Why is it so hard for people to admit that Segal is legit?

Lol, like Seagal taught Machida how to throw a crane kick. You have to be an idiot to believe that.

Never did I think I'd yearn for CM Punk threads.

Amen^! How about a few of his more glorious quotes and fraud nuggets?

SG: "I am hoping that I can be known as a great writer and actor some day, rather than a sex symbol."

SG: "I was born very different, clairvoyant and a healer."

VICE: Morihei Ueshiba died in 1968. Meaning that [in order to have been his student] Steven would have had to have been a teenager living alone in Japan for that to have happened. [Which is ludicrous.]

Vanity Fair: When Warner Bros. put him on a strict diet and supplied him with a trainer, they found cookie crumbs on the fitness equipment.

SG: "I'd rather make Terms of Endearment than Commando. I want to make a movie that can grab people by the heartstrings."

From his mother...HIS MOTHER: Told he paints himself has having been an urban "street kid" whom the Fullerton youths saw as "some kind of crazy gangster," Pat says her son was frail and suffered from asthma. "He was a puny kid back then."

SG: "You can say that I became an adviser to several CIA agents in the field, and. through my friends in the CIA, met many powerful people and did special works and special favors."

Vanity Fair: He had big ideas for big scripts, such as the one he wrote about AIDS, which was, as he movingly explained to studio executives, hatched by the CIA in order to eradicate blacks and gays.

People Magazine: A stylist who fit Seagal for a tuxedo on Oscar night says, "I had to tailor the tux around two giant guns. He said he needed 'cover' in case 'they' rushed the stage on him. Who 'they' were, I have no idea."

SG: "The secret is not to act, but to be."

And there are oh-so-many more.

Amen^! How about a few of his more glorious quotes and fraud nuggets?

SG: "I am hoping that I can be known as a great writer and actor some day, rather than a sex symbol."

SG: "I was born very different, clairvoyant and a healer."

VICE: Morihei Ueshiba died in 1968. Meaning that [in order to have been his student] Steven would have had to have been a teenager living alone in Japan for that to have happened. [Which is ludicrous.]

Vanity Fair: When Warner Bros. put him on a strict diet and supplied him with a trainer, they found cookie crumbs on the fitness equipment.

SG: "I'd rather make Terms of Endearment than Commando. I want to make a movie that can grab people by the heartstrings."

From his mother...HIS MOTHER: Told he paints himself has having been an urban "street kid" whom the Fullerton youths saw as "some kind of crazy gangster," Pat says her son was frail and suffered from asthma. "He was a puny kid back then."

SG: "You can say that I became an adviser to several CIA agents in the field, and. through my friends in the CIA, met many powerful people and did special works and special favors."

Vanity Fair: He had big ideas for big scripts, such as the one he wrote about AIDS, which was, as he movingly explained to studio executives, hatched by the CIA in order to eradicate blacks and gays.

People Magazine: A stylist who fit Seagal for a tuxedo on Oscar night says, "I had to tailor the tux around two giant guns. He said he needed 'cover' in case 'they' rushed the stage on him. Who 'they' were, I have no idea."

SG: "The secret is not to act, but to be."

And there are oh-so-many more.

I was laughing my ass off especially with the sex symbol, and CIA made AIDS but now I think I have compassion. I seriously think this guy is mentally ill and needs to be put in an asylum. He is a few french fries short of a happy meal.

Or how bout people who dont actual think things through and only hates a guy because he is an old actor not in on reality.

He is a legit martial artist, has trained with legit legends and anyone who has trained with him has had good things to say.

Are you saying anderson, machida and machida's dad are liars and trolling? Think about it.

I am saying that all thsee of them claimed he was full of shit and fake as fuck as soon as he stopped paying them.

Judo, karate, and Tae Kwon do were all bullshit martial arts too before they werent. Mma fans just try to be all better than everyone too. Being closed minded is harmful to the sport. People always think they have all the techniques figured out and that anything they havent seen doesnt exist or doesnt work.

I mean, i always thought jumping kicks were just for van damme and karate kid movies too. Until machida and pettis made me rethink it.

I also thought spinning shit was fancy for movies but with no substance too. Until i saw bones fuck plenty of "top mma fighters" with them.

But then i was like ok, spinning backfists and elbows may work, but no way do those spinning kicks work. Then i saw edson barboza knock a guy out with one. Then cung le does spinning shit constantly and fucks dudes up!

Then i thought sure maybe those regular spinning kicks work but not those ridiculous capoeira kicks. They
were just bullshit dance fighting crap. Then i saw some dude do like 3 spins and knock a guy out with it.

So then i go to a kung fu class and saw some bullshit instructor teach some upward elbow while his student stood there and took it. Im like no way does that work on a pro fighter who is in his stance and ready for it. Then anderson silva does that shit to a seasoned vet.

But then i realized that those aikido tosses and misdirection throws would never work in a real fight...to be continued...

My point was the reason why fighters dont do that aikido shit is because they dont fucking try. They train almost 100% on the shit they already know. So thats why u dont see it as often.

Could you imagine if some tough guy who trains UFC saw machida or his brother at the beach practicing his kata and started shit with him?

But bet your fucking life when someone catches a punch and throws a guy down really hard twisting his shoulder and ending the fight, then people will start respecting aikido.

The thing about seagal is cause he's an actor and an asshole of sorts.

Well Said.
People always talk about how Kung Fu is useless in MMA, etc. then they use as an example, the video of the Gracie's schooling some Kung Fu Master (white guy) with their BJJ.
For one thing, athleticism and speed, are the major determining factors for any fight. Techniques comes in second. Speed kills. If you have the speed advantage over your opponent......just about anything can work.
I saw a video from the early 70's with a small Kung Fu Master Priest from China fighting in a match against 3 other fighters using Judo, Karate and Jiu Jitsu. This priest was lightening fast. Fastest fighter I every saw. He proceeded to wipe the floor against these three other masters as he was so quick and fast that they didn't stand a chance.

seagull
seagal_fatelvis.jpg

I am saying that all thsee of them claimed he was full of shit and fake as fuck as soon as he stopped paying them.

Aikido is bullshit and anything that works in it for mma purposes is taken from other arts which do them better. Considering how many people study this shit art you'd expect at least a few to have success in mma if it was legit. It isn't.

Well Said.
People always talk about how Kung Fu is useless in MMA, etc. then they use as an example, the video of the Gracie's schooling some Kung Fu Master (white guy) with their BJJ.
For one thing, athleticism and speed, are the major determining factors for any fight. Techniques comes in second. Speed kills. If you have the speed advantage over your opponent......just about anything can work.
I saw a video from the early 70's with a small Kung Fu Master Priest from China fighting in a match against 3 other fighters using Judo, Karate and Jiu Jitsu. This priest was lightening fast. Fastest fighter I every saw. He proceeded to wipe the floor against these three other masters as he was so quick and fast that they didn't stand a chance.

An average wrestler would kill the guy.

I'd like to see Cormier's face when he said Seagal taught him some stuff.

He did break Sean Connery's wrist on a set before he was famous which depending on how you look at it must take some skill, when was the last time someone got a broken wrist in the ufc?

BJJ classes teach a wrist break as a finish for an Omoplata.

Regardless of what you think about his persona, his movies or his style(Aikido) he's clearly showing these people stuff that works.

It's no fluke that he shows the GOAT and Machida a front kick a few weeks before they destroy two MMA legends with it.

DC even said that he's used holds that Sensei Segal taught him.

Swallow your pride. You were wrong. You assumed a hollywood superstar had nothing to offer a modern MMA fighter and you were proven wrong on 3 occasions.

Segal is legit.

I believe Judo Gene

I'd like to see Cormier's face when he said Seagal taught him some stuff.

He did break Sean Connery's wrist on a set before he was famous which depending on how you look at it must take some skill, when was the last time someone got a broken wrist in the ufc?

BJJ classes teach a wrist break as a finish for an Omoplata.

Aoki i believe has successfully used a standing wrist lock in an MMA fight.
need to find vid.

It's very difficult to admit because we have the power of critical thinking.

I was laughing my ass off especially with the sex symbol, and CIA made AIDS but now I think I have compassion. I seriously think this guy is mentally ill and needs to be put in an asylum. He is a few french fries short of a happy meal.

LOLOLOLOL!!! That pic of him rocking out reminds me of one of the best things ever... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3v4-zYghodc Read the lyrics and sing along. Seriously.

And yeah, he's totally fucking bonkers. No doubt about that. But it's good-bonkers not bad. He has absolute belief in his bullshit. Plus, he's rich as hell. He hangs out with some top UFC guys and gets front row seats. He even got anointed as a minor deity by some random sect in India.

A part of me is kind of jealous.

Being big and douchey enough for a sufficiently long time in the movies is sufficient to eventually break the wrist of an actor.

Aoki i believe has successfully used a standing wrist lock in an MMA fight.
need to find vid.
Standing armlock, not wristlock. Standing wristlocks are low percentage to begin with, but appears to be nigh impossible in MMA due to the wrapped hands.

Judo, karate, and Tae Kwon do were all bullshit martial arts too before they werent. Mma fans just try to be all better than everyone too. Being closed minded is harmful to the sport. People always think they have all the techniques figured out and that anything they havent seen doesnt exist or doesnt work.

I mean, i always thought jumping kicks were just for van damme and karate kid movies too. Until machida and pettis made me rethink it.

I also thought spinning shit was fancy for movies but with no substance too. Until i saw bones fuck plenty of "top mma fighters" with them.

But then i was like ok, spinning backfists and elbows may work, but no way do those spinning kicks work. Then i saw edson barboza knock a guy out with one. Then cung le does spinning shit constantly and fucks dudes up!

Then i thought sure maybe those regular spinning kicks work but not those ridiculous capoeira kicks. They
were just bullshit dance fighting crap. Then i saw some dude do like 3 spins and knock a guy out with it.

So then i go to a kung fu class and saw some bullshit instructor teach some upward elbow while his student stood there and took it. Im like no way does that work on a pro fighter who is in his stance and ready for it. Then anderson silva does that shit to a seasoned vet.

But then i realized that those aikido tosses and misdirection throws would never work in a real fight...to be continued...

My point was the reason why fighters dont do that aikido shit is because they dont fucking try. They train almost 100% on the shit they already know. So thats why u dont see it as often.

Could you imagine if some tough guy who trains UFC saw machida or his brother at the beach practicing his kata and started shit with him?

But bet your fucking life when someone catches a punch and throws a guy down really hard twisting his shoulder and ending the fight, then people will start respecting aikido.

The thing about seagal is cause he's an actor and an asshole of sorts.

You're closed minded about how fucking stupid that post was.

The problem with this is that it's not really an argument for if it works at all. Of course people will reevalue Aikido if it's demonstrated with some effectiveness. That's how it should be. However, you aren't really arguing in any way why we should expect this to happen with aikido.

It's a bit like arguing for an emerging mainstream acceptance of homeopathy by stating that people were skeptical to vaccines earlier as well.

...He did break Sean Connery's wrist on a set before he was famous ...

He broke Sean Connery's wrist when Connery grabbed the last ham n melted swiss hoagie. Motivation is the biggest lesson from Sensei Seagal.

I agree. WHEN someone is able to pull off a completely impractical, implausible technique, then people WILL take notice of a system that is full of impractical stuff.

Until then, people will continue to call it what it is. Bullshit!

Back