Why is The Chris such a big favorite?

But its also very hard to be sure Machida will not get the decision.

I don't think Chris would be willing to coast later in the fight and leave his belt in the hands of the judges who can be unpredictable.

I think Machida can push the pace better in the this fight than Weidman can.

This part makes no sense based on the way both fighters fight. Weidman is the guy that pushes the pace in his fights where as Machida has been so timid in some fights that he's lost because of it. Machida fights at a slow pace and is known for having a low work rate.

I'm not trying to be disrespectful or anything because you are a good poster and normally make good points but this doesn't make any sense at all.

This part makes no sense based on the way both fighters fight. Weidman is the guy that pushes the pace in his fights where as Machida has been so timid in some fights that he's lost because of it. Machida fights at a slow pace and is known for having a low work rate.

I don't think pushing the pace against Machida is the way to beat him.

Machida is not overly agreesive, but he capitalises when people get over agreesive against him, its what he does best.

So after a few close rounds, if Chris trys too hard to go for a finish or to make something happen it could go very badly for him.

I don't think pushing the pace against Machida is the way to beat him.

Machida is not overly agreesive, but he capitalises when people get over agreesive against him, its what he does best.

So after a few close rounds, if Chris trys too hard to go for a finish or to make something happen it could go very badly for him.

I think controlled aggression is the way to beat him though, look at Shogun 1 and 2 the Jones fight and the Rampage and Davis fights(I thought he lost to Davis but it was close) they all fought him aggressively but didn't get reckless.

I don't get the feeling that Weidman gets reckless which IMO is what you are talking about, Weidman doesn't seem to try and force anything outside of the combo that he KOed Anderson with but he did that because he got angry at Anderson's taunting which is something Machida doesn't do and even though he got angry he still did the right thing by throwing the back fist to mess up Anderson's swaying.

Weidman is very well rounded but what impresses me the most about him is his fight IQ, he just always seems to do the right thing, I do think Machida is his toughest match up but I think he's a 65/35 favorite.

I'm not trying to be disrespectful or anything because you are a good poster and normally make good points but this doesn't make any sense at all.
When the fuck has Weidman ever fought for five rounds? You are biased. And you contribute nothing to this thread.

Weidman is HUGE next to Machida. Hope Machida gets the W, love that dude's attitude.

Wiedman will move up to LHW so that he can avoid fighting Lyoto again.

Machida will put the fear of God into him.

Looks like you may of locked your bet in at the right time +165 now at 5D.

I agree that stylistically Machida has a better shot than the odds indicate. Tempted to bet it myself but I think Chris will find a way to take it.

To play devils advocate in regards to the line

Weidman has a 4 inch reach advantage
Weidman is 7 years younger than Machida
Weidman beat arguably the GOAT twice
Weidman at least IMO has better fight IQ . See close decisions against Rampage and Davis. Machida was way too inactive in both fights although the Davis decision was BS it was Machida's timidness that cost him.

Weidman can hang with anyone..anywhere. With the right gameplan I am confident that he can keep his title.

I'm sure there is plenty of other reasons (for both guys) .

Last edited:
Back