• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Will Jiri have learned from his one colossal mistake that cost him against Pereira?

Young Calf Kick

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Jiri can win any fight at LHW and even though Pereira is a very tough matchup for him, he could just get it done, but only if he stays composed throughout the entire fight. He likes to move his head and use that hands down, unorthodox style of his, but as far as I can tell the one time he didn't, he got punished for it immediately (video is timestamped):

He lunged in for a right overhand but kept his head right on the center line, and Pereira just sniped him with a gnarly right hook left hook combination. Jiri seemed to be getting some momentum as well but it looks like he got overzealous, and instantly paid the price.

I have no favorite in this fight and could see both winning, but slightly leaning towards Pereira because his best weapons (soccer calf kick and left hook) just seem a little bit more lethal than Jiri's best weapons. But if Jiri stays composed, keeps moving his head and makes it a dogfight, I could see him reclaiming that belt.

How do you think this fight plays out?

Jiri can win any fight at LHW and even though Pereira is a very tough matchup for him, he could just get it done, but only if he stays composed throughout the entire fight. He likes to move his head and use that hands down, unorthodox style of his, but as far as I can tell the one time he didn't, he got punished for it immediately (video is timestamped):

He lunged in for a right overhand but kept his head right on the center line, and Pereira just sniped him with a gnarly right hook left hook combination. Jiri seemed to be getting some momentum as well but it looks like he got overzealous, and instantly paid the price.

I have no favorite in this fight and could see both winning, but slightly leaning towards Pereira because his best weapons (soccer calf kick and left hook) just seem a little bit more lethal than Jiri's best weapons. But if Jiri stays composed, keeps moving his head and makes it a dogfight, I could see him reclaiming that belt.

Jiri fights best in chaotic moments, and Alex ends chaotic moments by being a calm assassin with hatchets for feet.

Its amazing to me how some people just seem to have the touch of death. That was just a little arm punch.

I don't know how you can watch fights, watch someone lose, then think they only need to fix 1 thing and win the fight. I mean you can say that about every fighter that loses and avenge all their losses. Jiri's striking can catch Pereira, but he doesn't have the same tools for offense. Some guys just are weak to particular aspects of the game. Even in the Rakic fight, Jiri didn't seem to have found a solution. To me it's like saying the Diaz bros just need to train leg kick defense.

This here is the problem for Jiri, to have any chance he'll have to dramatically change his game plan...

Jiri can always end a fight in a second, but Alex tends to stay calm in those moments.
Poatan reminds me of Fedor in that way, not in skills but the calm in the fire.

Its amazing to me how some people just seem to have the touch of death. That was just a little arm punch.

I used to hang out with this dude when I was about 20 yrs old..he was like 18-19 and we all used to hang at the park.

Kid was like 5'5" and 165 pounds.
I watched that dude fuckin one punch like 5-6 dudes in that park lol.
One dude was about 6'3" 240ish and he was the one that started it, snd still got bombed on.

He had hammers for hands too, he was doing masonry for like 6 years at that point.

I used to hang out with this dude when I was about 20 yrs old..he was like 18-19 and we all used to hang at the park.

Kid was like 5'5" and 165 pounds.
I watched that dude fuckin one punch like 5-6 dudes in that park lol.
One dude was about 6'3" 240ish and he was the one that started it, snd still got bombed on.

He had hammers for hands too, he was doing masonry for like 6 years at that point.

Basically a john lineker type any punch that lands makes them look like they saw the bitch from the ring.

Even in the Rakic fight, Jiri didn't seem to have found a solution.
Sure he did. He completely changed his approach mid-fight from trying to fight measured at a distance where he was getting picked apart to pressuring like a madman creating a firefight. Far too often we see fighters come into a fight with one game plan and they won't switch it up no matter how obvious it is that it's not working. That fight was a great example of a guy coming into a fight with a game plan then scrapping it and changing the approach midway through when it wasn't working.

its not about Jiri learning something. Hes wild and he excels there. This works against probably 90% of current LHW roster.
Alex, however, is the killer of wild fighters. He keeps his composure and read his opponents really well. His timing and precision are absurd. In the one fight he lost x Izzy he was the one rushing for the kill, dont forget that. To pressure this man in a pure stand up is like either you land a bomb really fast and end it, or you probably sleep.
Jiri should try a more rassling oriented approach in this one and/or hope to land a big hit. Hes got the pop to one shot Alex, definitely.
Honestly tho, I believe Jiri will eat a big left hook but this time he will be dropped unconscious.

Back