Why is it so hard for people to admit that Segal is legit?

Nobody is saying he taught them that kick. You must be on another level of stupid to think that.

Seagal has said that they worked on that kick together. Seagal does it slightly different, machida's dad does it different.

I think people who deny it just dont want to admit that there is a possibility that he did work with them and was helpful. Funny how all sherdoggers always assess and mma fighters skill but when a lifelong martial artist gives some input then "he doesnt know what hes doing"

Of course Seagal does it differently, he can't lift his foot higher than his waist.

Seagal is a life long dance instructor.

Why are you people so stupid. Does seagal have to teach them moves that were never seen before to be legit?? How bout martial artists working together to perfect technique?

Yeah if i train with freddy roach and start knocking guys out, roach should get no credit because i already know how to throw a left hook. He didnt teach me anything.

Seagull has ZERO credentials to go and perfect Anderson's front kick he's been doing for 20 years. It's not a hard technique, how the hell do you perfect it so that all the sudden you knock guys out with it? 'Alright Anderson, instead of stopping the attacker or pushing him back with a front kick, try to knock someone out with it by aiming it to the jaw' You think Anderson with his Muay Thai background wouldn't know he could do that? Even I know it and I have been training a ton of years less than Anderson.

And you comparing this with boxing and Freddie Roach is simply ignorant.

I hear your point, but in all honesty..... bro. The front kick. Give me a break. I watched my buddy win a white belt karate tournament 15 years ago using it almost exclusively.

Does that mean that seagal couldnt have told them to use it more? Does that mean he couldnt have helped them tweek it a little, maybe a set up. Something? i use to win fights with left hooks, doesnt mean if i train with a pro boxer it cant help me because i always knew how to throw one.

Joe rogan helped GSP with his spinning back kick for fucks sake. Yes one of the best ever who trained karate needed help from a comedian/martial artist. Think about that.

He's a joke. Just look at his "training" of Anderson and others. It's slap fighting and when going up against other Aikido guys, a sort of self-imposed choreography of belief where your techniques only work if the target is credulous enough to think they are effective. As far as his Karate, or whatever, I doubt he's that skilled given that he can't see through his own bullshit with regards to the Aikido. If he's competed, maybe he can do something in that regard, but I doubt it since he hangs his hat on the Aikido.

Maybe there are a few salvageable techniques in Aikido and they can certainly tumble around and shit, but from what I've seen it's sort of like certain Kung Fu guys who all lay down for the masters in demonstrations in large part, even when they are throwing pure Ki/Chi around and shit.

You obviously don't know shit about aikido. Aikido for your information derives from aikijiujitsu. In fact, jiu-jitsu, hapkido and aikido derived from aikijiujitsu. The techniques were used to teach officers how to disarm their opponents. If you study the movements of Japanese sword fighting, you would see many of the aikido techniques worked back then. Now with that being said, aikido will not work in mma at all nor would it work in the average street fight. People aren't walking around with samurai swords lol. So yes, Aikido is outdated for the most partbut to suggest it never was a real martial art just shows your ignorance. Know your history before you talk shit.

Of course Seagal does it differently, he can't lift his foot higher than his waist.

Seagal is a life long dance instructor.

Im sure gene lebell cant do much of the shit he could in his younger days either whats your point. Muhammed ali cant even eat his own food.

Does that mean that seagal couldnt have told them to use it more? Does that mean he couldnt have helped them tweek it a little, maybe a set up. Something? i use to win fights with left hooks, doesnt mean if i train with a pro boxer it cant help me because i always knew how to throw one.

Joe rogan helped GSP with his spinning back kick for fucks sake. Yes one of the best ever who trained karate needed help from a comedian/martial artist. Think about that.

Apples and oranges once again.

Im sure gene lebell cant do much of the shit he could in his younger days either whats your point. Muhammed ali cant even eat his own food.

He was still able to choke Seagal out.

And he's twenty years older.

Judo, karate, and Tae Kwon do were all bullshit martial arts too before they werent. Mma fans just try to be all better than everyone too. Being closed minded is harmful to the sport. People always think they have all the techniques figured out and that anything they havent seen doesnt exist or doesnt work.

I mean, i always thought jumping kicks were just for van damme and karate kid movies too. Until machida and pettis made me rethink it.

I also thought spinning shit was fancy for movies but with no substance too. Until i saw bones fuck plenty of "top mma fighters" with them.

But then i was like ok, spinning backfists and elbows may work, but no way do those spinning kicks work. Then i saw edson barboza knock a guy out with one. Then cung le does spinning shit constantly and fucks dudes up!

Then i thought sure maybe those regular spinning kicks work but not those ridiculous capoeira kicks. They
were just bullshit dance fighting crap. Then i saw some dude do like 3 spins and knock a guy out with it.

So then i go to a kung fu class and saw some bullshit instructor teach some upward elbow while his student stood there and took it. Im like no way does that work on a pro fighter who is in his stance and ready for it. Then anderson silva does that shit to a seasoned vet.

But then i realized that those aikido tosses and misdirection throws would never work in a real fight...to be continued...

My point was the reason why fighters dont do that aikido shit is because they dont fucking try. They train almost 100% on the shit they already know. So thats why u dont see it as often.

Could you imagine if some tough guy who trains UFC saw machida or his brother at the beach practicing his kata and started shit with him?

But bet your fucking life when someone catches a punch and throws a guy down really hard twisting his shoulder and ending the fight, then people will start respecting aikido.

The thing about seagal is cause he's an actor and an asshole of sorts.

That about sums it up.

Seagal definitely is well trained in several martial arts in addition to being a master of Aikido, he knows his shit.

Now if he could beat this or that fighter, you have to ask under what conditions.

Steven Seagal vs random MMA fighter... in a gun fight I'll take Steven every day of the week.

People have this idea that MMA fighters are the ultimate warrior in every situation and everyone else is just a joke, it is not true.

In fact, there are very few "real world" scenarios where an MMA fighter is called for, MMA is mostly fantasy bullshit as were the Gracie challenges.

You notice that in none of those fights was a baseball bat, multiple opponents or anything resembling "street" (pavement) used. Street fighting my ass.

Last edited:
Before the UFC grapplers use to get less respect from the martial arts community. Strikers like kickboxing, muay thai, even karate and tkd were seen as more dangerous and kicking and punching was what most people thought of when you say martial arts. Think about that.

And the communities reevaluated this when they say evidence to the contrary. We don't see any evidence to the contrary with Aikido.

Specifically, which Aikido techniques or training methods do you think can be useful in MMA? Do you know anything about Aikido?

e5487dea003a784f0ad00e4f21ad1c9f.jpg

mustve helped anderson perfect it!

Looks like Seagull perfected the kick ;)

You obviously don't know shit about aikido. Aikido for your information derives from aikijiujitsu. In fact, jiu-jitsu, hapkido and aikido derived from aikijiujitsu. The techniques were used to teach officers how to disarm their opponents. If you study the movements of Japanese sword fighting, you would see many of the aikido techniques worked back then. Now with that being said, aikido will not work in mma at all nor would it work in the average street fight. People aren't walking around with samurai swords lol. So yes, Aikido is outdated for the most partbut to suggest it never was a real martial art just shows your ignorance. Know your history before you talk shit.

I didn't say it was never a real martial art. I said that in its current state, it's as I described.

That about sums it up.

Seagal definitely is well trained in several martial arts in addition to being a master of Aikido, he knows his shit.

Now if he could beat this or that fighter, you have to ask under what conditions.

Steven Seagal vs random MMA fighter... in a gun fight I'll take Steven every day of the week.

People have this idea that MMA fighters are the ultimate warrior in every situation and everyone else is just a joke, it is not true.

In fact, there are very few "real world" scenarios where an MMA fighter is called for, MMA is mostly fantasy bullshit as were the Gracie challenges.

You notice that in none of those fights was a baseball bat, multiple opponents or anything resembling "street" (pavement) used. Street fighting my ass.

Yeah, anything short of M-16/AK-47 combat is not "real fighting." :rolleyes: Actually, I've been in more than a few street fights and have yet to have to fight someone using a bat on me. MMA is an idealized unarmed combat contest. Most street fights are unarmed, though. The techniques used in MMA would be directly transferable to one on one street fighting, even if certain aspects would be different. Once you bring weapons into the equation, it is obvious you are no longer talking about the same thing. No one thinks MMA lets you catch bullets with your teeth these days, friend.

Surprisingly, there is still a decent Seagal following. Go read the youtube comments on his videos. People love him as much as Bruce Lee worshippers love Bruce. They all believe their man is light years beyond any MMA fighter. You can't argue with these cultists. Best to just watch with amusement from a distance.

Well, I would probably pick him over Joe Riggs in a gun fight, but that's about it.

Surprisingly, there is still a decent Seagal following. Go read the youtube comments on his videos. People love him as much as Bruce Lee worshippers love Bruce. They all believe their man is light years beyond any MMA fighter. You can't argue with these cultists. Best to just watch with amusement from a distance.

Yes, there is a massive surplus of drooling idiots in the world.

Seagal is more than legit. I grew up watching his movies and that fight education no doubt played a huge role in my current 201-0 street fighting record. I could only imagine if I was able to train with him in person like Silva and Machido have

The worth of a master in something like Aikido is the understanding of balance and how to predict attack. Efficiency of motion is also a key in the style, and all are useful for MMA.

Outside of 100% bs like "death touches" and "mind KOs" almost any skill can be utilized in MMA if the right practitioner uses it.

Back