Why is it so hard for people to admit that Segal is legit?

DC doesn't want to bad mouth Segal because his mom likes him. I'm sure that every fighter has his own reason, not the least of which being that it's good publicity and that the fight world has always had a romance with Hollywood.

Regardless of what you think about his persona, his movies or his style(Aikido) he's clearly showing these people stuff that works.

It's no fluke that he shows the GOAT and Machida a front kick a few weeks before they destroy two MMA legends with it.

DC even said that he's used holds that Sensei Segal taught him.

Swallow your pride. You were wrong. You assumed a hollywood superstar had nothing to offer a modern MMA fighter and you were proven wrong on 3 occasions.

Segal is legit.

ROFL You think someone has to show ppl a front kick?? I think just about everyone knows how to kick, its not rocket science

Segal def not legit, this thread also not legit

Aikido is a martial arts meant for use against the untrained. It's what you use to dominate your little brother.

Trying it on a trained fighter will see every move you make delayed by the strength in his wrists and him given ample time to retaliate with a far more damaging attack.

Silly tricks are for kids.

Are you going to tell us Aikido is legit next? lel

I have been lucky enough to try akido...and it does work. Except being able to get a proper grip in a real fight seems like it would be very difficult. That does not mean it is useless...just less practical...like comparing some judo throws with the simpler trip take downs...obviously the trips are easier to land than some of the fancier throws.

One thing in mma that would negate alot of aikido is that fighters hands and wrists are all taped up...providing more defense than a normal unprepared opponent.

Anyone who's seen Under Seige know Segal is legit.

I agree. WHEN someone is able to pull off a completely impractical, implausible technique, then people WILL take notice of a system that is full of impractical stuff.

Until then, people will continue to call it what it is. Bullshit!

But like i said. Why are people saying it doesnt work when nobody has done it or tried it? It was the same with jump kicks, spin kicks, upward elbows, showtime kicks until someone showed how effective they are if done correctly and practiced hard at. Hell it took 18 UFC events and hundreds of matches before anyone even landed a clean head kick KO. Pete williams vs mark coleman was seen one of the best high kick KOs for a while. That shit is common as fuck and happens at almost every UFC event.

You honestly think Segal taught Anderson Silva the teep kick?

I'd be skeptical too if a video of Segal drilling the kick with Anderson didn't come out before the Vitor fight.

That, and Anderson credited Segal with teaching him the technique.

So yea, must more logical to assume some inside joke delusional tinfoil bs.

:p

Yes. Front kick to the face is a technique no one knows without Seagull teaching it to them.

You telling me he taught Lyoto and Anderson front kicks they've been doing since they were boys? Honestly I think the whole thing is just a joke

Aikido is a martial arts meant for use against the untrained. It's what you use to dominate your little brother.

Trying it on a trained fighter will see every move you make delayed by the strength in his wrists and him given ample time to retaliate with a far more damaging attack.

Silly tricks are for kids.

Like i said, i saw that upward elbow being taught at a kung fu class in the bay area when i was young. It was slightly different only because during the motion he would clench his hands together.

I thought that was horseshit until anderson silva did it and knocked someone out. The reason it isnt done all the time is because, well nobody trains it and when they do they dont have the guts to use it in a fight.

Before the UFC grapplers use to get less respect from the martial arts community. Strikers like kickboxing, muay thai, even karate and tkd were seen as more dangerous and kicking and punching was what most people thought of when you say martial arts. Think about that.

I truly believe that his martial arts ability is only eclipsed by his acting ability.

IMO Aikido would just work when you fight a non trained guy with no background in martial arts of any kind, that

Yes. Front kick to the face is a technique no one knows without Seagull teaching it to them.

Why are you people so stupid. Does seagal have to teach them moves that were never seen before to be legit?? How bout martial artists working together to perfect technique?

Yeah if i train with freddy roach and start knocking guys out, roach should get no credit because i already know how to throw a left hook. He didnt teach me anything.

I truly believe that his martial arts ability is only eclipsed by his acting ability.

You've got some nerve, man.

3 Academy Awards, 4 Golden Globes, a Lifetime achievement award, visits to the White House...

We were talking about Tom Hanks, right?

Why are you people so stupid. Does seagal have to teach them moves that were never seen before to be legit?? How bout martial artists working together to perfect technique?

Yeah if i train with freddy roach and start knocking guys out, roach should get no credit because i already know how to throw a left hook. He didnt teach me anything.

I hear your point, but in all honesty..... bro. The front kick. Give me a break. I watched my buddy win a white belt karate tournament 15 years ago using it almost exclusively.

You've got some nerve, man.

3 Academy Awards, 4 Golden Globes, a Lifetime achievement award, visits to the White House...

We were talking about Tom Hanks, right?

Tom Hanks calls in Segal when prepping for a movie role. Tom wishes he can evoke the emotional depth in his acting that Segal achieves in Under Siege.

Maybe it's to believe because of his dancing style

He said he used holds on friends as in "check this out; this is what Seagal showed me." Not like he actually used it in fights. The rest is bogus, of course.

He's not legit in martial arts.

Lol ok.

You telling me he taught Lyoto and Anderson front kicks they've been doing since they were boys? Honestly I think the whole thing is just a joke

Nobody is saying he taught them that kick. You must be on another level of stupid to think that.

Seagal has said that they worked on that kick together. Seagal does it slightly different, machida's dad does it different.

I think people who deny it just dont want to admit that there is a possibility that he did work with them and was helpful. Funny how all sherdoggers always assess and mma fighters skill but when a lifelong martial artist gives some input then "he doesnt know what hes doing"

Back