• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Woodley vs. Paul Heavies Megathread

I know you won’t know who this person is but you’re one of the reasons she’s popular

whatever-you-say-ok-boomer.gif

Ok. Is that a good or bad thing?

why do you keep saying high level boxing when talking about Jake Paul?
Because he trains with high level boxers and I'm not saying Jake Paul is high level. But he understands that level better than other fighters that don't train/spar vs high level boxers. I'm speaking on general terms that most mma fighters have no interaction with high/elite level boxers for sparring/training and that is why they don't understand the skill difference. The levels they are familiar with, training with, sparring with, etc is not the same level you would find vs high/elite level. It's like being the big fish in a small pond. I've always said it was because boxing vs mma has always been a thing from the start and the gyms are all separated. Pure boxing gyms are separate and they aren't the same as the boxing you find in mma gyms. So most don't ever cross over and interact with each other. Some fighters do, and some fighters have actual amateur/pro boxing experience and spent time training with high/elite level boxers/trainers. Those fighters boxing is significantly better than the level of boxing found in most mma fighters.

This is why I had Jake Paul as the favorite from the start. I already analyzed their skills sets and boxing and saw Jake was the better boxer from the start. I've said this before the fight was even made and when Woodley was first calling out Jake. I don't fall for the whole mma vs boxing thing since I follow both. But I understand the skill difference between boxers and most boxing level of mma fighters. The Conor vs Mayweather fight was what opened my eyes on the skill difference. After analyzing that fight it was very clear the skill difference between someone who is considered the best boxer in mma vs an actual elite level boxer who didn't even take the fight seriously.

Jake Paul just defeated a 5x Welterweight Champ yesterday. that's like a youtube pipedream. KUDOS!
1x WW champ
4x defending WW champ

1 title reign. 1x champ.

II bet he could beat Demian Maia too in Boxing. These guys didn't become champions/top fighters because of their boxing.... lol

At this point, hopefully, MMA fighters train MMA striking. It's not the same thing.
Train mma striking, but all can benefit from high level boxing. Need trainers that can actually teach the difference. So most would have to change their training up and actually step into a pure boxing gym that has high level boxers/trainers so they can get the proper training/sparring.

Bro, a WWE guy literally became the HW champ and defended his nelt more times than say, Werdum. This song and dance has happened before, chill.

The WWE guy was a freakishly huge specimen. Jake Paul is a spoiled brat that pretends to box. This is much worse.

Because he trains with high level boxers and I'm not saying Jake Paul is high level. But he understands that level better than other fighters that don't train/spar vs high level boxers. I'm speaking on general terms that most mma fighters have no interaction with high/elite level boxers for sparring/training and that is why they don't understand the skill difference. The levels they are familiar with, training with, sparring with, etc is not the same level you would find vs high/elite level. It's like being the big fish in a small pond. I've always said it was because boxing vs mma has always been a thing from the start and the gyms are all separated. Pure boxing gyms are separate and they aren't the same as the boxing you find in mma gyms. So most don't ever cross over and interact with each other. Some fighters do, and some fighters have actual amateur/pro boxing experience and spent time training with high/elite level boxers/trainers. Those fighters boxing is significantly better than the level of boxing found in most mma fighters.

This is why I had Jake Paul as the favorite from the start. I already analyzed their skills sets and boxing and saw Jake was the better boxer from the start. I've said this before the fight was even made and when Woodley was first calling out Jake. I don't fall for the whole mma vs boxing thing since I follow both. But I understand the skill difference between boxers and most boxing level of mma fighters. The Conor vs Mayweather fight was what opened my eyes on the skill difference. After analyzing that fight it was very clear the skill difference between someone who is considered the best boxer in mma vs an actual elite level boxer who didn't even take the fight seriously.

Nate Diaz trained and sparred with Andre Ward. Ward even acknowledges Nate has hands. Conor McGregor still landed a ton of shots on him with his touch butt style.

i think Woodley and Askren are old and washed and that's why they lost. put Max Holloway in there and i think Max would absolutely tune Jake Paul up.

Shameful that a combat “sports” champion with decades of experience can’t put together a single decent combination.

UFC is running on fumes at this point LOL

Nate Diaz trained and sparred with Andre Ward. Ward even acknowledges Nate has hands. Conor McGregor still landed a ton of shots on him with his touch butt style.

i think Woodley and Askren are old and washed and that's why they lost. put Max Holloway in there and i think Max would absolutely tune Jake Paul up.

Paul flattens both of those skinny midgets 2v1. Do you low rent analysts ever get tired of being wrong about everything?

It was strange to watch the smaller, older fighter walk down the bigger, younger fighter.

lol

Walk towards, not "down."

And WTF is the smaller fighter supposed to do, fight on the outside?

Woodley should have had a 10-8 in the 4th, but that was one of only two rounds he won.

I think Nate would beat him with ease. Would like to see it, but ain't happening.

OK, you're just a troll. Glad we got that straightened out.

Ben's going to dirty box this tool into oblivion. It's going to be ugly as hell, and Ben's going to win.

This is why you should never trust a word these low rent analysts ever say, folks. I rest my case.

LMFAO. Stick to doing what you do best, oh wait that's nothing LOL.

This is why you should never trust a word these low rent analysts ever say, folks. I rest my case.

LMFAO. Stick to doing what you do best, oh wait that's nothing LOL.
Wow, quick researching there. A first rate troll at that. You should give lessons to Unfinished.

Tyron was not gassed whatever and landed the most impactful strikes of the fight by far. Paul was hurt and tired by the end. Tyron lost not because of his age or being the lesser athlete, because he was clearly the better athlete. He lost because of his idiotic mentality.

I feel this way also. Woodley seems to prefer to look cool than win.

If he gave 100% he would almost surely have won that fight. He didn't though, and that's Tyron

Wow, quick researching there. A first rate troll at that. You should give lessons to Unfinished.

Look, I've followed this "sport" longer than you have, as evinced by my join date and the FACT that I didn't pick ben fkin Askren to beat Jake Paul in boxing LOL. I've forgotten more than you will ever know.

Nate Diaz would get flattened by 80% of the guys @ a run-of-the-mill LA fitness much less Jake Paul ROFL.

Do us a favor, keep your predictions to yourself next time and save the embarrassment.

Look, I've followed this "sport" longer than you have, as evinced by my join date and the FACT that I didn't pick ben fkin Askren to beat Jake Paul in boxing LOL. I've forgotten more than you will ever know.

Yes, because a "join date" indicates when someone started following this "sport". OK, bro.

Back