Would boxer Chris Algieri beat McGregor with ease....

If Connie Mac felt he could have made any noise in boxing, he'd have pursued that avenue (by far the richest in combat sports) then he'd have done so. This is a man so obsessed by wealth, by a luxury lifestyle that he doesn't even have - he'd be talked about as an actual Mayweather opponent if he possessed the actual talent in his original base, instead of having to shamelessly attach his name to the man in a hypothetical matchup that would never take place.

Ultimately, he knew his place, became a sloppy, third-rate kickboxer & discovered the art of draining himself down as low as possible to enjoy maximum advantage over the certified manlets at 145.

I have grown to like McGregor but this post is super legit.

Just remember: Those who can't box, fight in the UFC.

You take the top 100 earning boxers vs the top 100 earning mma fighters and i bet boxing has them beat by a good distance.
Over 20 boxers will make over $1mil for a single fight this year.
How many mma fighters will?
Compare the number of boxers getting $500k a fight or more to the UFC or mma.
Its not even close.

It always depends where you are. If you are a boxer in America and are not world championship level and don't fight at 140-154 you pretty much don't exist.

I swear some of you people are fucking retarded.

Having accomplishments in different combat sports doesn't mean you are going to be successful at putting it all together. There have been strikers who have come over to MMA and been outstruck by fighters they were supposed to steamroll. Also, being a good high school wrestler doesn't really mean anything, especially when you're 31 and haven't wrestled in 13 years. There are college all-americans whos wrestling in barely even average in MMA.

Conor would win by whatever he wants.

how could he beat McGoat when he can't even beat Floyd or Manny?

Too bad boxing is far more lucrative because I'd love to see him take a real run at MMA after reading this

But why on earth would he

Connor will likely outearn Chris by a lot going forward.

Algieris credentials beat all of McGregors.
Strictly striking, Algieri clowns Conor.
He is Conor but with professional accomplishments.
And unlike Conor, he has prior grappling experience.
Stylistically Algieri is kryptonite for Conor.

Aldo has better striking and grappling (for MMA mind you) than Algieri, solely based on spending more time in the sport. Maybe Aldo wrecks Conor, but I think Conor has a style that can beat Aldo not unlike TJ/Barao.

If I'm picking Conor over Aldo, I'm picking him over Algieri at this point. However, I'd love to see him transition to MMA full time.

not really. he would just make the fight really boring to watch.

if provodnikov couldn't stop algieri, then Conor most certainly can't

Conor would not be wearing boxing gloves.

If he trained with Weidman at Serra-Longo he would do pretty well I think. Would take a few years to get acclimated but he has pretty much peaked in boxing, he won't be getting huge pay days anymore I don't think.

If Connie Mac felt he could have made any noise in boxing, he'd have pursued that avenue (by far the richest in combat sports) then he'd have done so. This is a man so obsessed by wealth, by a luxury lifestyle that he doesn't even have - he'd be talked about as an actual Mayweather opponent if he possessed the actual talent in his original base, instead of having to shamelessly attach his name to the man in a hypothetical matchup that would never take place.

Ultimately, he knew his place, became a sloppy, third-rate kickboxer & discovered the art of draining himself down as low as possible to enjoy maximum advantage over the certified manlets at 145.

Lighten up, Francis.

why are there so many salty and emotional outbursts in these threads? Just enjoy the trolling for what it is and roll with the punches.

As for the fight, it depends if Algieri is let out of the cage or not. No one stops uncaged Algieri.

Algieri is a pillow fisted pansey haha master boxer what a joke

Let's see him put it all together then TS. Being a bad ass at A, B and C still wouldn't be enough if you can't do that. MMA is a sport that encompasses all of what you covered in Algieri's background and then some. There have been kickboxing world champs that have been smashed in the cage. Legit boxing world champs too. Can he put it all together? Having a wrestling background doesn't make you an effective wrestler in MMA either. Being a world class kickboxer or boxer doesn't mean that will fully or even nearly translate over either.

You mean it peaked at one million, which prelim cards peak atregularly. The event averaged 772k.

You mean a peak of 1,120,000 viewers per Nielsen sources.

And Amir Khan-Chris Algieri drew 1 million viewers

You mean a peak of 1,120,000 viewers per Nielsen sources.

And Amir Khan-Chris Algieri drew 1 million viewers

Glover and OSP beat that by a considerable margin on a far worse platform.

It's a two hour show that included another world title fight that averaged 772k. There were no prelims.

Doing that over two hours is similar to Bellator or lower rated UFC prelims. The last two PBCs on ESPN also had million dollar title fights and were beat going live against UFC prelims and has worse demos.
Didn't the last UFC prelim do just about the same as PBC on ESPN at 1.5m viewers?

Has any UFC this year done 4.2m viewers like PBC on NBC?
The answer is no.

It always depends where you are. If you are a boxer in America and are not world championship level and don't fight at 140-154 you pretty much don't exist.
If you are a dominant UFC champion between 140-154 you pretty much don't exist. (Jose "180k ppv buys" Aldo)

I swear some of you people are fucking retarded.

Having accomplishments in different combat sports doesn't mean you are going to be successful at putting it all together. There have been strikers who have come over to MMA and been outstruck by fighters they were supposed to steamroll. Also, being a good high school wrestler doesn't really mean anything, especially when you're 31 and haven't wrestled in 13 years. There are college all-americans whos wrestling in barely even average in MMA.

Conor would win by whatever he wants.

Conor never wrestled and was never as good as Chris in anything.
Conor only wins if he can get a submission locked in. If not Algieri KOs him.

Let's see him put it all together then TS. Being a bad ass at A, B and C still wouldn't be enough if you can't do that. MMA is a sport that encompasses all of what you covered in Algieri's background and then some. There have been kickboxing world champs that have been smashed in the cage. Legit boxing world champs too. Can he put it all together? Having a wrestling background doesn't make you an effective wrestler in MMA either. Being a world class kickboxer or boxer doesn't mean that will fully or even nearly translate over either.
Bad ass at A, B, C.....being a world class boxer doesn't mean shit....having a wrestling background means nothing.........
Makes sense, I mean if I was a Conor fan I would believe the same thing, being that he isn't world class in shit, hes not a badass at A, B, or C, and he has no grappling background.
Apparently its better to be off the streets then to actually be accomplished in something, if you want to make it in the UFC.

Glover and OSP beat that by a considerable margin on a far worse platform.

PBC on NBC did 4.2m viewers.
Whats your answer to that? UFC on FOX 1?

Most watched combat sporting event in FOXs history?
Mike Tyson vs Buster Douglas, 43m viewers.

UFC will never touch the magnitude of boxing.

If Pac was wearing 4 oz gloves, he won't need 6 knockdowns

always find it funny that people don't realize that MMA gloves allow fighters to turn the lights out so much easier

I feel like Pac would legitimately put a fighter into the hospitial with one clean shot with an MMA glove

Back