Would boxer Chris Algieri beat McGregor with ease....

Having a great highschool wrestling doesnt mean much these days. Hell being a great collegiate wrestler does not mean you will be great. I remember that black dude who was a 4 Time DIV III champion, got Cody McKenzied.

Too bad boxing is far more lucrative because I'd love to see him take a real run at MMA after reading this

But why on earth would he

In addition to his purses, which would be among the best in the UFC, he does not have to sign his life away to Reeobok (or his likeness to the UFC) as a boxer. He can have his own sponsors and handle all of his own business.

At this time, boxing is just a much better line of work than working for the UFC. Those fighters are about to unionize aren't they? UFC fighters are pretty unhappy.

The Khan fight was not PPV, and it did very well.

I guess your response to my question is, "No UFC fighter made that much money in his last 3 fights."

Very well? Lol it did 772k. That's worse than most UFC prelims.

Algieris credentials beat all of McGregors.
Strictly striking, Algieri clowns Conor.
He is Conor but with professional accomplishments.
And unlike Conor, he has prior grappling experience.
Stylistically Algieri is kryptonite for Conor.

I thought Overeem would destroy Rothwell as well.

If Connie Mac felt he could have made any noise in boxing, he'd have pursued that avenue (by far the richest in combat sports) then he'd have done so. This is a man so obsessed by wealth, by a luxury lifestyle that he doesn't even have - he'd be talked about as an actual Mayweather opponent if he possessed the actual talent in his original base, instead of having to shamelessly attach his name to the man in a hypothetical matchup that would never take place.

Ultimately, he knew his place, became a sloppy, third-rate kickboxer & discovered the art of draining himself down as low as possible to enjoy maximum advantage over the certified manlets at 145.

Only a small amount of the top boxers make good money. Everyone else makes as worse as the low tier ufc guys. Ufc has a more healthy middle class and their top guys make great pay, but obviously no where near mayweather.

Before u start the Conor Bless derailment.
Just look at Algieris credentials.

20-0 Pro Kickboxing, 2x World Champion
20-2 Pro Boxing, Former World Champion
All State Wrestler in high school
Black belt in Chinese Kempo.

Clearly better stand up than McGregor.
While McGregor has current experience grappling, he had none prior to joining mma.
Algieri was an all state wrestler, so he already has a good understanding of it.
5'10 72in reach.
Algieri lost to Pacquiao a year ago and was dropped 6 times in the process.
But if Pacquiao didn't KO him, i dont see McGregor doing it.

Not a boxing vs mma thing, but legitimately Algieri would be a nightmare for Conor.

EDIT: regularly trains at the same gym that Weidman trains at.

The UFC would make that guy fight every wrestler they could find before letting him near Conor.

Only a small amount of the top boxers make good money. Everyone else makes as worse as the low tier ufc guys. Ufc has a more healthy middle class and their top guys make great pay, but obviously no where near mayweather.

So you're essentially acknowledging that McGregor would have been a bum, incapable of reaching any kind of respectable level, thus not being in the position to make decent money?

Generally I find these debates over respective payouts between the two sports pretty cringey, but your post is wrong on so many levels. Leo Santa Cruz has made over two million dollars for fighting bums/soft touches in his last three fights. And I'm not bragging about that, it's a disgrace that he made that much.

True, but still beats any of Conor's credentials in striking.
kocvIe6.png
Amatuer boxing champion of Ireland doe.

You take the top 100 earning boxers vs the top 100 earning mma fighters and i bet boxing has them beat by a good distance.
Over 20 boxers will make over $1mil for a single fight this year.
How many mma fighters will?
Compare the number of boxers getting $500k a fight or more to the UFC or mma.
Its not even close.

So a two hour show peaked at 1 million and averaged 772k? Sounds like a Bellator show. There was one "prelim" on that card and it was another world title fight.

No. The main event averaged 1-million, and peaked at 1.125.

I included the link, you can read it.

I would love to see it. Conor would not want to stand with this guy. It's interesting how Amir Khan & Pac Man made Algieri look like a bum. He would do the same vs Conor in a kickboxing match.

Would love to see him come to MMA, he has a chance to do well.

Algeri held his own against Khan. He lost, but kept coming forward and landed a lot of good shots.

Algeri is one of the best boxers in the world regardless of his two big losses and would give Conor fits on the feet.

No. The main event averaged 1-million, and peaked at 1.125.

I included the link, you can read it.

It's a two hour show that included another world title fight that averaged 772k. There were no prelims.

Doing that over two hours is similar to Bellator or lower rated UFC prelims. The last two PBCs on ESPN also had million dollar title fights and were beat going live against UFC prelims and has worse demos.

Back