Why is Andre ward acting like a retired bum(rant)

You not being able to provide a worthwhile answer doesnt make it a stupid question.

So you weren't making a point that boxers, like most other athletes, should be paid based on talent?

All the injuries/promotional bullshit aside, I just miss watching the guy fight. Great fighter, one of the few great pure boxers right now.

As for him being dirty, yeah he's dirty sometimes, but I'd rather have a guy who gets hit low just hit the other guy right back in the nuts rather than watch a fighter rely on a guy like Laurence Cole or some dumb blind fuck like that to officiate and hope he actually sees and warns people. That's the way I look at it, at least.

Hopefully he gets back in there soon, even if it's against someboyd he'll dominate.

Arguably better than Ward, at least he's got an offer for a championship fight.

Fighting the establishment, especially when you've signed a contract, is risky.

The cry baby quitter who has retired twice now because guys wont let him win, who always complains about being broke, who has never and will never make it to the top of the game, is doing better than Ward?

You can go back to the heavies now.

"Who gets paid based on talent?" is the only stupid question so far.

For the record I do think their pay should come from abilities more than antics and talking shit. Does not mean that Im not well aware that skills are not what drives most "fans".

Whose job is it to subsidize Ward's pay when his live gate and PPV/subscription value doesn't cover it? HBO? Goosen?

Whose job is it to subsidize Ward's pay when his live gate and PPV/subscription value doesn't cover it? HBO? Goosen?

He doesnt understand that talented pure boxers (like Sweet Pea or Emmanuel Augustus) never make as much money as pure guts fighters (like Gatti, or Vargas, or Micky Ward). Boxing aint a singing contest.

So you weren't making a point that boxers, like most other athletes, should be paid based on talent?

Although thats how I feel, no it wasnt. Im asking if people feel he is compensated fairly for what he does.

If I wanted to make that point Id simply say he is second best and should be paid accordingly. But again, and youd know this if you read along, Ive said time and again he needs marketing and to fight elsewhere if he wants the big bucks. We all are aware that most of selling in boxing is based on the crowd draw. Look at JCC and Canelo for example.

Again you arent keeping up. Once youre up to speed let me know.

The cry baby quitter who has retired twice now because guys wont let him win, who always complains about being broke, who has never and will never make it to the top of the game, is doing better than Ward?

As I said, he's got an offer, if he wants to take it (of course he won't, as he's even more delusional than Ward). What does Ward got?

You can go back to the heavies now.

Never been there.

I don't think ward deserves anything more than what he's been getting. Maybe in a perfect world he might deserve more money, but realistically he gets what he should. He's inactive and he's not exciting, so he doesn't draw.

Let me know when Ward gets ran out of the game twice because he isnt on their level.

Let me know when Ward gets ran out of the game twice because he isnt on their level.

You're missing the point, repeatedly. I am not a fan of Diaz. He's not nearly as talented as Ward. But common fight fans would much rather watch Diaz. That's why Ward doesnt get paid well. And on top of that, he's got an attitude problem (i.e., the world owes him).

I guarantee that Ward has made considerably more for his last 10 fights than Diaz made over his entire career.

I guarantee that Ward has made considerably more for his last 10 fights than Diaz made over his entire career.

Irrelevant. You forgot to normalize these figures by the MMA/Boxing pay range.

Diaz is bitching that he's not getting SaintPierre money, Ward that he's not getting Mayweather money. Same idea.

You're missing the point, repeatedly. I am not a fan of Diaz. He's not nearly as talented as Ward. But common fight fans would much rather watch Diaz. That's why Ward doesnt get paid well. And on top of that, he's got an attitude problem (i.e., the world owes him).

Ward makes more than Diaz, Dana.

Hes got an attitude problem for wanting to make what he can while he can? I guess youve never switched jobs or asked for a raise.

Maybe common mma fans would rather watch Diaz, but no boxing fan would rather watch Diaz than Ward.
Ward is a top 3 p4p fighter in the world while Diaz throws arm punches.

Ive never been interested in watching Diazs fights and I never saw his so called great "boxing" skills that mma fans scream about all the time.

Irrelevant. You forgot to normalize these figures by the MMA/Boxing pay range.

Diaz is bitching that he's not getting SaintPierre money, Ward that he's not getting Mayweather money. Same idea.

Its not the same idea. Ward is actually somewhat comparable to Floyd and the other top earners. Cant say the same for Diaz.

Diaz isn't just popular b/c he's an exciting fighter, he has a cult following b/c of his persona and there's people out there who are diehard fans of the guy and would pay to watch him fight anybody.

Ward doesn't have that diehard fanbase, not b/c casual fans don't find him exciting, if that were the case then Floyd wouldn't make 40mil a fight. Most casual fans don't understand or respect the skillsets of pure boxers like Floyd and Ward. Difference between those two, though, is the fact that Floyd changed his persona and went from pbf to Money. When he made that change people started to love or hate him and they tuned in to watch him win or get the shit kicked out of him. Diaz also has that bipolar type of fanbase, Ward doesn't.

If Ward decided to go out and start talking shit and making noise, then he'd get his attention. Chael did the same shit, most casual fans didn't find him exciting, he started running his mouth and people wanted to watch him fight. Medium rare, bitch, that's how you market.

Ward isn't that type of guy, he's super religious and doesn't seem to be the type of guy that would even be interested in faking a persona to get more fans/haters to watch. I think he's in a tough position, the guy deserves more money than he makes, but the mainstream fans don't know him enough to either like or hate him.

I hope he gets his money, though. Guy is one of the best of this era.

Maybe common mma fans would rather watch Diaz, but no boxing fan would rather watch Diaz than Ward.
Ward is a top 3 p4p fighter in the world while Diaz throws arm punches.

Ive never been interested in watching Diazs fights and I never saw his so called great "boxing" skills that mma fans scream about all the time.

Throwing/landing/taking punches=boxing.

Diaz isn't just popular b/c he's an exciting fighter, he has a cult following b/c of his persona and there's people out there who are diehard fans of the guy and would pay to watch him fight anybody.

Ward doesn't have that diehard fanbase, not b/c casual fans don't find him exciting, if that were the case then Floyd wouldn't make 40mil a fight. Most casual fans don't understand or respect the skillsets of pure boxers like Floyd and Ward. Difference between those two, though, is the fact that Floyd changed his persona and went from pbf to Money. When he made that change people started to love or hate him and they tuned in to watch him win or get the shit kicked out of him. Diaz also has that bipolar type of fanbase, Ward doesn't.

If Ward decided to go out and start talking shit and making noise, then he'd get his attention. Chael did the same shit, most casual fans didn't find him exciting, he started running his mouth and people wanted to watch him fight. Medium rare, bitch, that's how you market.

Ward isn't that type of guy, he's super religious and doesn't seem to be the type of guy that would even be interested in faking a persona to get more fans/haters to watch. I think he's in a tough position, the guy deserves more money than he makes, but the mainstream fans don't know him enough to either like or hate him.

I hope he gets his money, though. Guy is one of the best of this era.

So much this.

Ward needs to push some buttons or get out of California to get what he wants.

understand or respect the skillsets of pure boxers like Floyd and Ward. Difference between those two, though, is the fact that Floyd changed his persona and went from pbf to Money

There's more to Floyd than being a heel, or a pure defensive boxer. I still remember how Floyd KOed Chico Corrales. Corrales was back then a beast, and people were actually worried for Floyd. Does Ward have anything close to that on his resume?

Back