• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Why is Chinese Food Fried Chicken superior American Fried Chicken?

Is this for real?

Yea, I've had steak fajitas and tacos at Mexican restaurants, their sauces are too salty but everything else was just bland. It didnt go well.

This is also the reason why I think commercial based salsa are better than homemade or restaurant made salsas

The title of this thread is just laughable. I hope English isn't your first language.

KFC is one of those places you crave and then after you finish 4 pieces you say, "Well that wasn't even good at all." and then immediately go to Popeyes to cancel out that disappointment.

Sodium stabilized glutamate MSG was invented by a Japanese scientist to mimic the flavor of glutamate from dashi-kombu seaweed.

When obtained through methods of hydrolyzing sources which naturally contain msg such as soy bean, yeast and wheat, there is no required labeling to distinguish that they contain msg. It is found as an ingredient in nearly all that we eat, whether as an additive or naturally occuring. It is even hidden in other products such as shampoo, lotion, cosmetics and health supplements. You would have a very hard time trying not to come in contact with it in some form.

It is now made using fermenting bacteria. It is pretty efficient, too. I think it was something like 5lbs of sugar will give you 1 lb msg.

KFC is one of those places you crave and then after you finish 4 pieces you say, "Well that wasn't even good at all." and then immediately go to Popeyes to cancel out that disappointment.

How much do you weigh? :eek:

I used to love the spicy crispy chicken at KFC, but I can't find a store that sells it anymore.

How much do you weigh? :eek:

I used to love the spicy crispy chicken at KFC, but I can't find a store that sells it anymore.

They used to sell the boneless wings for like $5 more than regular wings, but I would still get it anyway because it was convenient

It is now made using fermenting bacteria. It is pretty efficient, too. I think it was something like 5lbs of sugar will give you 1 lb msg.

There are actually two processes used nowadays to produce flavor enhancers such as msg. Traditional msg is fermented while hydrolyzed proteins are extracted with heat and solution. The process of isolation is different but the product is identical. But that enables the food and healthcare industry to mislead consumers because only the process of fermentation needs to be labeled as msg, while sources extracted by hydrolysis are deemed to be hydrolyzed proteins. All are sources of msg used for the purpose of enhancing the taste of food economically.

^^ Check out the big brain on Brad!

Jules.jpg

I have never had good Chinese food. True story. Always soggy as hell.

I'm not sure what the MSG argument is. I KNOW there are a SMALL amount of MSG in certain foods. Those are Natural ones. Adding those white powdery MSG ones are not natural and certainly don't taste good TO ME. 90% of the people love them because of the flavour it adds. Saying it, those WHITE POWDERY ONES, doesn't add external taste is Bullshit. If I want external flavours, I love those from herbs, leaves, spices.

Also the "funny" parts are those we don't know. Just like Glutter oil. Just like the baby killing milk powder sold in China years ago. I'm not saying these cutlets are harmful, because I eat alot of them yearly when I visit Taiwan. :D

images

Which ONE part of a chicken is bigger than a person face? Oh yeah, those tenderness from the cutlets makes it sure that it's not breast meat.

Branson-Virgin-UFO-Balloon-ftr.jpg

tell me how adding msg to food is any more 'unnatural' than adding white, powdery salt to food, or any other ingredient for that matter. manufactured msg is identical to naturally occurring msg.

take a single chicken breast and a mallet and i could make it bigger than your face with ease. there's not a single part of a chicken that is a 'funny' part. you sir do not know shit about food.

Last edited:
i have to agree, whatever they are doing with that fried chicken, its delicious

Using KFC and Popeyes as the measuring stick...Your parents need to let you out of the basement more.

Back