• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Why is Chinese Food Fried Chicken superior American Fried Chicken?

A lot of you whiteboys don't seem to understand how it works.

In the big-city, explosive and athletic American East Coast, the Chinese joints that also do fried chicken are about as close as it gets to real Southern friend chicken without wandering into a bulletproof Kennedy Fried Chicken joint.

lol, this is making think of this for some reason.
[YT]Xuvj13NTwUY[/YT]

Asians have been frying food for ages, before there was a USA. It 's cultural ignorance that Americans assume fried chicken was somehow invented by southern people and that they know how to do it best. Fried chicken is really popular in Asia and it's nothing like American fried chicken.

Don't get me wrong as I enjoy me all types of Asian batter/deep fried chicken but Asian fried chicken cuts can go to hell.

I like my fried chicken in body parts that I can recognize from just looking at it - breast, wings, legs and thighs. Amerikanski style.

Bone-in asian fried chicken comes in chopstickable discrete pieces and some of the CJK cuts (like the rib piece) got little to zero meat on them. Mouthful of fried batter. Plus, some of those pieces look just like the other pieces. I don't know before I bite into it whether its dark meat or white meat. Then there's the whole cutting-through-bones business before its fried. My drunk ass has stabbed myself in the mouth with sharp chicken bones a dozen times.

Fuck that.

Then there's the whole matter of ordering chicken at a fried chicken joint anywhere in Asia. You might get lucky and be able to order half a chicken, but usually, you are paying for the entire fucking chicken. I just want the wings and maybe some thighs. I can walk into a Kennedy Fried Chicken a 3am higher than a goddamn weather balloon and get exactly that. Try ordering three wings and a thigh in Asia.

I will give it to Asian fried chicken that at least get the neck. Fried chicken neck - nom nom nom.

Chinese fried chicken is terrible.....only certain towns around me order it. They also have high crime rates and love Lil Wayne.

No love for Chicken Katsu?

Well, chicken katsu is usually boneless. No hate for that.

Personally, if I am getting katsu, whether pork or chicken, I go for the curry sauce option.

Katsu panko breading is pretty awesome. I just don't want it on my chicken wings.

/You ever deep fry chicken with corn flakes as breading? It's the shit on a stick.
Also southern black folks learned to cook fried chicken from the southern white hicks. Get a white person with a country accent and they will fry the pants off a chicken. I am lucky my Mexican Wife had Black foster parents. She has a degree in culinary arts and can cook authentic Mexican or soul food and great French cuisine. Bakes cakes and muffins and shit. When I found out she could make chocolate eclairs I nearly cried a tear of joy.

Also no mention of southern style mac and cheese?!?!?! They use 4 or 5 kinds of cheeses and bake that shit. Goes great with fried chicken!!!!!

Last edited:
Don't get me wrong as I enjoy me all types of Asian batter/deep fried chicken but Asian fried chicken cuts can go to hell.

I like my fried chicken in body parts that I can recognize from just looking at it - breast, wings, legs and thighs. Amerikanski style.

Bone-in asian fried chicken comes in chopstickable discrete pieces and some of the CJK cuts (like the rib piece) got little to zero meat on them. Mouthful of fried batter. Plus, some of those pieces look just like the other pieces. I don't know before I bite into it whether its dark meat or white meat. Then there's the whole cutting-through-bones business before its fried. My drunk ass has stabbed myself in the mouth with sharp chicken bones a dozen times.

Fuck that.

Then there's the whole matter of ordering chicken at a fried chicken joint anywhere in Asia. You might get lucky and be able to order half a chicken, but usually, you are paying for the entire fucking chicken. I just want the wings and maybe some thighs. I can walk into a Kennedy Fried Chicken a 3am higher than a goddamn weather balloon and get exactly that. Try ordering three wings and a thigh in Asia.

I will give it to Asian fried chicken that at least get the neck. Fried chicken neck - nom nom nom.
I like the small pieces. It's crispier.
You're in Korea right now yes? Have you tried the boneless fried chicken from Lotte w/mountain garlic sauce? And those spicy potato wedges??? Shrimp chip appetizers?? Delicious!

To be fair, I never tried southern fried chicken or Kennedy fried chicken. It might be very good. All I'm saying is that Asians have been frying chicken forever so it's not imitating American chicken.

Every southerner in Mayberry is laughing at this thread.

MSG is found in nearly all prepared/fast food. Potato chips, crackers, can of soup, vegetable dip, salad dressing, hamburger meat, process cheese, sausages etc. It is often hidden under the name of a vegetable protein like soya protein, yeast protein, wheat protein etc. Chances are that you eat MSG fairly regularly without knowing.

Thankfully I don't eat Can soups, Hamburger, process foods, and I eat like fast foods like once a month. I'm sure I take in MSG as well, it's not like I'm just drinking water to survive. I'm not saying MSG is deadly, else it would have been banned, but I still stand by my word that MSG is SHIT. The flavoring it provide is SHIT.

Also to the user that said it only add to the meat taste, you obviously don't eat other cultures food alot. MSG adds alot of "flavoring" to even this:

thumb_600.jpg

*** REMOVED TO SHORTEN QUOTE ***

I just want the wings and maybe some thighs. I can walk into a Kennedy Fried Chicken a 3am higher than a goddamn weather balloon and get exactly that. Try ordering three wings and a thigh in Asia.

I'm not sure what you are saying. You said KFC at 3am and you get what you want. It's no different in Singapore/Malaysia/Thailand, at least these I know because I ate fast food chains in these countries. Unless you are talking about random food store.

Also people saying about Southern Chicken by black mamas, even though I haven't tried those before but I drool every single time I seen them on Food channels. I'm sure those taste as good as people recommend in this thread.

EDIT:
Can you post some pictures ? I am somehow interested in your southern style fried chicken.

I might be wrong but
It looks just like fast food chain chicken, but just with legit spices. I mean how different can a Fried chicken look? I guess?

This is the only place I eat fried chicken from. Served with bourbon maple glaze. Delicious. Also, wash it down with a chipotle bloody mary, with rib.
l.jpg

l.jpg

This is the only place I eat fried chicken from. Served with bourbon maple glaze. Delicious. Also, wash it down with a chipotle bloody mary, with rib.
l.jpg

l.jpg

a slab of meat laying on top of a beverage? what is next? sticking it in the mash potatoes?

Those picture ObsoleteSoul posted will likely own most "Chinese Fried Chicken" and Chain fast food restaurants. Because most of the best tasting food don't come in chain restaurants.

Well, as a devout connoisseur of fried chicken, this has been fun to listen to.

If anyone, anywhere in the world has eaten fried Chicken at Two Sisters Kitchen in Jackson MS, and Michael Richards Central in Washington DC, and has found better fried chicken than those 2 places, let me know where it is and I will travel there immediately.

It is not unheard of for college students at Clemson University in SC to leave the bars at 3am and road trip the 500 miles to get to Two Sisters by lunch time.

Every southerner in Mayberry is laughing at this thread.

Everyone I've eaten fried chicken in the south it had the taste of burnt oil. Skip fried chicken and go for the seafood when down south. The seafood I had in Birmingham couple of years ago was great.

Those picture ObsoleteSoul posted will likely own most "Chinese Fried Chicken" and Chain fast food restaurants. Because most of the best tasting food don't come in chain restaurants.

I have never had fried chicken in a great Asian eatery. I never see it as a great centerpiece in Asian foods, just street food, or shitty fried wings in shitty "chinese" places. Meanwhile over here, we will doll fried chicken up.

I would like to try some really good Chinese fried chicken though. I'm sure it exist lol

Back