Worst decision of all time?

I'm guessing the two judges who scored it for Diego had money on him?

this wasn't even Diego's worst decision. have we forgotten the kampmann travesty so soon?

Any time a questionable decision arises, the legions of mediocrity step up with their fleeting memories and biased perspectives.

Not even the worst decision in this calender year. Certainly not a frontrunner for All Time.

Very close in my opinion, Phan/Garcia and Machida/Davis also come to mind. I would put this second after Diaz/Condit.

Diaz/Condit? Are you serious? Only stoned Diaz nuthuggers thought Diaz won. Everyone who paid attention knew Condit won.

machida did lose to Davis and Rampage. u dont do sweet F all most of the fight and think judges will automatically give u the decision because u "controlled the distance" by moving backwards all night.

i didnt even realize Diego won last night, decision was so clear cut i went to the hockey game during it and didnt come back til the main. saw today that diego won and thought it was a mistake.... lol wtf

Iv been watching MMA for a long time. And it's the worst decision hands down, by a mile. Worse than phan Garcia, worse then machida shogun 1, worse than penn Edgar 1, worse than bisping hamill. And we think the judging in boxing is bad

I definitely had it 29-28 Pearson, and wouldn't have argued too much with a 30-27 Pearson (maybe a little). Whoever scored that fight 30-27 for Sanchez should be drug tested with the fighters.

I do think Pearson should have kept going forward though, he was beating Sanchez up every time he threw, but limited it to 2 strikes and then dipped out for another 20-30 seconds.

I think these decisions are straight up judges making money on letting a decision go a certain way. Its to easy to always blame it on incompetance. 30-27 Diego is corruption NOT incompetance

imo the condit diaz fight could have gone either way...was sorta bummed condit didn't go all out brawling but props to him for fighting smart

I think the guy who scored it 30-27 Sanchez didn't even watch the fight.

That being said, I'd say Garcia/Jung and Garcia/Phan were worse.

this one was the worst. what makes it stand out is that is was in ABQ; I wish there was a fighter named Walter White who got his ass kicked so we could truly see.

sure, the crowd was very pro-diego. perhaps, their cheering swayed the judges (kinda like wand/arona 2), but that's STILL BULLSHIT. judges shouldn't be swayed; in fact, they should be aware of the hometown fighters just so they can judge objectively. the one thing diego did was have one shitty flurry in each round for which the crowd went wild; it reminded me of diego/kampmann, but that was completely different. kampmann fucked him up early, but he wasn't nearly as consistent as ross.

Any time a questionable decision arises, the legions of mediocrity step up with their fleeting memories and biased perspectives.

Not even the worst decision in this calender year. Certainly not a frontrunner for All Time.

Go on...

obviously there r fights the people overreact to. where a guy probably should have won and didn't. there is no probably in this equation. it was clear as day

Yeah, it was pretty clear they made a mistake. Using these superlatives happens after every single event, though. Something can be clearly a bad call but that doesn't make it the worst in history.

I usually don't complain about the judges decisions because they are often bad.

But this decision was brutal. No way Diego won and whoever had him 30-27 should be banned from judging for life.

If I had lost money on this fight I may try suing the judges.

shows the UFC to be very amateurish

The UFC has nothing to do with the judging or refs- the state athletic commission chooses those. I'm sure if the UFC had power over those things would be better c

This was painfully bad. I want to hear what other fights that were robberies beat this one. I know this is fairly recent but I can't really thing of any others.. the ones I think of involve diego too...

This was painfully bad. I want to hear what other fights that were robberies beat this one. I know this is fairly recent but I can't really thing of any others.. the ones I think of involve diego too...

someone brought it up last night and I completely forgot about it.

kj noons/ryan couture

Very close in my opinion, Phan/Garcia and Machida/Davis also come to mind. I would put this second after Diaz/Condit.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-13850-1385051640-37.gif

damn robberies..

Good decision. No amount of machida crying is going to change the fact Davis had more strikes, owned the only significant offense in the opening two rounds, and it was a very close fight on the feet for those two rounds.

If you dont like the sport, then change the rules. Dont whinge when Phil D out machidas machida.

And lol at comparing a 75/25 forum hated decision like that, which was a UD, with a split that had the forums crying 95%-5% and had every shill on the mma decisions website calling a 30-27.

Completely different debates, and its whinging about machida v davis, that pollutes the legitimate annoyance at an actual robbery like this one.

Back