Why is there a misconception among BJJ practitioners that...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your books are written in crayon, so I don't care what your books say.

You are completely full of it and I'll gladly take my double yellows to say it.

your just jealous of my belt. you think that a person of my belt has to think like this think like that basically think like you. but this thread aint about this.

as far as im concerned wrestling is more technical than bjj. now it is my turn to doubt you whoppee. i doubt you ever wrestled before.

To be honest I think education is a joke. I studied so hard and so many various topics and I barely use any of it in my job, my job is very easy compared to my education. I sometimes wodner if I could have done it without my MEng.

I have no doubt that I could have done without mine.

It's the hoop they make you jump through though.

Rating Update :
1 bucket of popcorn:icon_neut

your just jealous of my belt. you think that a person of my belt has to think like this think like that basically think like you. but this thread aint about this.

as far as im concerned wrestling is more technical than bjj. now it is my turn to doubt you whoppee. i doubt you ever wrestled before.

You can not doubt that which I have never claimed. I've not lied about my wrestling experience (which is limited to a single year in high school).

And I'm not jealous of your belt. I disbelieve your belt. There is a difference.

Rating Update :
1 bucket of popcorn:icon_neut

Sorry to disappoint. I'm not trying to pick any new fights. I'm just on war path's back for claiming (still unsubstantiated) to be a brown belt, one stripe.

Yes, we use leg locks. While they may not be permitted in many tournaments, we still use them and roll with them, so that we can grow into them when we start facing them in competitions.

And yes, I can agree that the preferred position may be dependent on the person, though as the person on the bottom, I ALWAYS feel safer when under side control.

Well with leg locks you can tap someone without passing the guard.

I didn't say wrestling was the ultimate (whatever that means) I said its more technical than BJJ. Which it is.

Really then why did he lose? Wrestling isn't very tchnical when it comes to the guard. seriously dude just shut up now or be forever remembered as that block headed troll that thinks any grappling art is more technical then any grappling art. They all have pros and cons. You just being obtuse

Well with leg locks you can tap someone without passing the guard.

Not entirely true. A good guard anticipates and is prepared for leg locks and doesn't actually allow the control to get one.

Additionally, dropping for a leg lock and potentially giving up position is a much greater risk that simply passing guard.

I mean, if leg locks where that automatic, don't you think BJJ black belts (who have plenty of training in them) would do nothing but fall back for leg locks? Sure, there are some and they are effective, but I think it unwise to replace the ability to pass with leg locks.

Oh....and I just want to state that I have the utmost respect for wrestling and think that BJJ without some form of additional take down training (like wrestling or judo), is equally incomplete.

Really then why did he lose? Wrestling isn't very tchnical when it comes to the guard. seriously dude just shut up now or be forever remembered as that block headed troll that thinks any grappling art is more technical then any grappling art. They all have pros and cons. You just being obtuse

First I have to question who is he?

Secondly I would question under what circumstance did he enter MMA?

Thirdly I'd ask who dominates MMa wrestlers or BJJ fighters? ;)

Not entirely true. A good guard anticipates and is prepared for leg locks and doesn't actually allow the control to get one.

Additionally, dropping for a leg lock and potentially giving up position is a much greater risk that simply passing guard.

I mean, if leg locks where that automatic, don't you think BJJ black belts (who have plenty of training in them) would do nothing but fall back for leg locks? Sure, there are some and they are effective, but I think it unwise to replace the ability to pass with leg locks.

A good leg locker is prepared for a good guard.

I think BJJ guys don't like leg locks because it negates a large portion of their art. I think they are under used in MMA and BJJ... mainly because they are not trained properly.

Thirdly I'd ask who dominates MMa wrestlers or BJJ fighters?
;)

I think that you recognize the pointlessness of this question.

Wrestlers dominate, because wrestling dominates the U.S. and the U.S. comprises most of the people entering MMA.

That being said, I don't think you can name any of them that have not studied BJJ and if they have not, they tend to lose to those that have.

I think Brock is a great example. He first lost to Mir due to inexperience in submissions, but later destroyed him with an understanding of how to break down the half guard....using wrestling and BJJ.

And I think the number of BJJ black belts in MMA is very telling, considering there are not that many in the U.S.

Thirdly I'd ask who dominates MMa wrestlers or BJJ fighters? ;)

First, He is Royler Gracie.

Second, I have no clue what that question intends to ask. Postulate again, and elaborate.

Third, I would say neither. Sambo does. Ever heard of Fedor?
Seriously, it is neither BJJ guys or wrestlers who dominate MMA, but those who cross train in both.

A good leg locker is prepared for a good guard.

I think BJJ guys don't like leg locks because it negates a large portion of their art. I think they are under used in MMA and BJJ... mainly because they are not trained properly.

I disagree. As I previously noted, if leg locking with the silver bullet for guard, do you really believe that people interested in winning the Mundials wouldn't simply devote themselves to leg locks?

Wouldn't all the fights end that way? Leg lock?

Component_CharSheet_Front.png

First, He is Royler Gracie.

Second, I have no clue what that question intends to ask. Postulate again, and elaborate.

Third, I would say neither. Sambo does. Ever heard of Fedor?
Seriously, it is neither BJJ guys or wrestlers who dominate MMA, but those who cross train in both.

I am talking about the wrestler. Who is the supposed Olympic wrestler?

I think that means wrestling haha.

This troll slayer character looks like a wrestler to me.

I disagree. As I previously noted, if leg locking with the silver bullet for guard, do you really believe that people interested in winning the Mundials wouldn't simply devote themselves to leg locks?

Wouldn't all the fights end that way? Leg lock?

I think BJJ does not emphasize or train leg locks enough. I also believe Jiu Jitsu men have a vested interest in the whole guard passing game as its their speciality and teaching this is their lively hood. I would not be surprised if a good leg locks could go and win the mundials.

This troll slayer character looks like a wrestler to me.

I'm pretty sure those wouldn't be allowed in a grappling competition. The beard hammers, that is. The axes are fine.

Though I think it's typically the trolls that end up slaying themselves. Well, unless you count the mods that ban them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back