• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

2023 College Football Playoffs Discussion ***National Champion Michigan Wolverines*** Transfer Portal

It will always be the pac-10 to me.
TLlnWaN.jpeg

<DCrying>

This really brings a tear to my eye. The 30-for-30 Requiem for the Big East seriously made me tear up. 80s big East basketball was such a big thing in high school. We'd be pumped up all week for the Saturday St. John's - UConn or Syracuse - Georgetown games.

Looking back on it, the Big 8 was kind of ridiculous. 9 games of OU and Nebraska beating up on the other 6 teams waiting for the November game to figure out who went to the Orange bowl.

Yea, but then they wouldnt have had that prestigious run in the Blockbuster Bowl

RIP Friday night trips to Blockbuster, those were always fun little adventures
No that was in 1990 when all the top ranked teams boycotted the Fiesta Bowl because AZ didn't wanna recognize MLK Day. They weren't in the B10 until 93.

No that was in 1990 when all the top ranked teams boycotted the Fiesta Bowl because AZ didn't wanna recognize MLK Day. They weren't in the B10 until 93.
What year did they sign an agreement to play in the Blockbuster Bowl one year in advance because they were being blocked out of bowl games because of their conference jump, I do not believe that was 1990

What year did they sign an agreement to play in the Blockbuster Bowl one year in advance because they were being blocked out of bowl games because of their conference jump, I do not believe that was 1990
That was 92, they weren't being blocked out anything. The guy who owned Blockbuster (and the Dolphins and Marlins) threw them a shitload of money before the season started.

That was 92, they weren't being blocked out anything. The guy who owned Blockbuster (and the Dolphins and Marlins) threw them a shitload of money before the season started.

Thats not the way I remember it

Les Miles is suing LSU because they self vacated all 37 wins from the 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 seasons, costing him eligibility for the CFB HOF. Kinda interesting, I guess.

Les Miles is suing LSU because they self vacated all 37 wins from the 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 seasons, costing him eligibility for the CFB HOF. Kinda interesting, I guess.

I remember when Les Miles was the savior in waiting for the Mighty Wolverines, "We're trading in our Carr for one with Les Miles" was what all the kids were saying on the mean streets of Ann Arbor

Then we went with Rich Rodriguez instead

No Ragurtz

What a mark. The salary check still cleared the bank.

I remember when Les Miles was the savior in waiting for the Mighty Wolverines, "We're trading in our Carr for one with Les Miles" was what all the kids were saying on the mean streets of Ann Arbor

Then we went with Rich Rodriguez instead

No Ragurtz
Miles was trying to call your AD (Dave Brandon) the weekend of the SEC title game but he was out on his yacht and didn't have a signal.
And you can thank Finebaum for Michigan getting stuck with Rich Rod. He was taking the Bama job a year prior but got mad about PAWL making fun of his wife.

Miles was trying to call your AD (Dave Brandon) the weekend of the SEC title game but he was out on his yacht and didn't have a signal.
And you can thank Finebaum for Michigan getting stuck with Rich Rod. He was taking the Bama job a year prior but got mad about PAWL making fun of his wife.

Sounds like good ole Paul set the events in motion to cost AlaFuckingBama a world title in 2023-24

@RollSonnenRoll @DW=HERO I hope you guys call in and give him an earful over this!

Back