Would boxer Chris Algieri beat McGregor with ease....

Objectively speaking, McGregor gets molested by Algieri in a pure grappling matchup. Anyone thinking differently is kidding themselves.

This thread really does highlight just how limited and one-dimensional Connie Mac really is. Just an brawler with a half decent punch & few rudimentary kicks.

I was comparing how algieri lost to top boxers like Khan and Manny. But he would dominate conor in kickboxing the way he (algieri) was dominated in his last 2 fights. Huge talent difference for people comparing the 2.

No, you said Khan made him look like a bum. The only one who came out of that fight looking like a bum was Khan, who picked Algieri because he figured it was an easy fight & ended up going life & death with him.

The same Algieri who got TKOed aganist Manny Reyes jr and KTFO against some old guy? I don't think it would be easy infact if it was in MMA I think Conor would beat him senseless. Boxing is the only combat where Algieri would clearly win against Conor. I don't think Algieri has the power to hurt Conor either.
Can u name the two nobody's that subbed Mcgregor?

Objectively speaking, McGregor gets molested by Algieri in a pure grappling matchup. Anyone thinking differently is kidding themselves.

This thread really does highlight just how limited and one-dimensional Connie Mac really is. Just an brawler with a half decent punch & few rudimentary kicks.

No, you said Khan made him look like a bum. The only one who came out of that fight looking like a bum was Khan, who picked Algieri because he figured it was an easy fight & ended up going life & death with him.

Thanks for helping me understand what I said.

This:

He can fight McGregor for $100k or make $2m in two fights in boxing. Wonder what he would choose.

But I have to admit, I am extremely intrigued but they would need a gentleman's agreement to keep it standing.

Lol, he landed the biggest paycheck of his life against the biggest star in boxing he's ever going to fight and the ppv flopped. He's never going to make that again.

Mendes made 500k against Conor when he wasn't even a proven draw yet. Just imagine how much Conor fighting a boxer would do.

Considering Conor made 500K plus PPV cut in his last fight, Mendes made 500K + PPV, and Aldo made 750K + PPV, I think its safe to say he could make just as much, if not more, in MMA than boxing.

After a couple losses, I doubt he takes home more than $100,000 per fight in boxing.

No, having backgrounds in multiple disciplines doesn't make you an expert at seamlessly combining them, Conor slaughters the MMA noob.

Lol. McGregor would tie him up like a pretzel. He has no submission experience whatsoever.

Lol. McGregor would tie him up like a pretzel. He has no submission experience whatsoever.

Give us a list of the guys that McGregor has tied up in a pretzel and subbed...

Algieri was an all-state wrestler, and he would obviously train submissions prior to entering the cage. Let's not get all wrapped up in the false notion that 100% of MMA fighters can just tie up any top athlete in a pretzel. Especially not McGregor, who isn't even much of a grappler.

After few body shots Algieri would gas much worse than Mendes. He would die in the 2nd round due to lack of oxygen.

Algieri has prior grappling experience, Mcgregor had none coming into mma.
All McGregor had were a couple of throw away amateur boxing trophy's.
Algieri has won actual championships in boxing and kickboxing on a professional level.
I really dont see how Conor beats him

0 MMA fights

0 MMA training

people still seem to think that having experience in individual disciplines makes you an MMA fighter. Wake up guys, this isn't 2002.

Algieri was an all-state wrestler, and he would obviously train submissions prior to entering the cage. Let's not get all wrapped up in the false notion that 100% of MMA fighters can just tie up any top athlete in a pretzel. Especially not McGregor, who isn't even much of a grappler.

So Conor winning by sub isn't plausible because he has no history of doing so, but a guy with no history of competing in MMA beating a elite MMA fighter is plausible?

If he has the confidence in himself that you do, he should start training and switch sports immediately. He's reached his ceiling and made the biggest paycheck in boxing he's gonna get. An elite boxer coming into mma and knocking out Conor would be huge.

0 MMA fights

0 MMA training

people still seem to think that having experience in individual disciplines makes you an MMA fighter. Wake up guys, this isn't 2002.
Saw a guy named McGregor do it.
At least Algieri has training in multiple arts.
U know mma isn't an actual martial art?

Algieri has prior grappling experience, Mcgregor had none coming into mma.
All McGregor had were a couple of throw away amateur boxing trophy's.
Algieri has won actual championships in boxing and kickboxing on a professional level.
I really dont see how Conor beats him

It would have to be a submission, and McGregor has ONE submission in his entire career.

He makes his living by throwing straight right hands at grapplers that have never seen a straight punch. Most MMA strikes are wide and loopy, and his is not so it is considered the best of the best.

I agree, Algieri is a really tough matchup for a guy with McGregor's skillset. Algieri already does what McGregor does best, but does it better. He would just need to train his submissions, which wouldn't be the most difficult task because McGregor has never proven himself to be any good at that either.

So Conor winning by sub isn't plausible because he has no history of doing so, but a guy with no history of competing in MMA beating a elite MMA fighter is plausible?

Exactly. But really can you expect logic of people who hate on McGregor religiously?

It would have to be a submission, and McGregor has ONE submission in his entire career.

He makes his living by throwing straight right hands at grapplers that have never seen a straight punch. Most MMA strikes are wide and loopy, and his is not so it is considered the best of the best.

I agree, Algieri is a really tough matchup for a guy with McGregor's skillset. Algieri already does what McGregor does best, but does it better. He would just need to train his submissions, which wouldn't be the most difficult task because McGregor has never proven himself to be any good at that either.
Never underestimate anyone ever. That is bad.

Back