Why is The Chris such a big favorite?

Weidman is coming off of two dominating wins against the conscensus p4p #1 and is undefeated.

Machida is 5-4 in the last 9 with a rather unimpressive decission against Moose last time around.

Sure, Machida is 5-4 in fights against some of the best at a weight class higher - which is why the odds aren't even worse for him.

Odds are perfectly reasonable.
I wish they would ban posters for stupidity on Sherdog.

Weed out all these morons.

What a stupid and pathetic post.

Right now the odds are roughly at Weidman -220/ Lyoto +180. This seems way off to me. Lyoto is a tougher match up for Weidman than Anderson was IMO. He is much more elusive than Silva and he can stuff take downs. I think this is a very close fight that probably should be 50/50 in terms of odds. Am I missing something?

Ugh, odd makers look at your last few fights. Guess who the champ is? Guess who just came off the two biggest wins of his career? Guess who is clueless?

Would you have said Machida is a tougher match up than Silva before Weidman beat Silva twice?

I wish they would ban posters for stupidity on Sherdog.

Weed out all these morons.

What a stupid and pathetic post.

Instead of telling people how to run their forum, why don't you tell us WHAT is so stupid, buddy? I read his post and NOTHING screams stupidity, that was a lame decision over Moose, unimpressive.

Weidman is undefeated.
He beat Anderson twice.
He's dispatched a lot of his opponents without breaking a sweat.

Can anybody find a single picture of Weidman with a black eye, scratch, cut, blood (his own), or bruise?

Weidman is undefeated.
He beat Anderson twice.
He's dispatched a lot of his opponents without breaking a sweat.

Can anybody find a single picture of Weidman with a black eye, scratch, cut, blood (his own), or bruise?

He got cut against Anderson in their second fight.

The Chris only came in 11 fighters. He's not tested yet. Machida will do the Chris a lot. Machida has a good heart and good soul. He's a good man. Everyone needs to cheer for Machida. THe Chris has chances but he needs to be tested. This will be his test fight. His last two fights against Andersen Silver were fluke. In both he won by luck but this time its Machide. Good fights. The whole world is cheering for Machide. He's a good man. Good mans should wins. The Chris doesn;t come that often yet. Only 11 times so far for fighting.

Crushing AS raises your stock. Maybe you are missing that.

That's not really "such a big favorite." Jones was far more heavily favored against Machida. Weidman is undefeated, hasn't been in trouble against any of his opponents and his last two wins were second round finishes over a guy many consider to be the best MMA fighter of all time.

2 wins over Anderson and machida is moving down in weight and has 2 decent wins in un impressive fashion

cuz he is gonna win and only dem fools with their heads in the sand dont realize how good he is.

Would you have said Machida is a tougher match up than Silva before Weidman beat Silva twice?

yes. I bet Weidman in both Silva fights. This fight I am on Machida. Styles make fights and Machida's style is better suited to beating Weidman.

I think it's about right. Weidman is not going to foolishly charge machida and that's something he has capitalized on often. I think Weidman is the better grappler.

Back