Worst decision of all time?

I scored all three for Ross, but at the same time.. Ross should have made an effort to finish more. He was sticking and moving, but if he touched Diego once, he'd back away. He was walking backwards the whole fight so the damage needs to be a little more dramatic sometimes.

Again, I had Ross winning, but it looked like he had Diego out-classed and could have tried more to win more impressively.

Diegos been finished once. Remember what happened to Gomi & Kampmann when they got caught in a brawl with him? Diego can look busy in a brawl despite landing very little and swing the judges his way, Ross did it perfectly, bloodied him up, knocked him down and clearly outstruck him without getting dragged into a brawl. Diego just has some weird effect on judges, Ross could've KO'd him and they would have still called it a UD for Diego.

The worst decision of all time is probably still Nog/Hendo 1 in RINGS, add to that some of the worst reffing as well with Hendo getting standups merely by pushing himself under the ropes.

Diegos been finished once. Remember what happened to Gomi & Kampmann when they got caught in a brawl with him? Diego can look busy in a brawl despite landing very little and swing the judges his way, Ross did it perfectly, bloodied him up, knocked him down and clearly outstruck him without getting dragged into a brawl. Diego just has some weird effect on judges, Ross could've KO'd him and they would have still called it a UD for Diego.

Its called being the more marketable fighter. :icon_chee

30-27 PEARSON: Right Call
29-28 PEARSON: Questionable
29-28 SANCHEZ: Robbery
30-27 SANCHEZ: I don't even know.

Iv been watching MMA for a long time. And it's the worst decision hands down, by a mile. Worse than phan Garcia, worse then machida shogun 1, worse than penn Edgar 1, worse than bisping hamill. And we think the judging in boxing is bad

Penn-Edgar 1 wasn't a bad decision.

I do equate the Diego fight to Bisping-Hamil in terms of how bad it was. I think both fights involved the winners being in their hometown too. Fucked up.

are you serious?

this is nothing new to MMA judges, they are known to F up any decisions. If you still actually take decision wins seriously, you are fooling yourself.

Leave it to you to speak the truth. Who looks at a fighters resume and assumes that decisions are accurate representations of who won and lost? I have to watch a fight if its a decision, and then I'll judge it.

And yes, this is easily the worst decision I've ever seen, not even close. Even worst than GSP v Hendricks.

Arguably, yes.

Don't be surprised if the information emerges that Jeff Collins has family members who bet heavily on Sanchez.
Strickland vs Barnatt.
lmfao not even CLOSE (<- the keyword)

30-27 PEARSON: Right Call
29-28 PEARSON: Questionable
29-28 SANCHEZ: Robbery
30-27 SANCHEZ: I don't even know.

30-27 Sanchez = Judge confused the two fighters or was confused about the format of the voting spreadsheet and meant 30-27 Pearson.

The worst decision of all time is probably still Nog/Hendo 1 in RINGS, add to that some of the worst reffing as well with Hendo getting standups merely by pushing himself under the ropes.

Good one!

I'm a huge Hendo fan but he didn't really beat Nog.

Gholar/de Oliveira will forever be the worst in MMA history.

lol @ Diaz/Condit being a bad decision.

Bisping/Hamill
Vitor/Herring
Couture/Vera

Now THOSE were bad decisions.

Nah man. The Pearson fight was worse.

At least Diego won a round against Kampmann.

I agree and I'm a Kampmann fan, Kampmann did a lot more damage but he also got wobbled a few times and I think Diego did win a round or at least was very close to doing so. Pearson didn't mangle his face but he outstruck him every round and hurt him in the first and dropped him in the second.

Up there with Roy Jones jnr's 1988 Seoul Olympic robbery at the hands of three corrupt judges. Enough said.

Anyone not old enough to have come across it should have a look.

Last edited:
I agree and I'm a Kampmann fan, Kampmann did a lot more damage but he also got wobbled a few times and I think Diego did win a round or at least was very close to doing so. Pearson didn't mangle his face but he outstruck him every round and hurt him in the first and dropped him in the second.

Yup. I actually had Pearson winning that 2nd round 10-8 until that last 20 second Diego flurry, then I would have changed it to 10-9.

Very close in my opinion, Phan/Garcia and Machida/Davis also come to mind. I would put this second after Diaz/Condit.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-13850-1385051640-37.gif

damn robberies..

While I can understand how one would complain about this being a robbery, you immediately surrender any claim to any credibility, or claim of having functioning eyes or brain when you rank Diaz/Condit as an all-time robbery.

You may not care for that strategy, but that decision was one of the least controversial ever, to anyone who is not named Nick or Nate Diaz.

Back