Why is Andre ward acting like a retired bum(rant)

There's more to Floyd than being a heel, or a pure defensive boxer. I still remember how Floyd KOed Chico Corrales. Corrales was back then a beast, and people were actually worried for Floyd. Does Ward have anything close to that on his resume?

I'm not arguing resumes but since you mention it, let me ask you this: Broner got payed over a mil on the undercard of a ppv to fight "the other Carlos Molina." does he have any wins close to Ward's wins on his resume? No, but he's a douchebag and people will pay to watch him get his ass kicked. If he was some God fearing quiet kid from Oakland that didn't talk much shit and make a fool of himself, there's no way he'd be getting 7 figures on an undercard of a ppv. It's not about resumes as much as it is attention, people who get more attention get more money. Ward doesn't get enough attention.

I'm not arguing resumes but since you mention it, let me ask you this: Broner got payed over a mil on the undercard of a ppv to fight "the other Carlos Molina." does he have any wins close to Ward's wins on his resume? No, but he's a douchebag and people will pay to watch him get his ass kicked. If he was some God fearing quiet kid from Oakland that didn't talk much shit and make a fool of himself, there's no way he'd be getting 7 figures on an undercard of a ppv. It's not about resumes as much as it is attention, people who get more attention get more money. Ward doesn't get enough attention.

Broner is not lacking in talent.

Re. Ward, that's true. Being an in-your-face born-again christian doesnt make you very popular in the Bay Area.

Broner is not lacking in talent.

Re. Ward, that's true. Being an in-your-face born-again christian doesnt make you very popular in the Bay Area.

I agree Broner has talent, but he's not making seven figures on an undercard against a dude nobody has ever heard of b/c of his talent. He's making that money b/c of his persona and the attention that it brings him.

The last year and a bit in Ward's career have reminded me a bit of Hopkins' career after he drubbed Trinidad. He'll likely get out of it in time, but it's a bit of a shame to see such a good fighter sit on the shelf so long.

The problem there is, Froch vs Groves is going to make mega money. Neither guy is going to come to fight for peanuts in Wards backyard.

I'm telling you, Ward is his own worst enemy here. You fight whoever you can and dominate until people can't ignore you anymore. Its easy to ignore ward right now because he's not doing anything.

Ward is the kid in the classroom who sits by himself and ignores everyone and then wonders why no one likes him.

This is true.
Neither Froch or Groves need Ward for anything. They are gettin paid so much more at the moment without having to fight Ward.

Ward should leave Oakland, go take their belts and make the money in the rematch when he wins again.

Back