• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Woodley vs. Paul Heavies Megathread

All the MMA champs and Boxing champs invite you to come and challenge them in the cage and ring.
They will then proceed to bitch slap the stupid talk coming out of your pie hole. Then submit, KO or maybe just plain hospitalize you for speaking such nonsense.
Hell, even old man Fedor invites you to a Sambo match.

Idiot shertards like you are a complete joke!

MMA and even combat sports as a whole is a joke these days.

McConor did not have a decent showing against PBF. Mayweather toyed with him and allowed the fight to continue on for the general public's sake. PBF could have ended that fight within a few rounds if he chose to. Mayweather's boxing skill is a gazillion times leveled above McConor. That fight was all about the two making big $$$. McConor never had a 'real' chance of beating PBF.

Woodley has gotten his hands on higher level strikers than Paul. Even if the rule set was different, he should have won that fight. Anderson Silva outboxed JCC despite being 11 years his senor and not having a fraction of his experience in the world of boxing. Even Conor McGregor had a decent-ish showing vs Floyd. Jake Paul is some scrub kid off of youtube. He's a meme fighter.

I think Nate would beat him with ease. Would like to see it, but ain't happening.
100%.

No way he's taking a fight with either Diaz bro.

They would also walk him down but actually throw punches.

McConor did not have a decent showing against PBF. Mayweather toyed with him and allowed the fight to continue on for the general public's sake. PBF could have ended that fight within a few rounds if he chose to. Mayweather's boxing skill is a gazillion times leveled above McConor. That fight was all about the two making big $$$. McConor never had a 'real' chance of beating PBF.
No need to make him longer, the fight was already sold. He didn't Koed him earlier because he COULDN'T do it. Floyd never cared about the public.. good joke

Who's next in Line for Jake?
Ngannou maybe?
Who cares, the end result is gonna be the same as in this one<Lmaoo><Moves>

Because he trains with high level boxers and I'm not saying Jake Paul is high level. But he understands that level better than other fighters that don't train/spar vs high level boxers. I'm speaking on general terms that most mma fighters have no interaction with high/elite level boxers for sparring/training and that is why they don't understand the skill difference. The levels they are familiar with, training with, sparring with, etc is not the same level you would find vs high/elite level. It's like being the big fish in a small pond. I've always said it was because boxing vs mma has always been a thing from the start and the gyms are all separated. Pure boxing gyms are separate and they aren't the same as the boxing you find in mma gyms. So most don't ever cross over and interact with each other. Some fighters do, and some fighters have actual amateur/pro boxing experience and spent time training with high/elite level boxers/trainers. Those fighters boxing is significantly better than the level of boxing found in most mma fighters.

This is why I had Jake Paul as the favorite from the start. I already analyzed their skills sets and boxing and saw Jake was the better boxer from the start. I've said this before the fight was even made and when Woodley was first calling out Jake. I don't fall for the whole mma vs boxing thing since I follow both. But I understand the skill difference between boxers and most boxing level of mma fighters. The Conor vs Mayweather fight was what opened my eyes on the skill difference. After analyzing that fight it was very clear the skill difference between someone who is considered the best boxer in mma vs an actual elite level boxer who didn't even take the fight seriously.
c'mon. you literally called jake paul a "legitimate boxing prospect".

we did NOT watch a legitimate boxing prospect last night against woodley. you have to acknowledge you were way off, no?

Haha, amazing reference. And yes, Tommy has fought tomato cans. And while he keeps winning, and has some KOs, he didn't impress last night despite fighting another tomato can.

I would say Jake vs Tommy is a pick 'em fight. Perhaps Tommy is better than he looked last night. With these guys at that level, with such few fights it's is hard to tell who will break thru some times.
It's amazing that there are fighters out there, mostly boxers, with that type of record. You'd think once you have the same number of wins as losses you might want to call the quits and try something else.

Smart move imo, a rematch would be his best option for a big payday at this stage of his career.

Also lol at self respect, have you heard the "music" he puts out :D
Can't argue.

No one will know or care about him 5 years from now might as well risk maximum embarrassment if it means setting yourself up for life.

Plus there is the chance he wins and gains even more.

c'mon. you literally called jake paul a "legitimate boxing prospect".

we did NOT watch a legitimate boxing prospect last night against woodley. you have to acknowledge you were way off, no?

Paul is horrendous and would not even be signed to a low level promoter for his ability.

This forum has hit a new low. Never seen so many people triggered.

So, you mean he looked the exact same way he has looked for the past 3 years? Yeah, that's who Woodley is. A guy who throws single shots, waits, watches, throws no combos, shows no activity waits for a big overhand right, and doesn't do shit most the time and has also become pretty slow. This is why many thought he would lose, and he did. It was a typical Woodley performance.
I know Tyron is extremely horrible and trash as an boxer, but I didn't expect such passivity.

his opponent is almost dead in the last round can't breath, with limp legs and Tyron doesn't punish him.

I would be more generous to Paul, he's currently a bigger draw and name in boxing than anyone else. He's the modern face of boxing. More than just a prankster.
Exactly. TWood has a YouTube channel too, so is he a "YouTuber" as well? Since when did people get totally boiled down to just one thing that they have done over their lives? Paul is a life long athlete, a long time wrestler as well, he is incredibly rich and no obligations other than to focus on training with the best private teachers you can buy, and he has put in much more time schooling straight boxing than Tyron. He is also a decade+ removed from his athletic prime while Jake is in his. I was frankly surprised TWood did as well as he did bullied Paul like he did. When was the last time we saw TWood being the bull vs the matador running away and backed up against the fence/ropes?

Paul is horrendous and would not even be signed to a low level promoter for his ability.

This forum has hit a new low. Never seen so many people triggered.
because of that he doesn't fight real boxers, he's mediocre and it's easy to read his attacks he Spam the same attack 100 times.

95781214a1b4324780bf7819fdf5e9564308ca9f.gifv

Tyron is a Very Very horrible striker by MMA standards, his defense is pathetic.

yes well thats why jake paul chose him

So did Tyron get the tattoo?

Back