it,scandinavia on the left my country on the right

i grew up in dark red zone near the russian border
It cracks me up that Finland is always on top of those "happiest countries" lists but everything you say contradicts it.
happiest-country.jpg

It cracks me up that Finland is always on top of those "happiest countries" lists but everything you say contradicts it.
happiest-country.jpg

Its all about the attitude

And my words have to be taken with a grain of salt because im a misfit in society

Normal guy here might think different

And i think they do those happiness studies in the capital which really isnt a good representative of this country

80 percent of people live in small towns/villages

I love upstate NY, I was in Itacha for like 7 months and really dug the atmosphere. I enjoyed the stay at my friend's condo in Santa Ana, met lots of cool people there. Never been to Boston, sadly.
I grew up “upstate” . I put that in quotes because we consider anything above the city upstate but people really far up or west don’t. It was boring growing up but I love going back now

Grew up and lived in Chicago before moving here. I like big cities and have no problem with them. I like not having to drive if I don't want to and always have things open and things to do at all hours of the night.

San Diego though isn't much of a city... it's just a crowded gigantic suburb to me. There's really no middle of no where/rural here unless you move to the desert or in the mountains to the East and who wants to do that?
Yeah I use to live in San Diego county . I liked pacific beach and the gas lamp district . But yeah cali is weird really packed on the coast and inland is very different .

Also lol at 60 000 people being a small city

In here you would be top 15 biggest cities in the country
That’s a small city here . Just the right size in my opinion . I have a good size yard and house but we have everything u need for the most part. Nightlife could be better but I’m not far from areas with better night life . We don’t have a train or anything but there is poor people buses but not many like u would see in ny or Boston

I grew up “upstate” . I put that in quotes because we consider anything above the city upstate but people really far up or west don’t. It was boring growing up but I love going back now

My fiancee is from the Utica area (mohawk) and we go back to visit her family. She couldnt wait to leave 12 years ago and moved out there. She loves visiting but can only deal with it for about a week. She says Everytime we go back that the people there look pale and miserable.

My fiancee is from the Utica area (mohawk) and we go back to visit her family. She couldnt wait to leave 12 years ago and moved out there. She loves visiting but can only deal with it for about a week. She says Everytime we go back that the people there look pale and miserable.
I do day trips I don’t even think I could do a week. Every summer I go to Saratoga lake and race track and do a weekend there . It’s great but I probably wouldn’t do over a week there either . The race track has some beautiful rich people though

Back